• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in Christ is Completely Logical

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your emotional response aside, since it is entirely irrelevant, all you are doing is making pronouncements, not observations. You wish you had something better, you have no actual knowledge that such a thing actually exists. Wishful thinking is nothing to be proud of.
I have no physical evidence. That is correct.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
There is a Information based on facts that can be proved through analysis, measurement, observation, and other such means of research.
Read more: What is objective evidence? definition and meaning

Tell me how any of that can be done to spirit.

If it can't be done, tell us how you came to the conclusion that spirit actually exists without relying on blind faith, which is entirely unimpressive. If that's all you've got, then we cannot have a rational, intellectual discussion with you on the subject.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it can't be done, tell us how you came to the conclusion that spirit actually exists without relying on blind faith, which is entirely unimpressive. If that's all you've got, then we cannot have a rational, intellectual discussion with you on the subject.
You're right! So why try?

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Why do you turn every debate into a debate about the existence of deities?

I'm still waiting for objective evidence for a claim you made earlier. Remember?

Because that's the basic question here. Everything else in religion relies on that basic assumption. Without demonstrating the existence of gods, there's no reason to go further and discuss the religions that rely on it.

And no, I don't recall, please remind me.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Because that's the basic question here. Everything else in religion relies on that basic assumption. Without demonstrating the existence of gods, there's no reason to go further and discuss the religions that rely on it.
IYO. The rest of us are just fine discussing religious questions

And no, I don't recall, please remind me.
About how the people most terrified of death are the ones who believe in afterlife.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
You're right! So why try?

Well, it is pretty sad that you believe something for which you have no good, credible reason to think it's true and seem pretty proud of yourself for doing it. It's something you ought to be embarrassed by, at least in my opinion.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
IYO. The rest of us are just fine discussing religious questions

Except for the ones that actually matter.

About how the people most terrified of death are the ones who believe in afterlife.

If you don't fear death, there's no reason whatsoever to believe in an afterlife. If you accept that death is a natural part of the life cycle, that everything and everyone that is alive will eventually die and you're fine with that, what's the point of believing that life will go on forever?

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Except for the ones that actually matter.
Newsflash: what matters to YOU is not necessarily what matters to other people

If you don't fear death, there's no reason whatsoever to believe in an afterlife. If you accept that death is a natural part of the life cycle, that everything and everyone that is alive will eventually die and you're fine with that, what's the point of believing that life will go on forever?
Nice dodge. And nonsense. Probably time to put you on ignore.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Jesus answered this himself in response to Nicodemus asking the same question. He said do not marvel at this, you can't see the wind yet you know it exists because of it's effects. If no material explanation exists for a event. A miracle actually instantly relegates natural explanations to futility. If I see Westminster Abby levitate and land over in Jerusalem at the instant a prayer was made for that event to occur I am not going to find an explanation for that in natural law. I am instantly validated in having faith that it is an event that has an explanation which does not lie in natural law or materialistic explanation and conclude it is not material and non-natural. IOW I can rationally have faith in a spiritual explanation from the effects of events that defy natural explanation.

1robin

Christian/Baptist
Well, it is pretty sad that you believe something for which you have no good, credible reason to think it's true and seem pretty proud of yourself for doing it. It's something you ought to be embarrassed by, at least in my opinion.
3/4 of the world population finds enough reason to believe that even something so fantastic as the supernatural exists.

1. It is absurd and arrogant enough to believe every single one of tens of billions are all wrong without the slightest fraction of the evidence necessary to conclude that responsibly.
2. It is hyperbolically absurd to claim they do so without any evidence.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
3/4 of the world population finds enough reason to believe that even something so fantastic as the supernatural exists.
Appeal to popularity

1. It is absurd and arrogant enough to believe every single one of tens of billions are all wrong without the slightest fraction of the evidence necessary to conclude that responsibly.
personal opinion
One wonders why those tens of billions are still unable to convince someone who is not already inclined to believe?

Oh the irony

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
Jesus answered this himself in response to Nicodemus asking the same question. He said do not marvel at this, you can't see the wind yet you know it exists because of it's effects. If no material explanation exists for a event. A miracle actually instantly relegates natural explanations to futility. If I see Westminster Abby levitate and land over in Jerusalem at the instant a prayer was made for that event to occur I am not going to find an explanation for that in natural law. I am instantly validated in having faith that it is an event that has an explanation which does not lie in natural law or materialistic explanation and conclude it is not material and non-natural. IOW I can rationally have faith in a spiritual explanation from the effects of events that defy natural explanation.

You're right, if that happens. When has that happened? It hasn't. Most people's "miracles" are finding their car keys and attributing that to supernatural intervention. You just don't see these grand, unquestionable displays. If it happened, I'd have a hard time disagreeing with you that the physical laws as we know them had been violated. Let me know when something like that actually happens.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational

There was a time when most people believed the Earth was flat. They were all wrong. There was a time when most people believed the whole universe revolved around the Earth. They were all wrong. Argumentum ad populum is nothing to be proud of.