• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of what?

gnostic

The Lost One
Do you actually think you know when the accounts in the Bible were written?

is that mere ignorance, or sheer wilful refusal to recognise that the Biblical books - like the Genesis and Exodus aren’t as old as you believed to be?

Ignorance can be rectified by education. The later is just you deceiving yourself because of your biases…here, you cannot be helped.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
is that mere ignorance, or sheer wilful refusal to recognise that the Biblical books - like the Genesis and Exodus aren’t as old as you believed to be?

Ignorance can be rectified by education. The later is just you deceiving yourself because of your biases…here, you cannot be helped.
In other words, you don't want to or can't give me an answer. I suspect you can't.

gnostic

The Lost One
Not putting him down but he also made money that way. And yes he figured what he figured even though it was clearly mental gymnastics. Maybe this, maybe that.etc. fini say what you want, I see that.

Wow?!

That’s low.

So Hawking made some money, from some books he wrote and few other works.

He wasn’t trying to swindle people’s money, like YEC creationists like Ken Ham and Kent Hovind, and Hovind is a convicted for tax frauds/evasion.

The both make money from their business ventures than Hawking’s honest earnings, and Hovind being tax cheat, and yet you are only talk of hawking‘s earning, but not Ham’s and Hovind’s dishonest earnings. Double standard?

In other words, you don't want to or can't give me an answer. I suspect you can't.

i already gave you answer.

Genesis is a myth, it explain nothing about the nature of Earth, or that of Solar System or Universe. It explain nothing about about life, because it has no real knowledge of biology of plants or animals (including humans).

Genesis 2:7 saying God created human from dust or soil, is nothing more than fairytale, because the Egyptians and the Sumerians from the 3rd and 2nd millennia BCE, all say similar things, and they (including Genesis 1 & 2) are all wrong, biologically.

You cannot create human tissues, organs and cells, from silicate minerals that are the major composition of soil (clay, silt or sand types of soil). Silicates are not found in a single soils. So the Israelites are just as uneducated as the Egyptians and the Sumerians and Babylonians.

But you obvious don’t understand that you can make cells from silicates, which mean you’re science illiterate and anti-science.

The truth in Adam and Eve story isn't really about their creation (not about the science accuracy, and not about historical accuracy), it is story about moral, the Jewish code, about being obedient to God, and they failed God’s order. That‘s what the real story about, not about Adam being literally made from soil or dust of the ground.

You clearly don’t even understand the scriptures you believe in.

Last edited:

Eli G

Based on the size of their wings and their weight, bees are not supposed to fly as easily as they do. According to physical laws, this is impossible, because they weigh too much compared to the size and fragility of their wings. How did a supposedly blind evolution produce such a feat if according to known laws that result cannot be possible? :)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Based on the size of their wings and their weight, bees are not supposed to fly as easily as they do. According to physical laws, this is impossible, because they weigh too much compared to the size and fragility of their wings. How did a supposedly blind evolution produce such a feat if according to known laws that result cannot be possible? :)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Based on the size of their wings and their weight, bees are not supposed to fly as easily as they do. According to physical laws, this is impossible

What a load of old hat. It shows that you don't keep up with the science you try to decry and fail in you task through ignorance. It is not a good way to promote your beliefs

Eli G

Have you ever seen the many different varieties of pheasant that exist and their different colors? What blind evolution produces that result? :hugehug:

Eli G

The different colors in animals are not their decision. They can only adopt the variations that were genetically given to them when they were created. Are animals conscious artists?

Although the Creator of animals is the best artist that can ever exist. :)

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
If there is a creator it is a very cruel being for creating cancer, mental illness, parasites, disease...

Eli G

The Bible says that when Jehovah God created the planet, and you know that no other planet similar to ours has been seen, the angels of heaven shouted in admiration.

Job 38:4 Where were you when I founded the earth?
Tell me, if you think you understand.
5 Who set its measurements, in case you know,
Or who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 Into what were its pedestals sunk,
Or who laid its cornerstone,
7 When the morning stars joyfully cried out together,
And all the sons of God began shouting in applause?

I do it every time I see a landscape, a video about fish, flowers, birds, butterflies, etc. I find it sad that evolutionists don't know who to give credit for the wonders they can enjoy. :(

Matt. 5:44 However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That was said by an early German aeronautical engineer that did not understand how bees, especially bumblebees flew.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Have you ever seen the many different varieties of pheasant that exist and their different colors? What blind evolution produces that result? :hugehug:
Evolution is not "blind". For some reason creationists cannot ever remember that all of the "forces" of evolution are working at the same time. You forgot natural selection which is not "blind". Pretty soon we will hear that "Oh, natural selection cannot add new information:rolleyes:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Wrong. A bee's wings not only flap, but they also rotate a bit to increase lift and to allow the bee to fly backwards.