• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence For And Against Evolution

SA Huguenot

Evolution has nothing whastoever to say about the bible and it is perfectly possible to be a christian and accept evolution theory, as more then a billion evolution-accepting christians around the world demonstrate.
And when I meet one, I ask him / her.
Who was the first human on Earth?
And they answer, oh, I dont believe Genesis was actual history!
I ask them then, do you believe Yhahuah (Jesus) created it all?
And they will have to admit that they call themself Christian, but dont believe in the Bible!
hear what I claim:
Any BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN does not believe in evolution!

Good grachias man, even Hitler called himself a Christian.

SA Huguenot

I post it again.
Show me where I am wrong.
Pal, accept the truth.
Your Bible = On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection.
Your God = matter.
Your priest = Richard Dawkins.
Your church = the congregation of Atheists and agnostics.
Your creed = There is no God, does not matter what I see. Deny deny deny.
Your life hereafter, = fodder for plants.
your parents, = More ape than you.
Your children = more human than you.
Life, = not worth anything, we are just here.
Morals = not needed, humans are just another fungus.

This is atheism, and dont even attempt to change the meaning.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Where am I wrong then?

Are you really that ignorant?

That is not any sort of bible - just the first book to outline a scientific theory (that has no direct connection to atheism).

Your God = matter.

Absurd.

Even more absurd - he's just a biologist.

That isn't a church - just a rather disparate group of people who have very little in common.

Ignorant misrepresentation. Showing both that you don't understand that humans are apes and that you also don't understand how evolution works. It does not have a direction generation to generation.

More ignorant misrepresentation.

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
OK, so we have a camel and a lama crossing.
Where is evolution?
say crossing a camel and lama and getting a sheep.
They also must have had a common ancestor.
Have you ever crossed a caucasian with a gorilla?
You know they also had a common ancestor.
:D:D:p
I don't understand what point you're trying to make here. How would any of this this be evidence for or against evolution?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So then, what is the purpose of life in general? Not your life personally or anyone else's life, we know people can decide what is the purpose of their personal lives, but life in general. Is there any? Some people (don't know if they believe in God or not), like doing good things for others, maybe even something as small as smiling at someone they may meet in a store, because it makes them feel good. But as far as scientific analysis goes, what would you say is the purpose of life, as said to be by evolution? Is there any?
Remember my comment about the difference in animal life (apes, ants, antelopes, etc.) and human life. Humans pray, they usually don't want to die. Is that evolved into their psyche? I know you don't believe the Bible, but it is clear that Eve did not believe that she would die when she listened to the serpent (later described as the Devil) when he told her she would not die. He deceived her. Adam knew he would die, he ate the fruit anyway. But the real question is: if we humans evolved as a species or kind, how come so many don't want to die? Is that part of evolution, too?
there is no inherent purpose to life that has been found yet. Why assume that there is or even should be? Not wanting to die is an evolved trait that any life with a brain of any sort wants. It is far from being unique to humans.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
or a Christian Bible believer who will answer to the Atheist attacks against evidence of God.
Pal, accept the truth.
Your God = matter.

This is atheism, and dont even attempt to change the meaning.
I guess the Ninth Commandment means nothing to you.

SA Huguenot

You say: That is not any sort of bible - just the first book to outline a scientific theory (that has no direct connection to atheism).
So, dont you believe in the Origin of the Species? I bet you will defent it with religious vigor!
Your God = matter.
You say: Absurd.
Ok, so where do you come from if not created by matter?
you say: Even more absurd - he's just a biologist.
And any stupid thing he says and writes is stuff you as an Atheist believes. Is he not the foremost scientist on evolution today? Well, he is your priest.
You say:That isn't a church - just a rather disparate group of people who have very little in common.
Except that they all believe there is no God and they believe evolution to be true! A congregation indeed!

Do you agree?
You say: Ignorant misrepresentation. Showing both that you don't understand that humans are apes and that you also don't understand how evolution works. It does not have a direction generation to generation.
Realy, did evolution not gradually change an aower life form into a higher one? Whats the problem? All the evolutionist documents I read tells me that even bacteria and fruit flies takes at least 20 000 years to change into some other species! and they then claim they dont have observed data to prove evolution because of "Time". Therefore, if you claim to descend from a Homonid, yes an ape man ancestor, how the hell can you claim that evolution somehow stopped in your body in the 3 observational generations. Your parents are more ape, and your children more human than you, even if it is only one change in the billions of billions of genomes in your body, in your parent, and in your child, I am scientiffically correct.
You say: More ignorant misrepresentation.
Well, well....
This is atheist reasoning at best.
They ascribe the right to say to a Christian Bible believer what ever they want too.
But boy oh Boy!
Are they ashamed of their religion!
There is not a single thing I used to describe your religion that is false!
The only problem you have is to embrace your religion in the open.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, as I said, I took all the accusations made up by Atheists and Muslims to prove that either there is no God, or the Bible is wrong and Allah is god.
This I did as an atheist, and I found that you all, this is Atheists and Muslims and Atheist scientists were lying through their teeth!

I don't believe you. You have no understanding of the sciences at all. You appear to refuse to learn so your so called investigation was dishonest at best. Also countless Christians accept the fact of evolution. One need not believe the myths of Genesis to be a Christian.

I had the guts to go and question not only science, which I agree with, but also the Bible, the Quran, the Book of Mormon, the JW's writings, the bagdava Gita, Upanishad, and Evolution!
I found they were all in the shadow of the Bible.
The Burdon of proof, as you demand is on me, is not on me at all!
It is up to anyone who attempts to discredit the Bible with false made up strawmen to investigate the rubbish they are taught by evolutionists.
Your high priest, Richard dawkins are now also refusing to debate any Christian on Evolution.
No, he holds presentations to students where no Christians are allowed.
Now thats open mindedness if you ever saw something like that.
I have now worked on the Bible since 2007 after I discovered what the heck was going on, and all I find is people so misribly brainwashed in believing the Bible is a book of Myths, that they will be totally gullable to any fairytale evolution sells them.

Wrong again. If you want to claim that your book of myths is true then the burden of proof is upon you. I can demonstrate evolution to be correct, but you will need to lose your fear and try to learn.

Most creationists are very very afraid.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You say: That is not any sort of bible - just the first book to outline a scientific theory (that has no direct connection to atheism).
So, dont you believe in the Origin of the Species? I bet you will defent it with religious vigor!
Your God = matter.
And any stupid thing he says and writes is stuff you as an Atheist believes. Is he not the foremost scientist on evolution today? Well, he is your priest.
You say:That isn't a church - just a rather disparate group of people who have very little in common.
Except that they all believe there is no God and they believe evolution to be true! A congregation indeed!

Do you agree?
You say: Ignorant misrepresentation. Showing both that you don't understand that humans are apes and that you also don't understand how evolution works. It does not have a direction generation to generation.
Realy, did evolution not gradually change an aower life form into a higher one? Whats the problem? All the evolutionist documents I read tells me that even bacteria and fruit flies takes at least 20 000 years to change into some other species! and they then claim they dont have observed data to prove evolution because of "Time". Therefore, if you claim to descend from a Homonid, yes an ape man ancestor, how the hell can you claim that evolution somehow stopped in your body in the 3 observational generations. Your parents are more ape, and your children more human than you, even if it is only one change in the billions of billions of genomes in your body, in your parent, and in your child, I am scientiffically correct.
You say: More ignorant misrepresentation.
Well, well....
This is atheist reasoning at best.
They ascribe the right to say to a Christian Bible believer what ever they want too.
But boy oh Boy!
The only problem you have is to embrace your religion in the open.
Please, do not accuse others of your sins. We do not have your weaknesses.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

This is just silly - it's an old book that probably few atheists have even read. I did some time ago but there are much better, more modern books about evolution.

And evolution has nothing to do with atheism.

Your God = matter.

Matter isn't even a well defined scientific term. Calling it a god is just idiotic.

And any stupid thing he says and writes is stuff you as an Atheist believes. Is he not the foremost scientist on evolution today?

No, I don't, and probably not - I wouldn't know.

They do not all believe there is no god - false witness again. There is more to a church than a shared belief (or lack thereof). Again the comparison is idiotic.

Do you agree?

First is nonsense - provide some evidence and I'll accept a god. Second is too inane to comment on.

I suspect you've never read a non-creationist account of evolution. Nobody claims that we don't have proof because of time. I'm not claiming evolution stopped but evolution isn't a progression and humans aren't less ape any more than they're less mammal. These are basic, basic aspects of evolution that anybody who's even read a (non-creationist) pop science book on the subject should know.

How can you talk about evolution from a place of such complete ignorance?

It's all false - including the claim that it's a religion. I don't have a religion and it is a lie to claim I do.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Where is evolution?
say crossing a camel and lama and getting a sheep.
They also must have had a common ancestor.
Have you ever crossed a caucasian with a gorilla?
You know they also had a common ancestor.
:D:D:p
You know, sometimes I think posts like this are more of a defensive tactic than anything else. The creationist posts something deliberately absurd, thereby making himself look ridiculous, which effectively fends off any possibility of thoughtful discussion. The end result is the creationist maintains his position intact, and avoids any serious challenges.

Kinda sad, but effective.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I believe in every thing science observed and described from nature.
I do not believe in Evolution
You realize those two statements are contradictory, right? We directly observe populations evolving all the time. We both exploit the evolutionary process (domestication) and fight against it (antibiotic resistance).

Why can't you just say something like "I reject evolution because it is contradictory to my religious beliefs" and leave it at that?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
And I said, you are sure there is no Creator.

And I challenged you to quote me saying that.

Dont you call yourself an Atheist?

Yes. Which is not the claim, nore the expression of certainty thereof, that no gods exist.

Or did the name Atheist have any other meaning such as the possibility of the existance of God.
Thats agnostic.

Atheism is the non-acceptance of the claim that there is a god or that there are gods.

Nothing else.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Of corse, Atheism is a religion man.

Atheism is a religion, just like "barefoot" is a type of shoe.
Atheism is a religion, just like "off" is a TV channel.
Atheism is a religion, just like "bald" is a hair color.
Atheism is a religion, just like "not collecting stamps" is a hobby.
Atheism is a religion, just like "not running" is a sport.

In summary, no, atheism is not a religion.
Atheism is the label used to actually describe the position of NOT following ANY religion.

Atheism is the belief that there can not be a Creator.

It's not

If you had evidence that there are no God, then it changes into a fact.

It's logically impossible to falsify the unfalsifiable.
It's also an attempt at shifting the burden of proof. Which is on you, the one who makes the positive claim.
My rejection of your claim is based on you failing to meet your burde of proof.

But at this stage it is exactly the same as someone believing there is a God.

It is not. Just like believing in undetactable gravity regulating pixies is not "exactly the same" as not believing in such pixies.