• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolve

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, I’m talking about examples of fossils showing forms intermediate between two recognised types. Things like Archaeopteryx, which famously is ‘transitional’ between dinosaurs and birds.
All living beings, humans, animals, vegetation, are in perpetual transition. We have transited from our ancestors (perhaps they were not as tall as we are on an average) and are transiting to the future human race if not stopped by any kind of extinction. As they say, the only constant is change.

King Phenomenon

Yes.

It is apparent, depressingly, that you are just searching for something to give you an excuse to disbelieve evolution.

You are not telling the truth when you claim the uncertainty about which exact precursor led to H sapiens is the cause of your disbelief. You’ve only just found that out. You have a religious motive for disbelieving it and you want some kind of semi-scientific rationale to back that up.

The validity of the theory does not depend on having an exquisite chain of fossils all the way from one form to another. It depends on its power to predict what fossils to expect in future discoveries and at what geological age, what DNA relationships we should expect to see in current organisms, etc. The theory of evolution does that triumphantly in most cases. It is not called into question by some small gap or uncertainty, at one point, in the lineage of a single species. All that shows is that our data is still incomplete, not that the theory is wrong.
There's more than enough fossils for me to believe that Evolution is real. Perhaps I misspoke when I said it's hard for me to believe evolution because there's missing links. Irrregardless of any of that I still reject evolution. It's just a personal choice. I think God had other plans. I do like to learn about it however.

exchemist

Veteran Member
There's more than enough fossils for me to believe that Evolution is real. Perhaps I misspoke when I said it's hard for me to believe evolution because there's missing links. Irrregardless of any of that I still reject evolution. It's just a personal choice. I think God had other plans. I do like to learn about it however.
Well I hope you do learn, at least. Many creationists refuse to do that.

What mystifiés me is why creationists cannot accept the idea that God’s plan may be executed through the operation of the natural laws he has created. That seems far more satisfying to me than a God who has to keep tinkering with it , while leaving clues that mislead Mankind.

King Phenomenon

What mystifiés me is why creationists cannot accept the idea that God’s plan may be executed through the operation of the natural laws he has created. That seems far more satisfying to me than a God who has to keep tinkering with it , while leaving clues that mislead Mankind.
I really can't answer for others but maybe they think God has a sense of humor. Who knows.

King Phenomenon

I suppose one could say what mystifies them are people who cannot accept the idea of rejecting evolution. Having said that I'm sure there's people who have changed on both sides.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I suppose one could say what mystifies them are people who cannot accept the idea of rejecting evolution. Having said that I'm sure there's people who have changed on both sides.
Oh but that's no mystery at all. People reject evolution because they are stupid, or ignorant, or prejudiced, or some linear combination of the three. Everyone knows there are plenty of such people around.

The Anointed

Oh but that's no mystery at all. People reject evolution because they are stupid, or ignorant, or prejudiced, or some linear combination of the three. Everyone knows there are plenty of such people around.

Well I believe that the space station and all its complex and intricate ground support systems, evolved from the wheel, but I also believe that it, and all life forms evolved through intelligent design, as did that stupid, ignorant. and prejudiced Einstein, according to your statement..

King Phenomenon

It is a mystery to them and the reasons why they reject it is because of their wisdom, personal beliefs or their knowledge etc.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I really can't answer for others but maybe they think God has a sense of humor. Who knows.
God has a horrible sense of humor. First creates the world for no reason and then brings on them various pestilences, currently Coronavirus. 18,442,852 confirmed cases and 697,180 deaths. Also punishes most of them with eternal hell for being non-believers.

Out of the total current world population of 7.8 billion, the Christian God will punish 5.4 billion+ and the Islamic God will punish 5.9 billion+.
'+' means those Christians and Muslims who err from the word of God.

85kYNZQ.png

King Phenomenon

God has a horrible sense of humor. First creates the world for no reason and then brings on them various pestilences, currently Coronavirus. 18,442,852 confirmed cases and 697,180 deaths. Also punishes most of them with eternal hell for being non-believers.

Out of the total current world population of 7.8 billion, the Christian God will punish 5.4 billion+ and the Islamic God will punish 5.9 billion+.
'+' means those Christians and Muslims who err from the word of God.

85kYNZQ.png
Life isn't perfect. There is no hell.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There's more support for evolution than just fossils.

You can have personal choices or feelings, but you can't have personal facts. Evolution is a fact. It happens.

Yet despite consilient support from dozens of different disciplines, you choose to believe magic is a more reasonable explanation for diversity, and for the changes we continue to observe today, than the evolution that's so easy to observe and demonstrate.
Choosing to disbelieve in the best supported theory in science is obtuse in the extreme.

Watch evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in real time:

Last edited:

King Phenomenon

There's more support for evolution than just fossils.

You can have personal choices or feelings, but you can't have personal facts. Evolution is a fact. It happens.

Yet despite consilient support from dozens of different disciplines, you choose to believe magic is a more reasonable explanation for diversity, and for the changes we continue to observe today, than the evolution that's so easy to observe and demonstrate.
Choosing to disbelieve in the best supported theory in science is obtuse in the extreme.

Watch evolution of antibiotic resistant bacteria in real time:
The Lord is a fact for me not magic. That's what makes me me and you you.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well I believe that the space station and all its complex and intricate ground support systems, evolved from the wheel, but I also believe that it, and all life forms evolved through intelligent design, as did that stupid, ignorant. and prejudiced Einstein, according to your statement..
But the space station did not "evolve" in the sense used by biologists. Biological evolution is a result of reproduction with variation. Machines don't reproduce, nor are new machines developed from variations among their offspring. Each is created de novo.

Isn't intelligent design just magic poofing? I don't see any evidence for intentionality or magic.