• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for a Creator God Who Likes Creating Things

thomas t

non-denominational Christian
Looks like question begging to me. What is the evidence that any of this was due to a creator?
a musician who really likes to create different pieces of music... creates much.
What he creates is a reflection of how he is as a person...
The music counts as evidence for a musician who likes his art.
I see an analogy to God here.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In my opinion there exists great evidence for a Creator God who loves creating things:
the great variety of life and landscapes on earth.
Landscapes keep changing and life can be found in all its forms.

Now all you need to do is provide evidence of god did it as opposed to natural processes did it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
In my opinion there exists great evidence for a Creator God who loves creating things:
Yes, many people, including many scientists, have felt the wonder of the variety - and yet order - of the universe suggests a creator. But that's a feeling, not evidence in any objective sense.

thomas t

Now all you need to do is provide evidence of god did it as opposed to natural processes did it.
the variety of landscapes is the evidence, as I see it. There is no necessity for landscapes in itself to have a great abundance of different forms.

thomas t

Yes, many people, including many scientists, have felt the wonder of the variety - and yet order - of the universe suggests a creator. But that's a feeling, not evidence in any objective sense.
a variety of things is not a feeling, Exchemist.
It's an objective phenomenon that exists.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
the variety of landscapes is the evidence, as I see it. There is no necessity for landscapes in itself to have a great abundance of different forms.

Entropy is the necessity. And it's only humanity who consider beauty in landscapes. They grow, nothing more. I see this as a natural process in the overall decay of the universe .

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
a musician who really likes to create different pieces of music... creates much.

So earthquakes, mudslides, tidal waves, ice ages, hurricanes, tornadoes, and other landscaping tools that cause death are evidence of a creator being that likes his art?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

But you haven't provided even the first hint of an argument that there is a god.

thomas t

Entropy is the necessity. And it's only humanity who consider beauty in landscapes. They grow, nothing more. I see this as a natural process in the overall decay of the universe .
had to look that up.
I don't think that entropy can explain the variety of landscapes.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
had to look that up.
I don't think that entropy can explain the variety of landscapes.

But a being who's existence has no objective evidence can...

At least we have objective evidence for the existence of entropy.

thomas t

That's still question begging (a circular argument). Even if the variety was a total mystery (which it isn't), you're just assuming your conclusion that it was deliberately created.
no, I depart from a situation that leaves it open if the world was created or not.
So there is nothing circular here, as I see it.
Variety is partially explainable already, I'm focussed on the unexplained part, here.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Your opinion is not evidence.

In my opinion you don't exist, so that is evidence for the fact that you don't exist.
That is an example of reductio ad absurdum. If opinions worked as evidence, then you don't exist in my opinion, right? Well, no.