• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

favorite TV shows when you were a kid

cardero

Citizen Mod
Bastet's list sure brings back some memories. When I would return home from Kindergarten my father would make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I would watch Gumby, Speed Racer and Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse.

My father would watch The Pink Panther cartoons with us on Saturday. It was the only time I heard him laugh out loud to Saturday Morning cartoons. Now when he teases me about still watching cartoons I remind him of his laughing on Saturday morning to those Pink Panther cartoons and he denies that the whole morning had happen.

Enhanced Spirit brings up an interesting program entitled H & R Puffnstuff that was done by Sid and Marty Krofft. They did other shows like The Bugaloos, Land Of the Lost, Sigmund And the Sea Monsters, Lidsville, Wonderbug, Bigfoot and Wildboy, Pryor's Place, the pro-feminist Electra Woman and Dyna-Girl (a personal favorite), The Lost Saucer (with Jim Nabors and Ruth Buzzi!!!!), Dr. Shrinker, Far Out Space Nuts and others. These shows were too trippy for little kids which made me wonder what drugs Sid & Marty were experimenting with.

Lintu

Sesame Street
I love Lucy (yes, around the same age as Sesame Street!)
He-Man and She-ra
Ninja Turtles
The Price is Right
Reading Rainbow
David the Gnome
Inspector Gadget

ayani

Majikthise said:
Check out the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim sometime. It's an over the top version of Johnny Quest,very funny.Race Bannon is even in one episode! The best thing is Races alter ego who is constantly smoking and drives a 69 dodge charger.He usually gets laid too.
adult swim is the best. unfortunately i can never stay up that long.

yessir, after "diagnosis murder" it's bedtime for me. :D

oh, and Beavis and Butthead were the coolest. i love Judge's King of the Hill, too. remember that great episode where the guys find this couch in their alley and they get all attached to it? simple, but oddly funny.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
EnhancedSpirit said:
Wonder Twins (activate)
The Wonder Twins were part of the SuperFriends cartoon I used to watch...although I think it might have been called Justice League of America or something here. I've always loved superhero cartoons. :p
EnhancedSpirit said:
I Dream of Jeanie
Ah! Can't believe I missed this one...I had a crush on Jeanie. :D

There was also this Beatles cartoon that was on of a Saturday morning for a while when I was a kid (although it was made in the mid 60s). This is what they looked like. It was rather odd, cause I think only one of them actually had a Liverpudlian (is that a real word?) accent. The rest didn't sound right at all. :areyoucra Wow...I just looked up 'Beatles Cartoon', and some toy company has manufactured figurines based on the cartoon series lol. Anything to make a buck...

*edit* Ooh! I just remembered another cartoon - Here Comes The Grump! I just loved the dragon... :biglaugh:
*edit again* Ooh - Secret Squirrel!! And Get Smart...and Gilligan's Island...and...and...somebody stop me!!!

cardero

Citizen Mod
Felix the Cat, not the 1930's black and white, (though I do like that one) not the 1990 series entitled The Twisted Tales Of Felix The Cat (though I did like that one too) but the limited animated one with The Professor, Rock Bottom, Poindexter and Master Cylinder.

......Oh yeah, Beanie and Cecil was outrageous.

Runt

I remember liking a cartoon about a little red-capped gnome who healed animals and stuff and another cartoon about a family of koala bears (there was a pink one and a blue one, I think... and they were able to go to some weird koala world through their mother's pouch or something weird like that). I also liked a lot of nonfiction... cooking shows, medical shows, and pretty much everything on the discovery and history channels. Oh, and Animal Planet, heh. And I used to watch Rescue 911 all the time. *Was and still is a geek* :D

Master Vigil

I didn't watch too much tv as a kid. I was always off in the woods or out skateboarding or something. But when I did, I would watch anything that involved martial arts. Such as... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, kung fu, mortal kombat, wmac masters, an more. And anything with superhero's, X-men, transformers, superman, batman, etc... I also liked the Animaniacs, Looney Toons, and anything anime. I didn't get into DBZ until middle school though. So that wasn't really when I was a kid. Or was it? :D But over all, I was a movie person, not a tv person.

hanessah

Looney Tunes , Lost in Space, Bonanza, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Superman, Red Skelton, Kung-Fu,
Munsters and Adams family, Disney, Benny Hill, friday night -fright night OOh

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Favourite T.V shows - that's easy; I didn't have any, because we had no T.V !:biglaugh:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Master Vigil said:
I didn't watch too much tv as a kid. I was always off in the woods or out skateboarding or something.
That's kinda why I'm surprised my list is as long as it is...I grew up on a farm and was outside a lot as a kid. :confused: Then when I hit my teens, I spent much of my time with my head in a book. I certainly didn't watch as much tv as my little brother and sister did/do now (they're teenagers now).

Riven

He-Man, Voltron, G.I. Joe, Knight Rider, The A-Team, The Dukes of Hazzard, Mork and Mindy, Woody Woodpecker, Alf, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers, Three's Company

If I had to pick one, it'd be Growing Pains. I thought Kirk Cameron was the coolest guy ever, I wanted to BE him.

wicca_woman

831...J&J
PLANET OF THE APES
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
TWILIGHT ZONE
UNSOLVED MYSTERIES
FACTS OF LIFE
DIFFERENT STROKES
FRAGGLE ROCK
MORK AND MINDY
LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY
GRAPE APE
THE ODD COUPLE
FELIX THE CAT
GARFIELD
BOSOM BUDDIES
:p

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
When I was young young it was The Captain and Taniel Show followed by The Donny and Marie Show (I'm a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock and rock!). Saturday mornings were for Superfriends, Sigman and the Sea Monsters, RJ Puffinstuff, Land of the Lost and Bugs Bunny (uncensored!). When I got a little older it was Dukes of Hazzard all the way! YEEEEHAW!

GoldenDragon

When I was kid I used to watch old school Nick alot
Rocko's Modern Life
Angry Beavers
AAAHH! Real Monsters
Eureka's Castle
Hey Arnold!
Legend's of the Hidden Temple
GUTS
All That
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Ren & Stimpy(the South Park of its time hehe)
Stick in the Afternoon(Stick Stickly was one of my favorite tv characters as a kid)
so many good cartoons/shows too bad they were replaced with the junk Nickelodeon has on these days.
I also used to watch the original Power Rangers ,that was one of the hugest fads I ever followed I remember how they banned Power Ranger costumes in my school boy where those kids ticked off about that.

Hacker

THREE'S COMPANY is NUMBER ONE!:yes: LOVED that show.
One Day at a time
Different Strokes
Punky Bruster
Jefferson's
Mork and Mindy
Oh I know there's more

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Well, I'm a lot older than most of you! Most of your favorite shows were the shows my own kids grew up watching. I was a kid in the early 1960's, and I used to like these:

When I was about 5 years old, Winky Dink, literally the world's first "electronic game," was a Saturday morning cartoon. The main character, Winky Dink, would always be getting himself into a bind of some sort and it was up to the kids who were watching the show to help him out. The television network sold Winky Dink kits which were comprised of nothing more than a paper-thin sheet of transparent plastic that would adhere to the TV screen, and a crayon-like marker. When the bad guys were chasing Winky Dink and he came to a cliff with a raging river below, the announcer would say, "Oh dear! What will Winky Dink do? If only there were a bridge. He could cross to the other side. Quick, make a bridge for Winky Dink!" You'd get out your special crayon and draw a bridge on the plastic sheet between the cliff where Winky Dink stood in a panic and the other side of the river. After a few seconds, Winky Dink would race across the bridge you'd drawn and you'd wipe it off the screen before his enemies caught up to him. The Winky Dink kit only cost 50 cents, but my mom didn't see any point to putting out the money. She'd just put a piece of Saran Wrap on the TV screen and I could save Winky Dink along with everybody else.

When I was a little older (maybe 10 or 12), my favorite show was "One Step Beyond." It was actually the predecessor to "Twilight Zone," but was always billed as true, unexplainable events. I thought it had "Twighlight Zone" beat by far.