• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
He knows your heart, far better than me. Though I think by your words, even I can work out your heart. Hence the reason your mind is closed. So I would say he's pretty good at it really :)
Reduced to bold empty claims already?

No worries, you lost your credibility a long time ago.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Nope. I do not believe it. I am an atheist, you know.

But you believe in something that has exactly the same evidence.

And that, is silly, I am afraid.

Ciao

- viole
The proof is within, the evidence is the conviction of the person.

There is plenty of evidence that then backs it up. Two thirds of the world for one. Of the third that is left, it is only a small percentage daft enough to say that there is no God. Stupid position really when you can't prove it. .. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

What you have is spiritual blindness...sorry, that is the way it is. Most people who understand arguments are seen as being right and not wrong, as in the case with this one.

Robert.Evans

Reduced to bold empty claims already?

No worries, you lost your credibility a long time ago.
You have nothing to say as normal, hence the personal attack ... haha. Stick with your luck and magic making your processes .... and then call it natural, but not a god.

McBell

You have nothing to say as normal, hence the personal attack ... haha. Stick with your luck and magic making your processes .... and then call it natural, but not a god.
to be blunt and to the point, it is on you to show your deity exists.

And no, attacking your "luck and magic" strawman does nothing to show your deity exists.

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
It seems as if Adam and Eve did not carry any magnets with them. God's proximity does not seem to have repelled a lot. I mean, He was just behind the corner and the only two human exemplars who could possibly sin, did in fact sin.

100% failure rate.

That does not bode well for the several millions that will be promoted to Heaven, allegedely.

Ciao

- viole

I am not sure what point you are making here. If you are saying that Adam and Eve dwelt in the presence God and they were sinners then you would be wrong. When Adam and Eve were initially in the Garden of Eden they were in a state of perfection, as was everything that existed in the garden, and they walked and talked with God in their perfection. When they sinned, and the fall took place rendering them mortal and imperfect, God no longer appeared before them, they only heard his voice. God cannot dwell in the presence of inperfection and man would whither and die in His presence.

Robert.Evans

It is not. It is up to you to have a good heart, for that is what he sees. You beef is not with me, but him... hence the reason your here arguing in the first place.
And no, attacking your "luck and magic" strawman does nothing to show your deity exists.
Your luck and magic (unless it is that you just stick a paper bag over your head and your fingers in your ears) is all you have. If it is not intelligence, then show it is luck. Show how luck and chaos can begin to have order. Show how that has nothing related to it that has intelligence. Show how such complex processes and order can come about..... or shall I pass you a paper bag.. haha (ooh it's dark in here.... scary)

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
The proof is within, the evidence is the conviction of the person.

That is not evidence. I know people who are convinced that Jediism is true because they can feel the Force. Now what?

There is plenty of evidence that then backs it up. Two thirds of the world for one.

If you mean Christianity, it is actually one third of the world. And I am sure Christianity also started small. So, pastafarians can use the same argument.

Of the third that is left, it is only a small percentage daft enough to say that there is no God. Stupid position really when you can't prove it. .. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

There was a time when only few thought that the world consisted of indivisible atoms. They could not prove it either. Does that entail that they were stupid? Actually, even more stupid, by making a positive claim?

What you have is spiritual blindness...sorry, that is the way it is. Most people who understand arguments are seen as being right and not wrong, as in the case with this one.

Well, my pastafarian and jediist friends (there are some in North Europe) make the same accusation. I do not see their truth, because of my blindness.

But that is not the point. You are not blind. They are not blind. What evidence do you propose to show me that your position is more rational than theirs?

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I am not sure what point you are making here. If you are saying that Adam and Eve dwelt in the presence God and they were sinners then you would be wrong. When Adam and Eve were initially in the Garden of Eden they were in a state of perfection, as was everything that existed in the garden, and they walked and talked with God in their perfection. When they sinned, and the fall took place rendering them mortal and imperfect, God no longer appeared before them, they only heard his voice. God cannot dwell in the presence of inperfection and man would whither and die in His presence.

Are you implying that something which is perfect, can turn into being imperfect?

Well, my old car was perfect too before becoming imperfect, then.

Ciao

- viole

Robert.Evans

That is not evidence.
It is, you just refuse to accept it.
I know people who are convinced that Jediism is true because they can feel the Force. Now what?
It is true to them. So what?
If you mean Christianity, it is actually one third of the world. And I am sure Christianity also started small. So, pastafarians can use the same argument.
Two thirds believe, one third does not
There was a time when only few thought that the world consisted of indivisible atoms. They could not prove it either. Does that entail that they were stupid? Actually, even more stupid, by making a positive claim?
But now you are giving an argument for God... haha

Well, my pastafarian and jediist friends (there are some in North Europe) make the same accusation. I do not see their truth, because of my blindness.

Bit that is not the point. You are not blind. They are not blind. What evidence do you propose to show me that your position is more rational than theirs?

Ciao

- viole
I do not know what they believe. Care to tell me, in short?

Serenity7855

The onus is only on him if he has made a claim, as of yet, I see no claims, other the the claims that God is a mindless superstition.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Two thirds believe, one third does not.

But in your previous post you wrote that only a minority of this one third does not believe in a God. And now you tell me that the whole one third doesn't.

You seem confused. Despite un untrammeled spiritual vision, lol.

The rest later. Must run.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

Serenity7855

Are you implying that something which is perfect, can turn into being imperfect?

Yes, have you read the bible or considered the Plan of Redemption. I am sorry, however, to pose such a question indicates a serious lack of knowledge about the subject matter that you are here debating.

Well, my old car was perfect too before becoming imperfect, then.

Your car is not a living organism with a spirit.

Serenity7855

But in your previous post you wrote that only a minority of this one third does not believe in a God. And now you tell me that the whole one third doesn't.

Ciao

- viole

May I suggest that you read up on the subject matter before continuing. What Robert is saying is perfectly accurate and correct. A third of the host of heaven was expelled from heaven because they wanted the plan that Satan put forward to be actioned. All of them disagreed with the. Plan of Redemption. Those spirit now dwell on earth tempting and influence us to do evil.

McBell

It is not.
Yes it is.
Your denial is most comical though.

You beef is not with me, but him... hence the reason your here arguing in the first place.
I am only "arguing" with you because I am bored and I cannot wait to see what your net line of bull **** will be.

Your luck and magic (unless it is that you just stick a paper bag over your head and your fingers in your ears) is all you have.
Perhaps in your fantasy land.
Here in the real world it works differently.
you should stop by sometime, I can show you around.

If it is not intelligence, then show it is luck.
False dichotomy

Show how luck and chaos can begin to have order Show how that has nothing related to it that has intelligence. Show how such complex processes and order can come about..... or shall I pass you a paper bag.. haha (ooh it's dark in here.... scary)
Since you are the only one I have seen making that claim, it is on you, not me.

Robert.Evans

Ciao

- viole
Have I do dot ever 'I' and croos every 'T' for you? The third is agnostica and atheist together. One does not know, but still does not believe... theya re reasonably wise. The small percentage is atheist. They think they know but do not. They are the ones who do not believe.
Spiritual discernment still works through man It does not mean that we weill get it all right. No one said we would :) (be careful you don't run into anything haha)

Robert.Evans

May I suggest that you read up on the subject matter before continuing. What Robert is saying is perfectly accurate and correct. A third of the host of heaven was expelled from heaven because they wanted the plan that Satan put forward to be actioned. All of them disagreed with the. Plan of Redemption. Those spirit now dwell on earth tempting and influence us to do evil.
Put far better than I, me thinks :)

Robert.Evans

Yes it is.
Your denial is most comical though.

I am only "arguing" with you because I am bored and I cannot wait to see what your net line of bull **** will be.

Perhaps in your fantasy land.
Here in the real world it works differently.
you should stop by sometime, I can show you around.

False dichotomy

Since you are the only one I have seen making that claim, it is on you, not me.
No answer then. No discussion.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I cannot prove it so I have been careful not to make any claims. I am asking you, if you are a disbeliever, to show where you cannot see why Christians believe in the Plan of Redemption. What do you see that is so fantastically rediculous that it causes you all to object to the belief of Christians when they believe in a perfectly logical and rational ethos

Whether I can understand why they might wish for such a thing is irrelevant. I can see why people might wish for leprechauns to lead them to a pot of gold. Those wishes are unrealistic though, based on nothing demonstrable and supported by no objective evidence. Just because you want something doesn't mean it's real. Wishing for some imaginary friend in the sky to come save you from some imaginary evil and take you away to an imaginary fantasy land where you'll be happy forever just isn't a realistic expectation. All the wishing in the world won't make it so.

Robert.Evans

Whether I can understand why they might wish for such a thing is irrelevant. I can see why people might wish for leprechauns to lead them to a pot of gold.
I don't know if people actually do, so they
Those wishes are unrealistic though, based on nothing demonstrable and supported by no objective evidence. Just because you want something doesn't mean it's real.
including everything coming about through luck
Wishing for some imaginary friend in the sky
Only atheists can come up with something as ludicrous as that... haha
to come save you from some imaginary evil
evil is seen everywhere .. duh
and take you away to an imaginary fantasy land where you'll be happy forever just isn't a realistic expectation. All the wishing in the world won't make it so.
It is as realistic as energy turning into everything we see with all its complexities. All the wishing in the world will not make this universe exist without intelligence involved.
Luck and chance is not a good answer