• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EVOLUTION, what a lie.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
yep!
The motion induced by the big bang is ongoing.
And because of it, this solar system took form, and because of it,the earth has it's own character, and the motion of the atmosphere, the tidal water, the lightning...etc.etc.....all of it churns this unique ball of chemistry into a condition of which life can take form.

The motion is relentless. Change is continual.
Life is forced to evolve as the Earth continues to evolve.
God set it all in motion with a snap of His fingers.

Evolution is not a lie.
God did it.

rageoftyrael

Veritas
wow, you are really monotonous, thief. do you think if you repeat yourself enough times we might actually start agreeing with you? well, i for one do not believe it, because you can't prove it. Since you can't prove it to me, i'll never believe you. repeating it is merely annoying.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Wow you sure are redundant.
My repetition comes up in the flow of thought as per thread discussion.
Obviously you have noticed how my reply has multiple applications.

That quality does not reduce the content of my reply...neither does your repeated complaint for lack of proof.

Oh...that's right...you don't like the cause and effect concept when applied to the singularity.

So...I wasn't there...when God snapped His fingers, sending the singularity into the spiraling explosion we still see overhead.
Neither were you.

But I am willing to praise God, and He deserves it.

You don't even acknowledge He exists.
If you're waiting for a photograph, or a finger print, or a one on one discussion...be patient.
You will get to see Him, feel His hand up side your head, and you shall have your day of reckoning.
Good luck with that.

Atheisttillprovenwrong

Lover of Science
to not believe in evolution is rediculous.

We have fossil evidence that proves that evolution exists. To not believe in it means that you think that we are exactly the same today as we were at the beginning of time, which is absolutely false. We have proof that we have changed, real, concrete proof, not just people saying "ohh i know its right because my religion tells me it is"

So what do you have to say about the fossils that show that we have changed?

You don't even acknowledge He exists.
If you're waiting for a photograph, or a finger print, or a one on one discussion...be patient.
You will get to see Him, feel His hand up side your head, and you shall have your day of reckoning.
Good luck with that.
people who dont acknowledge that he exists are called "free thinkers" or "open minded" or even "philosophers"

and people have been waiting for hundreds of years for him to come back, so good luck with THAT.

It makes me laugh when people try to argue the existence of god. Its not a provable or disprovable thing, kinda like bigfoot.

Evolution is not a lie.
God did it.

LMFAO
religion and science DO NOT, WILL NOT, AND HAVE NOT EVER gone hand in hand, it just doesnt wrk like that. You cant pick and choose which parts of each you like. You get one or the other, or you condemn yourself to hell according to your own beliefs, correct?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No...not correct.
But a thorough rebuttal in the confines of this one thread, would be lengthy....and redundant, 'according to Rage'.

Why not take some time to read some of the postings I have already made?
Click the name Thief...go to public file...go to statistics....and from there, you will see a list of postings in which your questions have already been answered.

Or...you could view the various topics and scan the discussions in complete debate and rebuttal as they happened.

That should keep you busy for a while.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
LMFAO
religion and science DO NOT, WILL NOT, AND HAVE NOT EVER gone hand in hand, it just doesnt wrk like that. You cant pick and choose which parts of each you like. You get one or the other, or you condemn yourself to hell according to your own beliefs, correct?
Which religion?
Parts of what?
Who's hell?
Who's beliefs?

Remember, generalization is as unreasonable as blind faith.

rageoftyrael

Veritas
well, thief, an intelligent arguer knows that if one argument is not working, it is probably best if they on to a new one. i haven't seen you do that. that is why i complain. before you say that i do the same thing, you would be false. i've required faith, questioned logic, etc. in my attempt to point out the unlikelihood of god, but you just keep on coming in the face of overwhelming odds. in a way, it's admirable, but mostly sad. but keep on truckin' thief. maybe you'll convince someone with your snap theory.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I see your signature line could be contrary to your last post.

Faith is freedom.

And yeah...I get frubals for the viewpoints I write.

rageoftyrael

Veritas
well, the problem thief, is that you want to make claims, for which you have no evidence, nor even any particularly compelling arguments for, and act as if they are true. am i the only person who sees this as ludicrous? i'm guessing that your average theist might not see it that way, but any really rational thinker is going to look sideways at this, at best.

ThereIsNoSpoon

Jtartar touched on it with a question.
The singularity is the pivot point.

'Something' created the singularity.
I call Him the Almighty.
Well you might call the first cause of the big bang (if ONE cause existed at all) whatever you want.
If however you call it by name of something that already means something else, then you are dishonest. The term "God" is normally not understood as a physical thing that triggered the big bang, nor is it normally understood as some "alien" lifeform that perhaps created this universe in a laboratory in super-duper-universe X where it lives.

God normally is associated with some personal being that perhaps was born to a virgin (christianity) and rose from the dead after being crucified (christianity), some being that talks through burning bushes and orders parents to kill their sons (abrahmitic religions), someone who listens to prayers and helps people and who has a hell and a paradise prepared for them.

Now EVEN IF we had some "intelligent" being that started of this universe, that would have nothing at all to do with all the teachings religions on this earth try to establish.

It could just as well be E.T.:)

Unfortunately however even the claim that it was some intelligence is already not conclusive. More or less you (like many other) simply say: I cant explain it through a natural process, so a god must have done it.
Your lack of knowledge is however no evidence for the existence of something about which you have even less knowledge.

ThereIsNoSpoon

You failed to rebuttal the concept of a Creator.
I haven't "failed" i simply didn't do it.
As i explained already, EVEN if there was a "conclusively prooven" creator it wouldnt help any theist really. Not with the arguments you bring forth.

If you have any other thing in mind with your concept then please point me to it and tell me what you want me to do. I havent read the complete thread.

skydivephil

For every cause there is an effect, and for every effect there is a cause.

Such things are taught in grade school....that's where I got it.

Under this topic evolution is the effect....God caused it.
(that's not to say His immediate presence is required....evolution is a process in motion...and the motion was 'caused' a long time ago.)

I guess you didnt go to grad school. Cause and effect cannto be confirmed at the sub atomic level. Inderteminacy is the name of the game. At some point the universe was smaller than an atom. So your argument falls to pieces.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
God is spirit.
Physical law won't apply.

At the point of singularity....all science collapses into the void.
No geometry, no motion, no time, no equations.

Your science rebuttals can't go there.

skydivephil

The problem is the singularity is implied by general relativity, but when the universe is smaller than an atom we need a quantum theory of gravity. All the version of this we have eg Loop Quanitisation and M theory all say the singualrity is not implied by the big bang. So you are just wong . Perhaps if you would read the current research on quantum cosomology you would know this.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So...you're new here.

Faith by definition doesn't need proof.

That you say there is no singularity simply bumps the terms.
The universe (one word) does exist.
God did it.

skydivephil

Thief, you say god did it, I could just as equally say my cuddly toy did it.We have the same amount of evidence for both propositions: zero. The only difference is we do have evidence my cuddly toy exists.

ThereIsNoSpoon

Thief, you say god did it, I could just as equally say my cuddly toy did it.We have the same amount of evidence for both propositions: zero. The only difference is we do have evidence my cuddly toy exists.
Oh my cuddly toy .... i have seen thy light:bow:.

Indeed evidence for the toys existence can be found unlike the nonexisting evidence for that other thing .... "god" or so. Time to choose a religion and pray for forgving my sins:angel2: