• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

favorite TV shows when you were a kid

jewscout

Religious Zionist
What were your favorite TV shows and cartoons when you were a kid...
i used to watch:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dinosaucers
Batman the Animated Series
lots and lots of Nick at Nite
You Can't Do That On Television (what do you think's in the burgers?:D )

almost forgot...Transformers, Voltron, Thundercats!!!!
and of course....HeMan!!

holy crap....does anyone remember The Adventures of An American Rabbit????????
aside from my sister i know 1 other person who has ever seen that movie!

Cr0wley

More Human Than Human
What was that TV show with the singing Raisins? I liked that. And I remember something called "Widget" or something...

M

Majikthise

When I was a kid? Johnny Quest, Thunderbirds, Ultraman, Lost in Space, and Starblazers(aka Space Cruiser Yamato). I started watching Star Trek in 75 when I was 10, and still love it today.:D

Melody

Bewitched
Lost In Space
Adam's Family
Hogan's Heroes
Star Trek
Twilight Zone (original with Rod Serling)
Carol Burnett Show
Ed Sullivan
Bonanza

ayani

COPS (me and my dad would watch it together)

Rescue 911 (i'd race home after school to watch this, sick little freak)

Unsolved Mysteries (loved the creepy murder / ghost stories)

Nature shows

Beavis and Butthead

Dinogrrl

peeb!
Star Trek :}!
No, really.

And Sesame Street. Heck, I used to watch it (albeit, only once a month when I was very very bored) right up until they changed the format of it (it's yucky now >:{).

And the original power rangers. That was about it. I didn't watch much tv...I did watch some old Disney Channel shows when we used to get that channel. But mostly, I watched taped movies :}.

cardero

Citizen Mod
Creature Feature-horror movies
Chiller Theater (WPIX horror movies that had a claymated 6 finger hand rise out of the moors to grab the letters that spelled chiller during the introduction truly horrified me)
Abbott & Costello Movies-Every Sunday morning at 11:00am
The Bowery Boys Movies-Saturday morning at 10:00
The Night Stalker
The Incredible Hulk
Pandamonium-3 pandas that solved mysteries that transformed together to create one panda
Clue Club-take off of Scooby Doo
Goober and the Ghost Chasers
The Funky Phantom
Wacky Racers
Super Chicken
Roger Ramjet
Rocky And Bullwinkle
Woody Woodpecker
Battle Of The Planets
Groovie Ghoulies
The Great Space Coaster
The Magic Garden
Romper Room
Joy's Play(? Fun ?)house
Patchwork Family-had to get up early in the morning to see this one. I was in love with the female host of this show.
ZOOM-PBS programming with kids running around barefooted in striped shirts
The Benny Hill Show-my father liked it.
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
USA Kung Fu Theater

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Well, we only had two tv channels when I was a kid (up until my teens, I think), so there wasn't a whole lot to choose from. That being said, I still seem to have a rather large list...bearing in mind that I didn't watch them all at once. ;)

Cartoons:
Astroboy (the original, not this new crap...I own the complete series on video, but would love to have it on dvd instead)
Battle of the Planets (then G-Force...it became Eagle Riders in later years)
Voltron (both the vehicles one and the lions one, although I preferred the lions one)
The Mysterious Cities of Gold
almost any Warner Bros. cartoon - Looney Tunes, Roadrunner, Porky Pig Show, Bugs Bunny etc.
Spiderman
Inspector Gadget (the original)
The Smurfs
Scooby Doo
Bananaman
Danger Mouse
Jem
Plastic Man
Snorks
Ulysses 31
The SuperFriends (http://members.aol.com/Polecattt/SuperFriends.html and http://fantasia.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Doug/superhtml/)

Other shows:
Dr. Who (I'm currently enjoying watching repeats of this one!)
The Goodies (went to see them live on stage not long ago)
Monkey (I own most of this series on video, but stopped buying it when dvds came out - would love to own it on dvd instead)
The Littlest Hobo
You Can't Do That On Television (yes, JS, we had that here too lol)
Degrassi Junior High (and then Degrassi High)
Pressgang
CHiPs
The Dukes of Hazzard
Punky Brewster
Mork and Mindy
Fraggle Rock
Muppet Show
Incredible Hulk
Bionic Woman
Diff'rent Strokes
Quark
Happy Days
Wonder Woman
Scarecrow and Mrs. King
A-Team
Knight Rider
Greatest American Hero
Beauty and the Beast (my mum named our little brother after the 'beast' in this show)

I'm sure there are heaps more I used to watch, but I can't remember their names off the top of my head (and we'd start getting into shows I loved as a teenager, which is an even longer list, although some of those above cross over into that already). These sites are great references for anyone who was a kid in the 80s -
http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/index.html
http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s_shows.htm

*edit* I forgot Roger Ramjet! My favourite lines:
(one of the Eagles) "Does your heard hurt where the tree hit you, Roger?"

(Ramjet) "Only when I look out of it with my eyes." :biglaugh:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I'm with Maesi... anything that was on the Nickelodeon of the early and mid nineties was awesome.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
I've thought of some more...

Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em
Bonanza
East Enders
The Kenny Everitt Video Show

I know there are more UK shows I watched as a kid, they're coming back to me slowly...sad thing is, I'm struggling to remember any Aussie shows. :eek:

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Majikthise said:
Goodies!!.... Goody, goody yum yum.:D :biglaugh:
*sigh* The Goodies were so much more than that one line...but at least you got the line right - some can't even do that. :rolleyes:

ayani

jamaesi said:
Anything that was on Nick!
man, cartoons on Nickelodeon used to be so cool and adult. lots of humor that went right over kids' heads. my dad would sit there and watch Rocko with us and laugh his butt off, and then refuse to tell us what was so funny.

M

Majikthise

In Johnny Quest, Race would actually shoot and kill enemy soldiers.I think I also remember him lighting up a cigarette once in a while.And don't even mention the Hindu stereotype of Hadji. This stuff would never fly today.Check out the Venture Brothers on Adult Swim sometime. It's an over the top version of Johnny Quest,very funny.Race Bannon is even in one episode! The best thing is Races alter ego who is constantly smoking and drives a 69 dodge charger.He usually gets laid too.:biglaugh:

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
Grape Ape
HR Puff-n-stuff
Wonder Twins (activate)
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeanie
I watched Star Trek, This Old House, Saturday Night Live and Benny Hill with my Dad.