• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite instrument sound...

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hello guys!

No sure about you, but some instruments sounds specially catching to me and are best for specific moods.

One of my favorites is the Oud, a string instrument used widely in the Middle East.

oud2.jpg

Being a Middle Eastern my self, and calm person preferring slow, gloomy and sad music, this instrument is spot on.

Here are some samples for it:

This one has two segments with a little pause in between, to not miss the second:

This one's from a known music (try to figure it out):

And this one's generic from some flash game:

It is my no.1 favorite.

Do you have any of those?

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
A beast indeed! I mean, look at the size of it!

Too sharp for my taste (I prefer deep sound), but it does give me that special mood too.

I like deep sounds too. There is a "bass" version called a surbahar. Ravi Shankar's first wife was a maestra of it. The sitar actually makes sounds from that twanging ringing sound to droning. Very mesmerizing. Believe it or not, almost all stringed instruments (including guitars) ranging from the Middle East to the Near East to South Asia are based on an ancient lute-like instrument. Like languages, they diverged and developed differently.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Hello guys!

No sure about you, but some instruments sounds specially catching to me and are best for specific moods.

One of my favorites is the Oud, a string instrument used widely in the Middle East.

oud2.jpg

Being a Middle Eastern my self, and calm person preferring slow, gloomy and sad music, this instruments is spot on.

Here are some samples for it:

This one has two segments with a little pause in between, to not miss the second:

This one's from a known music (try to figure it out):

And this one's generic from some flash game:

This is my no.1 favorite.

Do you have any of those?
@David1967 this instrument that told you before that my father play on it with his friend,when he was in Saudi Arabia :)

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Oh gosh, I love so many instruments, including the Oud! Maybe it's because I'm terrible at playing anything, I admire people who can play these so easily. I can't just pick ONE!

I love the Shamisen (the lutes), along with other Japanese traditional instruments...

And I love a well played cello... Or the harp too, can sound so lovely... And while I'm at it, I just love to go to orchestras (went to Distant Worlds music from Final Fantasy twice and looking forward to Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses)! I agree with @Laika that a full string group going at it is amazing.

Shimi

Lupus Ovis Pelle Indutus
Ohhh yes! Now there are many instruments that fascinate me and sound extremely beautiful but this.. just has to be one of my favorites. :p

Thief

Rogue Theologian
the cello....
check out ...The Mule....by Deep Purple

yeah, I know it's dated.....and you have to listen to rock and roll to get to the solo

MissAlice

I have so many favorite instruments. I play both the violin and piano (I'm not all good but love the sound and the way in which you can control them). But there is one instrument that I can never get enough of, the sitar and the artist Ravi Shankar.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
The organ, by far. It just has this hauntingly Celestial yet epic Infernal feel to it, and always feels incredibly spiritual.

Last edited by a moderator:

VioletVortex

My favorite instrument sound is the sound of a heavily distorted guitar. Especially the tone used in black metal. It's very pleasant to me on many different levels. I like the brutality and aggression of the tone. It also is quite calming to me, I like the full buzzing sound. Finally, it is very atmospheric.