• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EU Chief Calls For Open Borders

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It just means "national sentiment",
What is so great about that? Giving your preference towards an artificial border and a group of accidental occurrences rather than our species and the entire Earth?
Because there's a reason why Swedes are Nordics, Austrians are Alpines, and Italians are Mediterraneans. It's a natural process, involving genetics and climate. And we Europeans have preserved it for centuries.
That world is fading fast, and will not live much longer. Natural selection formed homogeneous groups when we didn't move around too much, but today even the poor are moving around further and faster than ever before. In just about 20 years people are more globally connected, and this increased globalization is going to turn our current concepts of the "state" into a relic of the past.
And we will keep doing that.
Eventually, it is inevitable that we will reach a point in which doing so will only slow down "progress" for a nation.

Jumi

I'd say it's the last burps and farts of of the EU just like the media smear campaigns in many countries against any anti-EU center or center right politicians that have a chance automatically become labeled far-right digging up the old Hitler/nazi boogeyman out of the closet because what upstanding European would vote for nazis? fortunately that ploy seems to have backfired.
Some of the criticism comes from center-left which doesn't make waves in the media.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Indeed, those who have least suffer most with the no borders approach. What the people on top gain, may turn out to be rather temporary as well. Unchecked aggressive multinational companies, large groups that maintain commonality come on top and make "new borders".

I have nothing against controlled immigration. If that's nationalist then so be it.

Precisely. Any European country is disposed to accept a manageable immigration. But this is absolutely not a manageable immigration. It is an exclusively an African immigration from Sub-Saharan Africa with very big, uncontrollable numbers. And the EU treats us Italians as if we were supposed to welcome all these immigrants, and that we should stand thefts, assaults, rapes silently.
No...Italians are really sick and tired of all this, and they will react.

Last edited:

Jumi

Most Europeans are "nationalist" in the sense that we accept as countryman everyone(and their children) who is willing to work for their place in society and doesn't intend harm on the society or do criminal acts. It doesn't matter to me if the person is from Ghana, Tibet or Saudi. I have friends who were born in Africa, the Americas, Near East who I consider Finnish... if someone says this is same as the Nazis then I ask them to open a book.

Ultimatum

Classical Liberal
Here is hoping!

Why are you positively thoroughgoing this?

Triggering Article 50 will be the beginning of our exit process.

Yes, if you determine that we won't be rejoining EFTA and abiding in the EEA.

At which point conventions with the EEA Council begin our exit process, with or without Art50.

How is it that "border control" is supposed to be a solution but yet "gun control" allegedly will never work? Americans should know damn well by now that if you built it--a wall--they will come and go under it.

What a dull piece of writing that is.

1) Guns saturate America beyond the point of return.
2) You have not qualified "gun control".

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
I care because I'm one of the 63% of Scots who voted to remain and no, the UK isn't out of the EU until we trigger Article 50 - which we have not yet done and probably won't do for the foreseeable future. Even then it'll take a good few years. Triggering Article 50 will be the beginning of our exit process.

Assuming Article 50 is triggered in due course and Brexit happens, what do you think the Scots will decide to do?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
1) Guns saturate America beyond the point of return.
Doesn't matter because many people say that criminals, who already don't care about breaking laws, will still get them. It is assumed not because of the massive presence of guns but because that there will always be illegal methods to get them (which is technically true even in Japan where legal guns are very rare and illegal guns are extremely rare) gun control will be a failure.
2) You have not qualified "gun control".
I didn't because it's outside of the scope of this thread. The point was if it's assumed gun control and bans will fail because criminals will still get them, why then is it not also assumed if there is a wall built that undocumented immigrants will find a detour, especially since their already exist an extensive tunnel network beneath the America/Mexico border (and probably even underneath the America/Canada border as well). Would it also not do an adequate job to increase enforcement of the laws we already have, which is the usual Right response when gun control comes up. It's a major logical inconsistency in their ideology.