• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evil demands a price: exorcism

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

That's what I see when I look into her eyes. Every nightmare I've ever had comes true - all at the same time. Terrors that I had forgotten years ago are real and completely full of life.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Still not convinced that this is real. What is being described is the storyline and special effects tropes of every religious horror movie dealing with possession. I've seen videos and heard recordings of real exorcisms and it's really rather boring. It never happens how they portray it in Hollywood movies. Then there's the "coincidence" that you're posting this around Halloween.

You are a great writer, though. I'll give that to you.

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

Still not convinced that this is real. What is being described is the storyline and special effects tropes of every religious horror movie dealing with possession. I've seen videos and heard recordings of real exorcisms and it's really rather boring. It never happens how they portray it in Hollywood movies. Then there's the "coincidence" that you're posting this around Halloween.

You are a great writer, though. I'll give that to you.

I'm not sure - I've seen a few of the documented exorcisms - and by few I mean six or so (?). I'm not very interested in demon possession horror flicks because honestly it's hard to see one that's original. It seems to me that if you watch the original Exorcist with an open mind -- that is, with the attitude that it's not going to suck -- then every demon possession movie after that (and some other horror movies in general) -- they just seem derivative.

For whatever it's worth, I've never seen a possessed person produce 'ectoplasm' before. Maybe it's in a movie somewhere. I'm not trying to claim authenticity -- but I've honestly never seen it -- that's simply a challenge to your suggestion that I'm just copying a common theme, because if that's happening, it's completely unintentional.

Fortunately - I guess - I'm not trying to convince you personally of anything (and no one else, for that matter).

And you're right, it is a coincidence that it's happening near Halloween, but not a happy one. It took me 14 years to finally talk about this stuff. Almost all of it is in the past, anyway.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not sure - I've seen a few of the documented exorcisms - and by few I mean six or so (?). I'm not very interested in demon possession horror flicks because honestly it's hard to see one that's original. It seems to me that if you watch the original Exorcist with an open mind -- that is, with the attitude that it's not going to suck -- then every demon possession movie after that (and some other horror movies in general) -- they just seem derivative.

For whatever it's worth, I've never seen a possessed person produce 'ectoplasm' before. Maybe it's in a movie somewhere. I'm not trying to claim authenticity -- but I've honestly never seen it -- that's simply a challenge to your suggestion that I'm just copying a common theme, because if that's happening, it's completely unintentional.

Fortunately - I guess - I'm not trying to convince you personally of anything (and no one else, for that matter).

And you're right, it is a coincidence that it's happening near Halloween, but not a happy one. It took me 14 years to finally talk about this stuff. Almost all of it is in the past, anyway.

Ectoplasm was associated with mediums and seances from about a century ago. The last time I've seen it in a movie was in the Haunting in Connecticut. I personally think ectoplasm is a hoax. Mind you, I do believe that possession does happen and I was almost possessed myself at one point. So I'm not some die-hard skeptic materialist. I'm a very open-minded person. But this just smacks of a joke to me. What reminded me that this sounds like a horror movie is that I watched the movie, Deliver Us From Evil, last night and that's a religious horror movie about possession.

Do you have any evidence at all? If not the film, than newspaper articles or anything even confirming that the film exists and/or that people died? I don't think it's too much to ask to see proof.

Last edited:
Reactions: MD
A

angellous_evangellous

I don't think it's too much to ask to see proof.

I don't think it's too much to ask, either. And if you pardon me, I don't think that it's too much for me to refuse to provide it - and I all but stated plainly that I wouldn't in the first place.

I simply wanted to talk about my experience, which I did, and I had no intention of convincing anyone of its truthfulness because frankly that's not what I'm trying to do. I just wanted to get it off my chest, that's all.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't think it's too much to ask, either. And if you pardon me, I don't think that it's too much for me to refuse to provide it - and I all but stated plainly that I wouldn't in the first place.

I simply wanted to talk about my experience, which I did, and I had no intention of convincing anyone of its truthfulness because frankly that's not what I'm trying to do. I just wanted to get it off my chest, that's all.

Not even a newspaper article about the deaths?

If not, I'll just continue with my hunch that this is a hoax.

A

angellous_evangellous

Not even a newspaper article about the deaths?

If not, I'll just continue with my hunch that this is a hoax.

That's fine, man. I'm not even attempting to convince people that it's "true." Even if I looked for the newspaper articles from 14 years ago (which may or may not be available online), that wouldn't be proof of anything.

A

angellous_evangellous

I guess I'll be having nightmares...

It gave me chills for a long time. I just can't imagine putting blunt knives to my eyes and bashing my head into the ground. If it didn't take one try...

I've been suicidal before, but I've never considered this one.

A

angellous_evangellous

I finally watched the film in full today. I have decided to release it on Vimeo for a limited time in 14 days, which seems to me to be enough time for something to happen that would make me change my mind. If something happens to me, it's already uploaded and will be available at 11:59PM on Oct 30. I haven't yet decided how long it will be available - but probably between 3 and 14 days.

If you don't hear from me, good luck and God bless.

Whew! I thought that the video was already released. I was in a panic for a minute. This is hard to let go of. But what's done is done. It's scheduled to release on its own - the video isn't even on my computer or any of my backups - that feels good.

So enjoy. I'll post a link to the video in the morning and the password is apples.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Thank God! I was afraid to even read this thread for a while!
I had ectoplasm on my mind for a few days. Unfortunately, I'm very visual. Visions of a witch-like creature spewing green/yellowish ectoplasm in slow motion haunted me for days. Damn Angellous!!

A

angellous_evangellous

I guess I have to come clean. It is based on a true story. It's too long to post, so here it is in pdf.

Attachments

• Clean.pdf
    59.2 KB · Views: 29
A

angellous_evangellous

I had ectoplasm on my mind for a few days. Unfortunately, I'm very visual. Visions of a witch-like creature spewing green/yellowish ectoplasm in slow motion haunted me for days. Damn Angellous!!

I had forgotten about that. That was actually based on an exorcism video that they showed in class. Very creepy stuff.