• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence that Jesus was the Messiah

Ben Avraham

matthew is a loyal jew that you also believe could have been Ben Yosef. It cant be Hellenistic/or even moonistic (lol) because even you said that matthew was a loyal jew.
"In fact, not a single Jew wrote a single page of the NT. Jews don't write against..their own Faith." Since I walk by
sight.. if Jews don't write against their faith they walk by sight not by faith? Then also again on top of their own Faith.
Would be possible to do both?

Matthew IS no loyal Jew any longer; he has been dead for over 2000 years. He was a loyal Jew. When I mention Faith in
Judaism, that's what I mean, Judaism, the Faith of the Jews. I don't mean faith as a way to believe by.

Ben Avraham

Ok, so what's your argument that that couldn't have been true of Matthew.

Matthew was a loyal Jew; hence, he could not write about the possibility of the Greek concept of the demigod in Judaism.
Demigod is the Greek son of a god with an earthly woman. Matthew would never admit that the Jewish Jesus would be the
son of God with Mary. That's absurd in Judaism. (Mat. 1:18)

meghanwaterlillies

Matthew was a loyal Jew; hence, he could not write about the possibility of the Greek concept of the demigod in Judaism.
Demigod is the Greek son of a god with an earthly woman. Matthew would never admit that the Jewish Jesus would be the
So then Jesus is God

meghanwaterlillies

So whatever is said it goes back in forth.
Because if I ask a pagan Jesus could be a son of God so can they but he cant be god.
Which leaves the other question what about son of man.

roger1440

I do stuff
And yet that is what the Bible says. The Jews as a nation rejected the Messiah. The religious leaders, in particular, felt their authority and position challenged by Jesus, who roundly condemned them for replacing God's Word with their man-made traditions. He told them ; "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines.’” Despite all the evidence that Jesus was the promised Messiah, the religious leaders caused his murder. There were a relatively few Jews who did accept Jesus as the Messiah. Like their master, they became targets of persecution by their unbelieving countrymen.
What was Jesus found guilty of?

rusra02

Premium Member
What was Jesus found guilty of?
The Sanhedrin (wrongly) convicted him of blasphemy. Luke 23:2 reveals they trumped up false charges against Jesus to get his execution; "We found this man subverting our nation, forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar, and saying he himself is Christ a king."

roger1440

I do stuff
The Sanhedrin (wrongly) convicted him of blasphemy. Luke 23:2 reveals they trumped up false charges against Jesus to get his execution; "We found this man subverting our nation, forbidding the paying of taxes to Caesar, and saying he himself is Christ a king."
According to the Gospel of Luke the only thing Jesus was found guilty of was being popular. To the best of my knowledge that is not a crime under Jewish or Roman law. Neither Pilate nor Herod found any fault in Jesus. But being a very popular Jew stirring up the people during Passover would certainly get the attention of the Jewish and Roman authorities.

4 Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, “I find no basis for a charge against this man."

5 But they insisted, “He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here.”

Luke 23:4-5

rusra02

Premium Member
According to the Gospel of Luke the only thing Jesus was found guilty of was being popular. To the best of my knowledge that is not a crime under Jewish or Roman law. Neither Pilate nor Herod found any fault in Jesus. But being a very popular Jew stirring up the people during Passover would certainly get the attention of the Jewish and Roman authorities.

4 Then Pilate announced to the chief priests and the crowd, “I find no basis for a charge against this man."

5 But they insisted, “He stirs up the people all over Judea by his teaching. He started in Galilee and has come all the way here.”

Luke 23:4-5
The Jewish religious leaders were quite political. They said; "If we let him go on this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation." (John 11:48) They were not above using the Roman authorities to persecute Christ and his followers. The same despicable practice of using secular authorities to persecute true Christians is employed by many religious leaders today, IMO.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Alternatively, Matthew was not a loyal Jew and so he can write about anything he likes.

roger1440

I do stuff
The Jewish religious leaders were quite political. They said; "If we let him go on this way, they will all put faith in him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation." (John 11:48) They were not above using the Roman authorities to persecute Christ and his followers. The same despicable practice of using secular authorities to persecute true Christians is employed by many religious leaders today, IMO.
Why would the Roman authorities meddle in Jewish religious affairs?

Ben Avraham

Alternatively, Matthew was not a loyal Jew and so he can write about anything he likes.

Please Tumah, be so kind as to show me that Matthew, the apostle of Jesus was not a loyal Jew. If Jesus was a loyal Jew, it is only obvious that he would not pick up a non-loyal Jew for a disciple.

Ben Avraham

So whatever is said it goes back in forth.
Because if I ask a pagan Jesus could be a son of God so can they but he cant be god.
Which leaves the other question what about son of man.

No problem! Jesus was a son of man. So am I and so are you. Son of man, by definition, is ben-adam, a mortal person. It applies to both sexes.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Please Tumah, be so kind as to show me that Matthew, the apostle of Jesus was not a loyal Jew. If Jesus was a loyal Jew, it is only obvious that he would not pick up a non-loyal Jew for a disciple.
I see the problem. Now you just need to prove that Jesus was a loyal Jew.

rusra02

Premium Member
Why would the Roman authorities meddle in Jewish religious affairs?
The Jewish religious leaders, similar to religious leaders today, were instrumental in controlling the populace, keeping them compliant with governmental authority. It was the religious leaders threat to Pilate: “If you release this man, you are not a friend of Caesar. Everyone who makes himself a king speaks against Caesar" that moved reluctant Pilate to execute Jesus.

Ben Avraham

Hmmm....if Jesus was Jew, then how do you explain this: “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” ? Did he call himself a sheep to? Was Maria jewish?

Ana, don't believe every thing the NT says because it was written by Hellenists former disciples of Paul's. This for instance that Jesus had come only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel makes not sense because the Ten Tribes of Israel had got lost and Jesus never travelled outside Israel in search of them. It means that his coming was obsolete and made no sense. Maria aka Mary his mother was a Jewish lady. That's what gave Jesus his Jewish identity.

Ben Avraham

I see the problem. Now you just need to prove that Jesus was a loyal Jew.

No problem; be my guest! As you must know, there is nothing more important in the life of loyal Jew than the Law. Jesus declared that he had not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets but to fulfill them in the sense of obeying them and compared the longevity of the Law with as long as Heaven and Earth remain in existence. (Mat. 5:17-19) And Jesus went on by saying that to achieve salvation, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If with such a record, Jesus was not a loyal Jew, there are no loyal Jews.

Tumah

Veteran Member
No problem; be my guest! As you must know, there is nothing more important in the life of loyal Jew than the Law. Jesus declared that he had not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets but to fulfill them in the sense of obeying them and compared the longevity of the Law with as long as Heaven and Earth remain in existence. (Mat. 5:17-19) And Jesus went on by saying that to achieve salvation, we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31) If with such a record, Jesus was not a loyal Jew, there are no loyal Jews.
Right...
Hey Ben Avraham! You have to follow every Law in the Torah.Come and listen to how I will interpret those Laws for you in a way that will make you want to follow me, rather than the Rabbis who are the sons of Satan. Remember that annoying Sabbath Law that prevents you from doing anything important for a whole day? Ibra K'Dibra!!! Taken care of! Isn't freedom great?

Last edited:

Ben Avraham

Right...
Hey Ben Avraham! You have to follow every Law in the Torah.Come and listen to how I will interpret those Laws for you in a way that will make you want to follow me, rather than the Rabbis who are the sons of Satan. Remember that annoying Sabbath Law that prevents you from doing anything important for a whole day? Ibra K'Dibra!!! Taken care of! Isn't freedom great?

Thank you but no, thanks. I would never be able to follow a Christian. With your invitation above, you have implied that you are not Jewish. Jews do not believe in Satan. Your admittance of Rabbis who are sons of Satan revealed the secret that you are not Jewish. Now, I wonder why you have chosen the most Jewish atavar in the box.