• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence For And Against Evolution

dad

Undefeated
Why haven't you then? The evidence for evolution is overwhelming and all you've offered is rather silly foot-stamping.

Doesn't really answer the question. You are basing your beliefs on blind faith (religion) and you seem to want to accuse others of doing the same (even when they aren't). Is your blind faith good or bad? If it's good, then how do the rest of us decide whose blind faith is true?

No. Doubly so when they're definitely long dead and possibly fictional.
The beliefs posed as science are what need defending here. Work on that.

dad

Undefeated
thank you for further demonstrating my point.

Now since you have done nothing but ignore all the evidence presented to you, why would I waste my time trying to convince someone who has no desire to learn?

The really weird thing about it is that you seem to be awfully proud of your willful ignorance.
Almost as though you think it some kind of ace in the hole.

Being so blissful probably has its advantages I suppose, but it is not something I understand.

Oh yeah, STILL waiting for you to present your evidence.
I hope you don't think that your crude neanderthalian attempts at distraction have worked.
To be clear you have posted zero evidence and refuse to post one piece of so called evidence you think is evidence. 0 for 0.

Astrophile

None you can post though. Convenient. Post one little single piece of said evidence. Until you do, we all have our own beliefs, thanks.

1. The varved sediments of the Green River Formation in the Western USA present a continuous record of 5 or 6 million annual layers.
2. The cumulative thickness of sedimentary rocks. Some of the geological systems (e.g. the Ordovician, the Devonian and the Cretaceous systems) have maximum known thicknesses of more than 10 km, and the Proterozoic Dalradian and Belt Supergroups have thicknesses of 23 km and 18 km respectively. At measured rates of deposition of sediments, these systems and supergroups must have taken tens of millions of years to deposit. Even in about 1860, geologists had concluded from measured deposition rates and sedimentary thicknesses that the Phanerozoic aeon had lasted about 100 million years.
3. Because blueschist facies rocks form at relatively low temperatures (T = 450°C±50°C) and very high pressures (P = 8±1 kbar), the chemical reactions that produce the metamorphic minerals of this facies (glaucophane, jadeite, etc.) are sluggish, and therefore the mineral crystals grow very slowly; they cannot have formed on a time-scale of less than 10,000 years. See Jonathan Sarfati .
4. Some rocks and minerals, e.g. obsidian, opal, tridymite and aragonite, are unstable and change into other substances over long periods of time. If the Earth was <10,000 years old, these minerals would not have had time to decay and would be found in rocks of all ages, but this is not the case. Obsidian is rarely found in rocks older than the Lower Miocene; the oldest known opal is Lower Cretaceous; and the oldest known aragonites are Lower Carboniferous. This is strong evidence that rocks that are known, on other grounds, to be old have had enough time for these unstable minerals to change into other substances, whereas rocks that are known to be younger have not had time to undergo these transformations.

That is four pieces of evidence, both that the Earth and its rocks are very old, and that the rocks were not all deposited at the same time. I could post at least ten more pieces of evidence, but I think that four should be enough.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So it requires something that you cannot provide. Post one single piece of evidence, don't worry about 'concept'.

No, I can provide evidence. The problem is that you do not understand what is and what is not evidence and so far you have refused to learn.

I promise that if you demonstrate that you understand the concept of evidence or if failing that let me help you to learn what is and what is not evidence, I will provide endless evidence for you.

dad

Undefeated
No, I can provide evidence. The problem is that you do not understand what is and what is not evidence and so far you have refused to learn.

I promise that if you demonstrate that you understand the concept of evidence or if failing that let me help you to learn what is and what is not evidence, I will provide endless evidence for you.
Sure you can. Yet we see you fail to provide one solitary piece. That is actually the thing.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Sure you can. Yet we see you fail to provide one solitary piece. That is actually the thing.
That is because you do not know what is and what is not evidence. The only thing that keeps you from being a liar when it comes to the concept of evidence is your inability to understand what is and what is not evidence.

Once again, when you are willing to demonstrate that you understand what is and what is not evidence, or failing that learn what is and what is not evidence, I will give you endless sources of evidence. Refusing to do so will be a tacit admission that you are wrong.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I would think this is a small picture that makes seeing what it trying to say hard. The theory of evolution is a belief. No evidence exists for it. The beliefs are just placed on to evidences. Period,
yup.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As usual you have it backward. The evidence came first, the interpretation came later.
Science follows evidence.

Seriously, it's a mystery to me how anyone could be unaware of at least some of the evidences of evolution.
The flat-Earthers make a stronger case.

: What's your evidence for magic poofing?
Can you please explain what a flat-earther believes?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
To be clear you have posted zero evidence and refuse to post one piece of so called evidence you think is evidence. 0 for 0.
Your Humpty Dumpty technique got old back in October of 2017.
Why you think it worked in the first place is beyond me.
Why you think it still works just boggles the mind.

dad

Undefeated
That is because you do not know what is and what is not evidence. The only thing that keeps you from being a liar when it comes to the concept of evidence is your inability to understand what is and what is not evidence.

Once again, when you are willing to demonstrate that you understand what is and what is not evidence, or failing that learn what is and what is not evidence, I will give you endless sources of evidence. Refusing to do so will be a tacit admission that you are wrong.
Still can't provide for us one single piece of evidence. No need to say more.

dad

Undefeated
Your Humpty Dumpty technique got old back in October of 2017.
Why you think it worked in the first place is beyond me.
Why you think it still works just boggles the mind.
When you were asked and failed to produce a SINGLE piece of evidence that was not faith based, we get this. Time you accepted defeat graciously.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
When you were asked and failed to produce a SINGLE piece of evidence that was not faith based, we get this. Time you accepted defeat graciously.
You have not presented a single thing other than your jumping up and down with your fingers in your ears yelling "la la la"....
So if that is all it takes for you to claim victory, you make the Pigeon Chess crowd look like experts in their field.
And you are overly proud of it to boot.....

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Still can't provide for us one single piece of evidence. No need to say more.
Please do not make false statements and use them as personal attacks. That is against the rules here. So is trolling. I gave you a reasonable condition.

Why are you so afraid to learn what is and what is not evidence? You seem to know that learning this would mean that you would know that your claims were false. It would mean that to make your claims you would have to openly lie. The excuse of ignorance would no longer work.