• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite TV shows

Dezzie

STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION :jam:

I love Star Trek so much. It's funny because my Dad used to watch it when I was a kid, and I'd tell him that the show looked so stupid. I don't know what on Earth I was thinking! It wasn't until my husband kept begging me to watch it with him, when I finally gave in! I'm glad I did! :D

I also like the show Lost. :rainbow1:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
The Tudors
Downden Abby
AFV (I agree with Sgloom - the hosts are ridiculous but I love the clips)
House Hunters International
Everybody Loves Raymond
Friends
AbFab
Keeping Up Appearances
Mr Bean
Black Adder
The Office (both versions)
The Worst Week of My Life
House
The Baker Boys

Oh, and anything to do with Rasputin, conjoined twins, Eva Braun, Elizabeth I, and ginormous tumors.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't mentioned 30 Rock yet.
Great show!
How great, do you ask?
It makes me actually like Alec Baldwin.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Dr. Who
Alphas
Torchwood (until it got weird after their base was demolished)
Warehouse 13
Eureka (which really went downhill this past season and blessedly has only one more)
Mythbusters
Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files (really well done investigative series)
Off Limits (extremely interesting since the host gets into areas of major U.S. cities that are restricted access to the public. You learn tons about history, architecture and urban development.)

And finally, I cannot believe anyone who enjoys legal dramas didn't mention The Good Wife, absolutely the best drama on commercial tv today.

[Note to Caladan about True Blood: Forget it. It's garbage. Read the series by Charlaine Harris instead. The tv show is a travesty. The books continue at about a dozen to be really well done.]

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Note to Caladan about True Blood: Forget it. It's garbage. Read the series by Charlaine Harris instead. The tv show is a travesty. The books continue at about a dozen to be really well done.]
I disagree. having it visual as the series is does it for me, I don't mind that its not 'loyal' to the books, since its not supposed to be. the series is great entertainment, great comic reliefs too.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
Okay, well...different strokes.

It really bothers me when a movie or tv show that's supposedly based on a book or book series departs from the storyline as much as True Blood does. I expect such a show or series to be reasonably faithful to the way the characters are portrayed in the books, probably because I'm a "books first" type of person.

If you enjoy the series, you're certainly entitled to differ.

Viker

Häxan
I used to love the Andy Griffith Show. Come to think about it, The Walking Dead is almost like The Andy Griffith Show only with zombies and no Barney. Poor Barney must have gotten all ate up trying to fend off them legions of the undead.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I used to love the Andy Griffith Show. Come to think about it, The Walking Dead is almost like The Andy Griffith Show only with zombies and no Barney. Poor Barney must have gotten all ate up trying to fend off them legions of the undead.
With only the single bullet he carried in his pocket, he wouldn't last long.

Dezzie

A few, but the one I am currently following is True Blood. entertaining as hell.

I watched the first couple episodes of that and was completely turned off. The sex scenes were way too intense for my liking. lol I haven't tried to watched that show since.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
My guilty pleasure is Storage Wars and Pawn Stars.
Warning to those who mistake Storage Wars for reality:
It's a complete wet dream fantasy.
It's always just abandoned junk that few want.
I'm lucky though, having found a guy who will haul it away for free.
He makes next to nothing on it.

csk2summitt

My favorite tv shows are:-
True blood
South Park
Modern family
Lost

I watch these series online on *edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

aligburg

Family guy is my favorite tv show.I watched every episodes with full interest.I always watched this tv Show with friends.Story revolves around Griffin family. Peter is my favorite character.