• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fallout

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Nope. I despise spamazon so unless it gets released on disc and heads to my public library I'll never be watching it. Just as well, as while I was once about the most devoted fan of BGS one could find, what they've done over the past few years has pretty much shattered that, unfortunately. I still haven't bought their latest game, and in the past I didn't bother buying a new gaming console until there was a new BGS title out. War may never change, but BGS and their business model sure does and not for the better. :pensive:

Yerda

Veteran Member
Nope. I despise spamazon so unless it gets released on disc and heads to my public library I'll never be watching it.
Amazon is a nightmare. Some may recommend watching some sort of illegal stream or torrent but I couldn't possibly comment.

Just as well, as while I was once about the most devoted fan of BGS one could find, what they've done over the past few years has pretty much shattered that, unfortunately. I still haven't bought their latest game, and in the past I didn't bother buying a new gaming console until there was a new BGS title out. War may never change, but BGS and their business model sure does and not for the better. :pensive:
I don't know anything about their business model, I'm afraid. I've never been an avid enough gamer to develop a connection to developers/publishers.

I've heard the telly series is faithful to the source but I've only ever played a couple of hours of New Vegas from the games.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I've heard the telly series is faithful to the source but I've only ever played a couple of hours of New Vegas from the games.
Yes, it's supposed to be. I've watched fan-made Fallout videos and some of them have been pretty good. There are ways and means for me to be able to watch it - it's not like I don't know folks who have no qualms about supporting spamazon. Would still rather wait for disc release and check it out from the PL but a lot of streaming stuff never comes to disc anymore. It's annoying. :sweatsmile:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I binge watched all the available episodes.

I like it and I'm looking forward to upcoming episodes.

I found it funny, original, fast paced, and visually appealing.

Definitely a new spin on the apocalyptic genre. Has an almost Douglas Adams tone to it at times.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I watched episode 1. As one who has played both 3 and 4, I thought it was okay. Nothing to write home about.

I personally found Fallout for Pimps on YouTube more entertaining.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I've finished it once and thought it was good

You have the option of crucifying a guy who shot you and left you for dead at the start of the game!

Could never get into 1 and 2 though

NV is probably my favorite fallout title, which is funny because it's not even a Bethesda game as it was done by Obsidian.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Anyone watched it?

Bonkers. Loads of funny bits and violence.

I haven't seen the show, and I would certainly like to at some point as it seems good from the clips and reviews I've encountered, but as others have stated I'm not paying Amazon to watch it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Nope. I despise spamazon so unless it gets released on disc and heads to my public library I'll never be watching it. Just as well, as while I was once about the most devoted fan of BGS one could find, what they've done over the past few years has pretty much shattered that, unfortunately. I still haven't bought their latest game, and in the past I didn't bother buying a new gaming console until there was a new BGS title out. War may never change, but BGS and their business model sure does and not for the better. :pensive:

BGS started losing me after the Microsoft acquisition and the 13th iteration of Skyrim.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Wow, only that recently? The blatantly predatory monetization in Elder Scams Online and Fallout Seventy-Craps didn't bother you? Interesting.

I guess I never bought into the hype of online gaming as a whole, so I saw those as irrelevant and not really part of the "company", likening them to their single player titles only..... I have yet to play an MMORPG.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Anyone watched it?

Bonkers. Loads of funny bits and violence.

So to avoid paying Amazon, I signed up for a free trial of prime so I can watch the show. Now that I have seen it, I'm cancelling prime.

It was a pretty wild ride. Got my wife who knows nothing about Fallout to watch it with me, she found it entertaining as well. I loved the fact that the set pieces and props are almost all pulled straight out of the games.

And the teaser for season two. Ugh. Gotta find another way to finagle a free trial out of Amazon again when it drops.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That's our Quintessence! :joycat: