• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternity in heaven?

chinu

chinu
Let's say that you end up in heaven for eternity, with the loved ones. How long it will be before they drive you insane? And what can you do anyway, since you're stuck there forever?
Continuity of receiving true "Love" from all around, and getting insane are the opposite ends.
Whenever one turns Insane, it understood that he/she is the victim of Un-love.

In most of the cases one is the victim of "Time" whereas Heaven is equal to "No-time"

This is difficult chapter to understand in "Time"
Un-presence of "Time" is another state of affair which is subject of getting experience, its not a study.

Last edited:

Mary Blackchurch

Free from Stockholm Syndrome
They stand upright, jaws wide open screaming in agony as the flames lick their bones, facing a blackened sky. As their flesh was destroyed long ago, their screams are silent. Just like the film, all that is heard from the millions of skeletons is the wind and the flames.

i know because i have seen it, years before the film came out.

So you had a high fever. It happens.

Soul = Body + Spirit so spirits are immortal and can never be destroyed.

What is the spirit? If these things are immortal and can never be destroyed, where was your spirit before you were born? You answer sounds more Buddhist than Christian.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You should look up at night and realize that it all didn't just come about by an accident!

Accident?
Hmm...not how I think of it at all. But I guess you look up and imagine how incredibly far-sighted God was to put the stars in place billions and billions of years before humans existed purely so by the time the light reached earth, you'd have a pretty backdrop.

OurCreed

There is no God but Allah
If living in such a place can eventually drive people to insanity, it cannot be called heaven or paradise.

soma

John Kuykendall
Don't be judging and hating on other people because you only keep yourself from heaven the heaven that exist in the now. Heaven exist now and if you are not there then you are in hell. It starts with unconditional love and with love you grow yourself to heaven. If you don't have unconditional love then heaven is hell. One does not go to heaven one will be in heaven if one is in heaven today. God bless you and may your soul laugh in heaven.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yeah. So how's that sense of humour working for you.

But you're right. I should become a Muslim. I don't want eternal punishment.

I believe that is a non-sequitur. One could avoid eternal punishment by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior but there is no guarantee for Muslims.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Don't be judging and hating on other people because you only keep yourself from heaven the heaven that exist in the now. Heaven exist now and if you are not there then you are in hell. It starts with unconditional love and with love you grow yourself to heaven. If you don't have unconditional love then heaven is hell. One does not go to heaven one will be in heaven if one is in heaven today. God bless you and may your soul laugh in heaven.

I believe none of that comes from the Bible so you must have thought it up.

I believe I have never seen any evidence of this.

I do not believe this. I am now in the body and neither in Hell nor Heaven. It is possible for my spiritual state to reflect one or the other and that seems more pertinent to what you are saying.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Let's say that you end up in heaven for eternity, with the loved ones. How long it will be before they drive you insane? And what can you do anyway, since you're stuck there forever?

Don't worry, I hear they have some really god medication in heaven. Angels just zap your brain until you are feeling happy again.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe that is a non-sequitur. One could avoid eternal punishment by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior but there is no guarantee for Muslims.

You may have missed my point. Pascal's Wager is a nonsense as soon as you consider that there are multiple faiths promising punishment for nonbelievers.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Don't worry, I hear they have some really god medication in heaven. Angels just zap your brain until you are feeling happy again.

I believe there is no brain in Heaven and I wouldn't make bets on angels being in Heaven although it is quite likely they are in the heavens. I believe ones thinking in Heaven is limited to good things.