• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVOLUTION, what a lie.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm glad we agree. :shrug:
so why are you still shoveling it?
Or perhaps you are trying to prove:
"There are far to many people who think dishing out so much BS that people drown in it is a worthy goal to be proud of and they cannot understand that it merely makes them the leading contender of the Darwin Awards."

Atheisttillprovenwrong

Lover of Science
Thief, you say god did it, I could just as equally say my cuddly toy did it.We have the same amount of evidence for both propositions: zero. The only difference is we do have evidence my cuddly toy exists.
word

this pretty much sums up the debate about religion

the problem with religion is that there is absolutely no proof, only people whos mentality of "im right no matter what anyone says" and use the excuse of "im right because i have faith and my religion tells me im right" as there only proof.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Try quoting what I posted.
Your post is a reflection of someone else's opinion.

Maybe if you spent a few hours researching my participation at the Forum, you might actually have a rebuttal?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Try quoting what I posted.
Your post is a reflection of someone else's opinion.

Maybe if you spent a few hours researching my participation at the Forum, you might actually have a rebuttal?
ROTFLMAO

Please point at even one post of yours that is not just that.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Take your pick.
Then offer a rebuttal....try a real rebuttal....not simple minded nay saying.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Whatever happened to the subject of this thread..."Evolution...what a lie"...

Have we now moved on to petty squabbles..?

Are we all in agreement that ToE is valid or do we still have some here who are against the theory and can tell us why?

DarkSun

:eltiT
so why are you still shoveling it?
Or perhaps you are trying to prove:
"There are far to many people who think dishing out so much BS that people drown in it is a worthy goal to be proud of and they cannot understand that it merely makes them the leading contender of the Darwin Awards."

I don't think you understood what I meant. Please re-read the posts.

DarkSun

:eltiT
Whatever happened to the subject of this thread..."Evolution...what a lie"...

Have we now moved on to petty squabbles..?

Are we all in agreement that ToE is valid or do we still have some here who are against the theory and can tell us why?

Yes. We all agree on that. I don't understand the digression either. :eek:

shortfade2

word

this pretty much sums up the debate about religion

the problem with religion is that there is absolutely no proof, only people whos mentality of "im right no matter what anyone says" and use the excuse of "im right because i have faith and my religion tells me im right" as there only proof.

damn Theres! there their or they're. That one should be their. ^^. So, As this 'proof' there is some geological proofs of the bible that I have had presented to me by bibllical archeologists...Now i realize that this is not enough proof, but i do not seem to have a link. I might be able to find one, but i doubt it. People who have set out to disprove the bible have ended up becoming christians 9 times out of 10

skydivephil

damn Theres! there their or they're. That one should be their. ^^. So, As this 'proof' there is some geological proofs of the bible that I have had presented to me by bibllical archeologists...Now i realize that this is not enough proof, but i do not seem to have a link. I might be able to find one, but i doubt it. People who have set out to disprove the bible have ended up becoming christians 9 times out of 10

Do you have a source for your 9/10 statistic that we can check or did you make it up?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Ha, ha, that's a good one. Where did you get that statistic?

shortfade2

I pulled it out of my butt. ;) Actually I have only heard of it once or twice, but oh well. I dont like arguing about these types of topics because I always end up having my beliefs slandered, ****** on, and thrown in the toilet.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Now let me get this: you pulled a statistic out of your butt, we called you on it, and you call that "having your beliefs slandered?" Aren't you the one who was doing the slandering, and we pointed that out?

Maybe you don't like arguing about these topics because you tend to lose? And it makes you feel better to call it "slandered" rather than "slaughtered?"

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Tell you what, shortfade, we'll start a thread. I'll try to disprove (some parts of ) the Bible, and you try to support them. Then we'll see whether I become Christian or not, O.K.?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard

Perhaps these people should start with Genesis. Ever seen the Noah's Ark thread? Yeh, some pretty huge problems with that little story.

Now considering i have proven that part of the bible wrong (if taken literally) over 100000000 ****ing times in that thread, why am i not a Christian?

I have to say, geologically, its a huge (understatement of the century) leap of faith to make the bible geologically fit to reality.