• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evil demands a price: exorcism

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

Yeah, we had a terrible problem with 'possums getting into the girls' rooms when they were babies and piling the furniture in front of the door so we couldn't get in for days.

We finally ended up getting a pet coyote. It kept the 'possums away, but boy did he make a mess of our play room!

The mama was as big as a house cat. I didn't know they could get that big. We have an infestation in my neighborhood I think - I see them regularly as roadkill.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
The mama was as big as a house cat. I didn't know they could get that big. We have an infestation in my neighborhood I think - I see them regularly as roadkill.
They must have been hittin' the gym and bulking up before they made a run on your place.

You could start a furniture moving business and call it "Possum Hunks Hauling Junk".

A

angellous_evangellous

They must have been hittin' the gym and bulking up before they made a run on your place.

You could start a furniture moving business and call it "Possum Hunks Hauling Junk".

haha - they were already dead by then.

lunamoth

Will to love
Can't frubal you again so I hafta give you this instead >> :biglaugh: :cookie: :D
Thanks! I'm getting the "no frubals for Buttercup' Nazi warning too.

Although, now I am worried about the neighborhood 'possums taking revenge. They have been very bold lately.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Thanks! I'm getting the "no frubals for Buttercup' Nazi warning too.

Although, now I am worried about the neighborhood 'possums taking revenge. They have been very bold lately.
Daddy better watch out. The possums are out for revenge for killin' mama!! Just picture this person with slightly less hair...>>>>

A

angellous_evangellous

We finally ended up getting a pet coyote. It kept the 'possums away, but boy did he make a mess of our play room!

That's hilarious.

I was relieved when I found the possums -- at least that problem was solved.

I busted the doorknob off the nursery door a few minutes ago and used a rake handle to push the furniture out of the way enough to crack the door. The explanation aside, I'm a little proud of myself for figuring that one out. No possums.

outhouse

Atheistically
I have heard about this movie in academic circles in private discussions with professors, but I never heard anything from someone who watched it.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have heard about this movie in academic circles in private discussions with professors, but I never heard anything from someone who watched it.

What did you hear about it? I've been in academia for 12 years and I have heard nothing about it.

My only guess is my old professor could have told some of his peers. He got his PhD in the 1970s from Harvard, so he might have been connected to some of the folks out there. Anyway, if that's where you heard of it (or perhaps a student?) - there might me some written record of it somewhere. I'd love to know anything else about the film - who's in it and what's going on? I will PM you the name of the prof.

The thing about the film is that it wasn't that big of a secret itself... Every student in the religion department knew about it. I don't know how many people at the college saw it before me -- certainly not very many -- but they went to jobs and other schools all over the world, so they could have told someone.

So far as I know the only odd thing about it was all the coincidences surrounding my experience with it. The film certainly might had a long history before I saw it.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Okay, angellous, this is just too freaking scary for my tastes. I'm uncomfortable just reading the thread. I've never given a whole lot of thought to the idea of people being possessed, although I would probably have always said I was open to the possibility. Your story was just downright terrifying, though -- I guess since I actually believe it happened like you told it.

A

angellous_evangellous

Okay, angellous, this is just too freaking scary for my tastes. I'm uncomfortable just reading the thread. I've never given a whole lot of thought to the idea of people being possessed, although I would probably have always said I was open to the possibility. Your story was just downright terrifying, though -- I guess since I actually believe it happened like you told it.

It's not so bad. The terrifying stuff for me happened many years ago. Even recent events aren't that bad compared to what it could be.

I'm the only person in the original group that hasn't lost something significant.

For me, it's just a turning point in my life that I hadn't shared with anyone - I've just been carrying it around for too long.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wow man, gets me the chills in my skin from reading this! You ever plan to share it with your wife?

I don't think so.

I have an agreement with a colleague of mine that if I ever die unexpectedly, he'll prepare my research for publication -- and I'll do the same from him. I keep a copy of all of my work in a shared folder in dropbox and a backup in Google Docs, and hardcopies in a safe deposit box. I have added goodbye letters to my family and update them every once in a while.

I'm not sure how much all of that is relevant - it just seemed at the time of writing that my wife didn't need to know because I have all of my affairs in order.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm the only person in the original group that hasn't lost something significant.

For me, it's just a turning point in my life that I hadn't shared with anyone - I've just been carrying it around for too long.
Yeah, and the fact that you've never shared it is pretty indicative of the impact it had on you. I don't think I'd ever get over the events that happened so shortly after you originally watched the film.

A

angellous_evangellous

I have found just writing this down to be therapeutic, so I'm going to record the particulars of the film as I recall them.

In 1976 there was a documented exorcism done by one of the few senior exorcists at the time. During the exorcism, the priests wanted to give the victim some rest so they prayed in another room. They left the camera rolling while they were away, but when the film was reviewed before archiving it, 8min 33sec of film was cut and sent back to the exorcist -- it was blank. The rest of the film was edited and archived and is available to this day online and in libraries.

Anyway, that's the history of the film as I know it.

This is the content of the film:

A very ghastly woman is standing about two feet from the camera. The audio is overwhelmed with noise, but it sounds like several wild animals are fighting for their lives. Then woman suddenly looks healthy, opens her mouth, and ectoplasm just spews out - it was like vomit at first but it hardened - it assumed a shape almost like a cornucopia - the narrow end was still in her mouth and the larger end was now almost you could see from the camera's view. But I remember seeing her eyes.

Now this is the chilling part. We heard voices speaking from a mist in the cornucopia. We all heard different things. I heard a child speaking to me about my happy childhood and all the things I was looking forward to in life. As I was moved by these happy thoughts, my experience was immediately changed to complete terror because it I felt memories of the past and hope for the future all accompanied by an all-consuming fear. It felt like all of this happened in a few seconds, but It was a full 8+ minutes. I saw myself stabbing my wife and children - looking into their eyes as the life bled out of them -- all while loving them like a husband or father. I also felt something like a whisper in my soul telling me that I would spare my family this fate if I did not continue into the ministry. I did not.

I also heard the voice say that it would leave its victim but it wouldn't take another - it would continue killing people using other means.

Now this is the only time in my life I really tasted fear. My wife almost died giving birth to our twins back in Feb. I was afraid then, but not the kind of fear that I felt that day or what I feel even now as I type this.

It's difficult to describe fear.

Last edited by a moderator:

InChrist

Free4ever
Now this is the only time in my life I really tasted fear. My wife almost died giving birth to our twins back in Feb. I was afraid then, but not the kind of fear that I felt that day or what I feel even now as I type this.

Yes, it is difficult. The kind of fear that comes from the spiritual realm of darkness is so malevolent. dark, and intense. It really is an unearthly, inhuman kind of fear that is beyond description. I am simply ever grateful that Jesus saved me and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world, as now I can rest in His perfect love knowing it casts out fear.

master412160

miscy.net
I have found just writing this down to be therapeutic, so I'm going to record the particulars of the film as I recall them.

In 1976 there was a documented exorcism done by one of the few senior exorcists at the time. During the exorcism, the priests wanted to give the victim some rest so they prayed in another room. They left the camera rolling while they were away, but when the film was reviewed before archiving it, 8min 33sec of film was cut and sent back to the exorcist -- it was blank. The rest of the film was edited and archived and is available to this day online and in libraries.

Anyway, that's the history of the film as I know it.

This is the content of the film:

A very ghastly woman is standing about two feet from the camera. The audio is overwhelmed with noise, but it sounds like several wild animals are fighting for their lives. Then woman suddenly looks healthy, opens her mouth, and ectoplasm just spews out - it was like vomit at first but it hardened - it assumed a shape almost like a cornucopia - the narrow end was still in her mouth and the larger end was now almost you could see from the camera's view. But I remember seeing her eyes.

Now this is the chilling part. We heard voices speaking from a mist in the cornucopia. We all heard different things. I heard a child speaking to me about my happy childhood and all the things I was looking forward to in life. As I was moved by these happy thoughts, my experience was immediately changed to complete terror because it I felt memories of the past and hope for the future all accompanied by an all-consuming fear. It felt like all of this happened in a few seconds, but It was a full 8+ minutes. I saw myself stabbing my wife and children - looking into their eyes as the life bled out of them -- all while loving them like a husband or father. I also felt something like a whisper in my soul telling me that I would spare my family this fate if I did not continue into the ministry. I did not.

I also heard the voice say that it would leave its victim but it wouldn't take another - it would continue killing people using other means.

you do know how to get a man's full attention! You should become a writer.

A

angellous_evangellous

Yes, it is difficult. The kind of fear that comes from the spiritual realm of darkness is so malevolent. dark, and intense. It really is an unearthly, inhuman kind of fear that is beyond description. I am simply ever grateful that Jesus saved me and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world, as now I can rest in His perfect love knowing it casts out fear.

I wish I knew that peace - for me it is fleeting. I admit that sometimes I am consumed by fear. I try to be bold, and sometimes I actually am, but the root of my fear can find me anywhere that I find refuge.

I wish I could describe it better, but I don't want anyone else to feel the way that I do.

I can say now that it's like being violently ill, but nothing is actually wrong. Your body coils up into the safety of the fetal position but there is only pain - no comfort. And you tremble as your stomach churns and your head spins and you have chills and sweat at the same time but there is no fever. You cry out but make no sound. You drown but there is no water. It's almost impossible to breathe but you have air.

Your fingernails scrape off against the unforgiving lid of your coffin. Your mouth is filled with dust but you can still breathe. You open your eyes to nothingness but there is never peace. The only end - the only beautiful end is death but nothing can harm you.