• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite instrument sound...

illykitty

RF's pet cat
More love for Japanese instruments! Wagakki Band (和楽器バンド) combines traditional Japanese instruments (and sometimes some traditional singing methods) to modern music...

Reason why this one is short is because it's the "TV" version, which was the opening of an anime.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
As a musician/composer of both neo-classical and "black metal" music trained on both piano and guitar I love the sound of most instruments, but my personal favorites would be the piano and acoustic, crunchy distortion guitar. This song has many of my favorite instrumental sounds including the human voice;

Last edited:

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Personally I mostly play acoustic guitar, but also electric... so I have my bias for guitar... but...

I like Carnatic music... a close approximation was when the Velvet Underground used an ELECTRIC violin. The electric violin is one of my fav instruments. But just as amazing is an electric mandolin and then an electric sarod (type of instrument, more modern than sitar, from India).

My favorite? The snake charmer's shenai. But of course, there is another instrument - the human voice. From the beginning, the voice was to let you know the tiger is in the brush. But then, before that, during that, and after that, the human voice is a salesman (or woman). It is to try and get your attention, and then sell you something. It does not have to be a fake rolex. Many things, the human voice is to sell you. It has always been. And will be.

There is nothing more powerful than the human voice. The first revolution of The Voice was the snake charmer. The little drom with the little tat tat drum. The shenai was a reed talking. It comes after the voice. But then something came. Then came AM radio.

In this video, you will never hear the shenai. But that is ok. You will hear the human voice. From a long time ago. And then when we go to the planet 6th star to the East of Jupiter, with our dogs, there will be an alley and there will be the snake charmer again. He will be trying to sell you something. It isn't a toy or an apple. It is a little bit of your own time. You will pay to hear. The voice is from a long time ago, and into the future, and it is also an instrument of the strangest of music.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

The hurdy-gurdy is one such, but the mellotron might tie (As in King Crimson, etc.). Blowzabella has to be my all-time favourite band. Shame I have never seen them live. :cool: :D :cool:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Hello guys!

No sure about you, but some instruments sounds specially catching to me and are best for specific moods.

One of my favorites is the Oud, a string instrument used widely in the Middle East.

oud2.jpg

Being a Middle Eastern my self, and calm person preferring slow, gloomy and sad music, this instrument is spot on.

Here are some samples for it:

This one has two segments with a little pause in between, to not miss the second:

This one's from a known music (try to figure it out):

And this one's generic from some flash game:

It is my no.1 favorite.

Do you have any of those?
I like the moodiness of the cello.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Native flute is another instrument as well as the spoon. I think it's because it can bring back to life of whatever music may have been played in the past.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the cello....
check out ...The Mule....by Deep Purple

yeah, I know it's dated.....and you have to listen to rock and roll to get to the solo

HEY GUYS......my bad

that would be..... Fools.....by Deep Purple