• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternity in heaven?

confused453

Let's say that you end up in heaven for eternity, with the loved ones. How long it will be before they drive you insane? And what can you do anyway, since you're stuck there forever?

Tumah

Veteran Member
I'm only guessing really.. That it's a place where the dead go, if they "believe" in God and Jesus, or their counterparts.
But what are you guessing? I mean, is there a sky in heaven? Is there a ground? Do you have to go shopping to buy you'r favorite pair of sneakers? What's this heaven look like to you?

Tumah

Veteran Member
Why don't you tell me what, you think or know, heaven is?
I'm not the one making the OP. You asked a question based on some understanding of what heaven is, but you didn't clarify what that is. Do you think all religions' concept of heaven are the same? Your question is obviously based off of a specific heaven concept. Maybe it would help if you explained what that is so the people who share that understanding will be able to give you the answer you're looking for.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Well, shouldn't it be the same? Are there multiple heavens then?
I guess you're right. Since all the various religions are really just one monolithic entity sharing the same concepts, beliefs and values, it makes sense that they should all view heaven the same way.

Tumah

Veteran Member
God/Brahman has more creative emanations in finite forms with no memory that they are the All/One. We are experiencing as new right now, aren't we?
Is that conservation of energy? Does Brahman need you to reintegrate in order to produce more emanations?

confused453

God/Brahman has more creative emanations in finite forms with no memory that they are the All/One. We are experiencing as new right now, aren't we?
I don't know. Some people don't believe in God. Why should I trust in people who believe, instead of those who don't?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know. Some people don't believe in God. Why should I trust in people who believe, instead of those who don't?
You answer your own question since you state that "religion... is wrong". So you're making a statement in the form of a question. a rhetorical question - a popular literary device.

User14

Eternity in heaven would be eternal bliss. What would that bliss be like? I don't know, because there's no bliss that can be experienced on earth that is eternal. There's nothing to compare it to. It's a mystery. You won't understand it until (or unless) you experience it.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Heaven is symbolized by Noah after the flood, He planted a vineyard and got drunk. When you go to heaven you "enter into Gods rest" . I'm pretty sure you drink and sing songs a lot. Jesus is going to drink then. He says " I will not drink any more wine until I come into my kingdom", safe to say it's implied there will be a party and a lot of wine. Maybe beer, I don't know.

Rapha

**** heaven.
Hell seems far more appealing.
Have you ever experienced what the word infinity feels like when it works in tandem with 'despair', 'misery', 'sadness', 'agony' in either hell ?

Lets just say, your physical body will be dust in seconds and you will be screaming in agony for eternity in the Lake of Fire. Surprisingly, the film 'Constantine' with Keanu Reeves is very close to the lake. There is a interesting reason why all that is heard in the Lake, is the wind and the flames.