• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in permanent death

idav

Being
Premium Member
It eventually boils down to the same question. How a boundariless consciousness is able to move electrons?

It is now only that science knows of wave nature and probabilities. But sages of yore taught for long that matter was emptiness.:D
I never said it was boundless, that is more on your assumptions. Consciousness IS the moving electrons. If they weren't moving we wouldn't be alive to take notice.

"Matter is emptiness" sounds right just like I said. "One and the same".

idav

Being
Premium Member
In deep sleep the mind has gone into homogeneous consciousness. In dream, the mind becomes subtle light and dark spiritual beings and objects. In waking, the mind further separates into the gross and subtle beings and objects.
The brain doesn't start working on different energy sources when we are asleep. It is still the same mechanics.

atanu

Premium Member
The brain doesn't start working on different energy sources when we are asleep. It is still the same mechanics.

That is big claim IDAV and is a result of heavy conditioning. Try saying this in a dream or while in deep sleep.

I will explain a bit. A piece of ice can be measured geometrically. Those measurements are meaningless for liquid water or for steam. All these are states of H2O though.

The brain is an observed instrument of waking state. When you make an observation from your waking state on a dreaming or sleeping man, it becomes another waking state observation and that actually superimposes the waking state on the dream or sleeping states.

This world as we see is the result of many such superimposition. To realise the primeval nature of mind-self, devoid of any superimposition, one needs to discard the noises from mind-senses. But we are actually doing the reverse.

You can do all sorts of experiments from waking state to understand the dream and sleep and earn many PhDs, but those studies are useless for understanding the nature of Self. To realise the pristine nature of self, meditation is the tool -- if that is one's goal.

Kindly give some time to this.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I will explain a bit. A piece of ice can be measured geometrically. Those measurements are meaningless for liquid water or for steam. All these are states of H2O though. .
But from those calculations, the mass of ice can be calculated, and that mass will not change.

IMO, it is far more likely that my brain is inaccurate than there are 3 different realities to work out. Your explanation of "self" requires three radically different "states" (at least, that's what I think you mean by "waking, dreaming and deep sleep") of what is, whereas mine requires one.

Last edited:

atanu

Premium Member
But from those calculations, the mass of ice can be calculated, and that mass will not change.

Surely. Through the states of waking, dreaming, and sleeping, the Seer does not change.

IMO, it is far more likely that my brain is inaccurate than there are 3 different realities to work out. Your explanation of "self" requires three radically different "states" (at least, that's what I think you mean by "waking, dreaming and deep sleep") of what is, whereas mine requires one.

See above.