• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the passing of Abdul'baha, a new video has been released on His life.

It was a life of example of unity and peace.

If you choose to watch, it is just over 55 minutes and I hope you enjoy.

Regards Tony

Laika

Premium Member
In commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the passing of Abdul'baha, a new video has been released on His life.

It was a life of example of unity and peace.

If you choose to watch, it is just over 55 minutes and I hope you enjoy.

Regards Tony

Just started watching and I'm enjoying the first few minutes so far. Thanks for Sharing. :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Very few people will have the patience to watch a 55 minutes video. If it is anything interesting, 5 minutes is perhaps the limit.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was unfamiliar with the name. For those who want to know who this is and his relevance in the history of Baha'i, here is a synopsis from ‘Abdu’l-Bahá | What Bahá’ís Believe

‘ABDU’L‑BAHÁ THE PERFECT EXEMPLAR

In the early years of the 20th century, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá—the eldest Son of Bahá’u’lláh—was the Bahá’í Faith’s leading exponent, renowned as a champion of social justice and an ambassador for international peace.

Upholding unity as the fundamental principle of His teachings, Bahá’u’lláh established the necessary safeguard to ensure that His religion would never suffer the same fate as others that split into sects after the deaths of their Founders. In His Writings, He instructed all to turn to His eldest Son, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, not only as the authorized interpreter of the Bahá’í Writings but also as the perfect exemplar of the Faith’s spirit and teachings.

Following Bahá’u’lláh’s passing, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá’s extraordinary qualities of character, His knowledge and His service to humanity offered a vivid demonstration of Bahá’u’lláh’s teachings in action, and brought great prestige to the rapidly expanding community throughout the world.

‘Abdu’l-Bahá devoted His ministry to furthering His Father’s Faith and to promoting the ideals of peace and unity. He encouraged the establishment of local Bahá’í institutions, and guided nascent educational, social and economic initiatives. After His release from a lifetime of imprisonment, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá set out on a series of journeys which took Him to Egypt, Europe and North America. Throughout His life, He presented with brilliant simplicity, to high and low alike, Bahá’u’lláh’s prescription for the spiritual and social renewal of society.

upload_2021-11-19_7-37-10.jpeg
abdulbaha-sidefloat.jpg

‘Abdu’l-Bahá (1844-1921)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
After His release from a lifetime of imprisonment, ‘Abdu’l-Bahá set out on a series of journeys which took Him to Egypt, Europe and North America.
Where did you get that from?

Baháʼu'lláh and his family .. arrived in Acre on 31 August (1868) and were confined in the barracks of the city's citadel. .. The first years in Acre imposed very harsh conditions with many becoming sick, and eventually three Baháʼís dying. Dr. Thomas Chaplin, director of a British Hospital in Jerusalem visited Baháʼu'lláh in April 1871 and sent a letter to the editor printed in The Times in October. .. After some time, relations between the prisoners and officials and the local community improved, so that the conditions of the imprisonment were eased and eventually, after the Sultan's death, Baháʼu'lláh was allowed to leave the city and visit nearby places (1877).
Baháʼu'lláh - Wikipedia

Now, is less than 4 years of some difficult time and 9 years of internment a lifetime of imprisonment? He was there with his whole family and followers. Three Bahai deaths in 9 years do not prove that they were ill-treated. They may have died due to natural causes.

220px-AkkaPrison.jpg
The Barracks at Acre

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I was unfamiliar with the name. For those who want to know who this is and his relevance in the history of Baha'i, here is a synopsis from ‘Abdu’l-Bahá | What Bahá’ís Believe

Thankyou for posting this summary.

After watching the video and having read of Abdul'baha visits to America and other places, I see the movie, though it does give a brief history, is aimed more at sharing what it is to be the Exemplar for humanity.

I see it it is more about building a life based on Love, Unity and service to each other.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Now, is less than 4 years of some difficult time and 9 years of internment a lifetime of imprisonment? He was there with his whole family and followers. Three Bahai deaths in 9 years do not prove that they were ill-treated. They may have died due to natural causes.

There is a lot available on this.

It is a shared resource to those that may be interested in viewing such a resource. The news is that it is the 100th Anniversary of the passing of Abdul'baha, who's life is a great example of service to humanity.

This is a historical fact, Abdul'baha was respected and admired even by the enemies that had vanquished him at the age of 9.

Baha'u'llah died a prisoner, his sentence has never been removed. The young Turks released Abdul'baha, but it was after a lifetime of persecution and imprisonment.

It is a tribute to the Character of Abdul'baha that your comments support. One can consider how and why a prisoner was allowed to carry on the duties of faith, while still being under the strictest orders of imprisonment.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Baha'u'llah died a prisoner, his sentence has never been removed. The young Turks released Abdul'baha, but it was after a lifetime of persecution and imprisonment.
Only technically. He was not put to any torture in the first 4 years and later he could even move around the city. After 9 years even remaining in the city was not necessary for him. He stayed in gorgeous mansions with his three wives and fourteen children. Whom are you trying to mislead? So what if there was no formal order abrogating his imprisonment?

"From 1877 until 1879 Baháʼu'lláh lived in the house of Mazra'ih."
"The final years of Baháʼu'lláh's life (1879–1892) were spent in the Mansion of Bahjí, just outside Acre, even though he was still formally a prisoner of the Ottoman Empire."
Baháʼu'lláh - Wikipedia

House at Mazarih, Mansion of Bahji,
250px-MazraihHouseRoses.jpg
200px-Bahji.jpg

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Only technically. He was not put to any torture in the first 4 years and later he could even move around the city. After 9 years even remaining in the city was not necessary for him. He stayed in gorgeous mansions with his three wives and fourteen children. Whom are you trying to fool? So what if there was no formal order abrogating his imprisonment?

"From 1877 until 1879 Baháʼu'lláh lived in the house of Mazra'ih."
"The final years of Baháʼu'lláh's life (1879–1892) were spent in the Mansion of Bahjí, just outside Acre, even though he was still formally a prisoner of the Ottoman Empire."
Baháʼu'lláh - Wikipedia

House at Mazarih, Mansion of Bahji,
250px-MazraihHouseRoses.jpg
200px-Bahji.jpg

This OP was about the Exemplar.

The life of Abdul'baha, how it is an example for us all.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Well, he may be such for you. For others like me, he was continuing the business started by his father, which he later handed over to his grandson. Family enterprise.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, he may be such for you. For others like me, he was continuing the business started by his father, which he later handed over to his grandson. Family enterprise.

A good person is a good person and needs not applause from either you or me.

The loss becomes our own.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A good way to understand what Abdul'baha offered as the Exemplar is........

"A treatise written by ‘Abdu’l‑Bahá in Persian in 1875, addressed to the rulers and people of Persia. It was printed in Bombay in 1882 and widely circulated in Iran. This English translation was first published in 1957.

The Secret of Divine Civilization | Bahá’í Reference Library

November the 27th is the date of the 100th Anniversary of the passing of Abdul'baha.

May all be well and happy, Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
This planet has had millions of exemplars, and that will continue.

All the best Vinayaka, thank you for your comment. Let's be thankful for all those that are true servants to all humanity.

The world would be a different place if all could be as Abdul'baha was, that was his purpose, to encourage all of us to be servants to all humanity and left his life as that example.

Abdul'baha asked no one to change faith, he just asked us to be the best we can, to be a servant to all.

I hope you are well and happy.

Regards Tony

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Then, why did Bahaollah wanted all humanity to gather under banner of his religion? Sorry, the slip shows. He just wanted to increase his clientele. Yeah, in business, you have to have brochures printed. Writing to rulers! Does it make any sense? How many rulers were impressed by the letters sent by Bahaollah or Abdul Baha? Or they were just thrown in waste-paper baskets?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Then, why did Bahaollah wanted all humanity to gather under banner of his religion? Sorry, the slip shows. He just wanted to increase his clientele. Yeah, in business, you have to have brochures printed. Writing to rulers! Does it make any sense? How many rulers were impressed by the letters sent by Bahaollah or Abdul Baha? Or they were just thrown in waste-paper baskets?
Most of them, I suspect.