• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite religious picture of Jesus

Nanda

Polyanna
Jesus_Baptism2.jpg

I like this picture although it doesn't really look the way Jesus really looked.

He may not actually look like Jesus, but he's a dead ringer for Papersock.

lunamoth

Will to love
* tries to hold back posting finger* must....not....post....must....not....post.... *beads of sweat break out on forehead* must.....not.....

Here are some frubals to boost your resistance powers, silly.

Don't give in to the dark side Quag (oh wait! I heard they have cookies!, hmmmm).

lunamoth

Will to love
Here are some frubals to boost your resistance powers, silly.

Don't give in to the dark side Quag (oh wait! I heard they have cookies!, hmmmm).

Yikes! the System *curse you System!* will not let me frubal you!

Quick, someone intervene and frubal Quag!

You do NOT want to see this picture!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Yikes! the System *curse you System!* will not let me frubal you!

Quick, someone intervene and frubal Quag!

You do NOT want to see this picture!

Will....fading....
....inappropriate....posting....compulsion....taking over....

lunamoth

Will to love
Will....fading....
....inappropriate....posting....compulsion....taking over....

This is extortion, or treason, or somethng like that!

He's holding this thread hostage for frubals!

If you must post, post a link and not an image, so no one has to be assaulted as they innocently peruse this thread. Please, for the love of God!

BruceDLimber

I must say I find the comment that some painting doesn't really look like Jesus to be humorous (to say the least) given that NOBODY KNOWS what Jesus looked like!

But at least there's a lot of hot air around that maybe somebody can put to good use. . . .

Bruce

Sonic247

17184xo.jpg
Although probably none of these really look like him. If we did have an accarate picture people would probably worship it as an idol.

summia

Scriptural reader
Plz visit the article about....

THE MASS INSULTS JESUS CHRIST

The Roman Catholic Church touts the Mass as a precious ceremony, but the truth is far different. In fact, the Bible says no one can even be saved while practicing Mass!

releveant link is here....
http://cuttingedge.org/news/rc113.htm

And aslo in Bible....

PROHIBITION AGAINST IDOLATROUS IMAGES

Well what does the Bible say? Chapter 20 verse 4,
“You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below” (Ex 20:4).

In Islam also.......

According to the Quran, idolatry (Arabic: shirk) is one of the most serious sins. It is the only sin that cannot be forgiven by God[Qur'an 4:48]. In some theological schools within Islam (e.g. wahhabism), the creation of imagery itself as well as its worship would amount to idolatry or mocking God's creations.

Sonic247

I was reading a quote by Charle Spurgeon in the Baptist forum and he remarked on the cistene chapel (or whatever that picture is where God is an old man pointing his finger) he considered it blasphemous, he pointed out the Bible says we are not supposed to make an image of God like man or beast.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
:) I only meant (when I said the picture didn't really look like Jesus) is that He was from the middle east and would have looked like such. :) I guess I should be happy that someone was able to gather humor from it.

Do you have a favorite picture of Jesus Christ? If so, post it!

I have one but its not online. I got it on a card from my confirmation when i was a christian.

Basically it was about the parable of the fish and loaves.

Quite nice - even though now im not a christian. Im not a big appreciater of art either.

Maybe i'll scan it at some point :)

James the Persian

Dreptcredincios Crestin
I was reading a quote by Charle Spurgeon in the Baptist forum and he remarked on the cistene chapel (or whatever that picture is where God is an old man pointing his finger) he considered it blasphemous, he pointed out the Bible says we are not supposed to make an image of God like man or beast.

It's forbidden for us, too. We can make an icon of Christ for He was Incarnate as man, and we can make icons where the Holy Spirit is shown as a dove or tongues of flame, as described in the Bible, but it is completely uncanonical to depict the Father in iconography. It is possible to see an old man depiction in a conical icon but thenm it is of Christ as the Ancient of Days. You can tell that because the halo will contain a cross - if it doesn't then the icon is non-canonical (and such certainly exist).

James