• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EU Elections 2019

Altfish

Veteran Member
So when my party failed to get many votes we could declare that the will of the British people was that monkeys were fair game for a smack in the chops?

I can't believe you are so invested in your irrational position you are *actually* arguing that a random person starting a party about monkey face punching would turn a national general election into a single issue plebiscite on monkey face punching :D
I am arguing that The Brexit party had no manifesto, no other policies in this EU election.
By doing that they made it a one issue election.
Hence Remainers looked for parties that were clear that they opposed Brexit; in England that was Lib Dems, Green and Change UK.
I held my nose and voted Lib Dem

I am arguing that The Brexit party had no manifesto, no other policies in this EU election.
By doing that they made it a one issue election.
Hence Remainers looked for parties that were clear that they opposed Brexit; in England that was Lib Dems, Green and Change UK.
I held my nose and voted Lib Dem

And others voted Green because they care about the environment, and others voted Labour or Tory for whatever reason they chose as they didn't have a clear position on Brexit, and others voted SNP as they want Scottish independence or whatever else, and others voted Plaid Cymru as the want Welsh independence or whatever else. And 65% of people didn't vote at all as they didn't see any point in doing so in this particular parliamentary election.

Hence it wasn't a single issue election that demonstrated "the will of the people" on any specific issue and claiming that it was is inane.

Altfish

Veteran Member
And others voted Green because they care about the environment, and others voted Labour or Tory for whatever reason they chose as they didn't have a clear position on Brexit, and others voted SNP as they want Scottish independence or whatever else, and others voted Plaid Cymru as the want Welsh independence or whatever else. And 65% of people didn't vote at all as they didn't see any point in doing so in this particular parliamentary election.

Hence it wasn't a single issue election that demonstrated "the will of the people" on any specific issue and claiming that it was is inane.
OK, I'm inane

Notanumber

A Free Man
More news from the Peterborough by-election. According to the Express The Brexit Party candidate, Mike Greene, is reported to be looking at taking legal action against the Labour Party for using what he says is dirty tricks, deceit and lies. "Labour have just started spreading false news, if you like." He said, "There was a letter to constituents yesterday about me that was quite frankly a complete lie and I will address that legally." He also had a go at the Tories saying: "The Tories are saying it’s a two-horse race and it’s between them and Labour, there is zero evidence for that."

Also, for those that haven't heard, the private prosecution brought by Marcus Ball against Boris Johnson for misconduct in public office for the claim that the UK sent the EU £350 million a week, has been thrown out by the High Court.

Altfish

Veteran Member
More news from the Peterborough by-election. According to the Express The Brexit Party candidate, Mike Greene, is reported to be looking at taking legal action against the Labour Party for using what he says is dirty tricks, deceit and lies. "Labour have just started spreading false news, if you like." He said, "There was a letter to constituents yesterday about me that was quite frankly a complete lie and I will address that legally." He also had a go at the Tories saying: "The Tories are saying it’s a two-horse race and it’s between them and Labour, there is zero evidence for that."

Also, for those that haven't heard, the private prosecution brought by Marcus Ball against Boris Johnson for misconduct in public office for the claim that the UK sent the EU £350 million a week, has been thrown out by the High Court.

The hypocracy of Brexit in one foul swoop.
The honesty of the £350m a week bus; Turkey to join the EU, etc.
How can they have the bare-faced cheek to claim foul play

Sums them up

Notanumber

A Free Man
The hypocracy of Brexit in one foul swoop.
The honesty of the £350m a week bus; Turkey to join the EU, etc.
How can they have the bare-faced cheek to claim foul play

Sums them up

Fortunately, our courts are not crazy enough to support the Remoaners.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Tommy Robinson would have been the ultimate EU whistleblower.

What a missed opportunity to clean up the place before we left.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Postal votes are anti-democratic.

Why The Peterborough Investigation May Have Ended Already

Paul Rimmer: Lessons from Peterborough By-Election

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
Europe needs to clean up the mass corruption in the EU before we even look at the comparative minutiae.

Whataboutery. How about the people moan about corruption most (Leavers) don't a) engage in it themselves and; b) don't apologise for it when their side does it?

Farage: "The EU is corrupt! We should Brexit so we can do things better!"

proceeds to unrepentantly engage in corruption like he accuses the EU of doing.

Remainers: "..."

Quitlers: "Uhh, well, obviously it's different when he does it!"

Notanumber

A Free Man
Whataboutery. How about the people moan about corruption most (Leavers) don't a) engage in it themselves and; b) don't apologise for it when their side does it?

Farage: "The EU is corrupt! We should Brexit so we can do things better!"

proceeds to unrepentantly engage in corruption like he accuses the EU of doing.

Remainers: "..."

Quitlers: "Uhh, well, obviously it's different when he does it!"

It would seem that the Remainers are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

They managed to silence Tommy but it will not be so easy to silence Nigel.

Desperation leads to desperate measures but it is all water of a ducks back, similar to being called racists.

Darkforbid

There there is no good arguments for remaining in Europe. After a referendum ended with an exit decision. What you need to be asking remainers is why don't you believe in democracy?

Notanumber

A Free Man
There there is no good arguments for remaining in Europe. After a referendum ended with an exit decision. What you need to be asking remainers is why don't you believe in democracy?

If they believed in democracy, they would be desperate to leave the undemocratic EU.