• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternal hell or annihillation make no sense

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Why?

Because or actions and sins is finitive. Infinitive punishment for finitive sins is not just.

God is loving and just. So my conclusion is that eternal hell or annhilation of the soul do not exist. That is my belief

What is your thoughts about this?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm just curious to your thoughts on whether mass murder is a finitive or infinitive action.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
When it comes to the otherworlds, human logic and reason often and routinely do not apply. As such, I consider no possibility beyond consideration. If anything, I consider all possibilities to be real and actual in the grand scheme of the infinite multiverse. Which of these infinite possibilities applies to a human, specifically, is an open question.

Why?

Because or actions and sins is finitive. Infinitive punishment for finitive sins is not just.

God is loving and just. So my conclusion is that eternal hell or annhilation of the soul do not exist. That is my belief

Bible tells eternal life is for righteous and others are destroyed. I think it is ok, because if evil people would be allowed to live eternally, they would make life eternal suffering for all.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Matt. 25:46
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23
Don’t be afraid of those who kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul. Rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Gehenna [hell].
Matt. 10:28

No one has done anything to deserve even a short life, so I don't think it is unfair, if God gives only a short life for some and I think everyone has the chance for the same.

Ignatius A

Why?

How did you come to the conclusion that our actions and sins are finitive?

People arent in hell simply because they've sinned. If they were the case we'd all be in hell. People in hell choose to be there. Heaven would be hell form people who don't want to be there.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
People arent in hell simply because they've sinned. If they were the case we'd all be in hell. People in hell choose to be there. Heaven would be hell form people who don't want to be there.
I agree that people are not in hell because they sinned, since we are all sinners.
I also agree that heaven would be hell for people who don't want to be in heaven.

According to my beliefs hell is separation from God and heaven is nearness to God.
Whether or not people choose to be separated from God is another matter, and it is not a simple matter since free will is not simple.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Why?

So is banning people forever from the Garden of Eden for one mistake but it was done.

Ignatius A

I agree that people are not in hell because they sinned, since we are all sinners.
I also agree that heaven would be hell for people who don't want to be in heaven.

According to my beliefs hell is separation from God and heaven is nearness to God.
Whether or not people choose to be separated from God is another matter, and it is not a simple matter since free will is not simple.
In agree hell is separation from God and heaven is being with God.

Free will may not be simple but it's not very complicated. Sin would separate us from God. Sin requires an act of the will, mean it's a conscious decision to do wrong. If I find a $20 bill on the sidewalk I can put it in my pocket thats not stealing. If however I see it fall out of someone pocket and I wait until they are gone and they pick it up, that stealing. I knew who it belonged to and hose to keep it. That's stealing. Not simple but not at all complicated.

Ignatius A

So is banning people forever from the Garden of Eden for one mistake but it was done.
So what is the acceptable number of times we can disobey before punishment should be meted out?

BTW Moses too was not allowed into the promised land with the Israelites because he disobeyed God. Choices have consequences.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Time is a format God uses. It doesn't mean our crimes are actually finite, since we are connected to the eternal being. Light of eternality has been mixed with that of time. Our intention is also created through actions and those action by previous actions. The state we die in before death given that the death was a pressure cooker matters. Just because the time is finite, doesn't say the intention doesn't deserve either forever reward or forever punishment.

And our time is not the same as it appears to God and Angels in the hidden world. They bring up our actions and assess every moment and descend and ascend and descend and ascend, with each day of ours, thousands of years with them.

There are battle for souls every day between Devils of Jinn and Imam of time and Angels under Imam do as he commands them. Imam of time call and cry will only be heard fully in truth on day of judgment. Till that it's subtle, and we choose to tune into his call to God or Satanic.

Those who ran from God to the cursed tree and die upon that, there's nothing that can be done to reform them and they deserve forever punishment.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Free will may not be simple but it's not very complicated. Sin would separate us from God. Sin requires an act of the will, mean it's a conscious decision to do wrong. If I find a $20 bill on the sidewalk I can put it in my pocket thats not stealing. If however I see it fall out of someone pocket and I wait until they are gone and they pick it up, that stealing. I knew who it belonged to and hose to keep it. That's stealing. Not simple but not at all complicated.
I agree with all of what you said about free will. In certain cases it is simple, but it is not as simple when it comes to choosing to believe in God or not.

But people are not in hell because they sinned, since we are all sinners.
I don't know your beliefs. Are you saying that sin does not separate us from God is we are saved by the cross sacrifice of Jesus?

Ignatius A

I agree with all of what you said about free will. In certain cases it is simple, but it is not as simple when it comes to choosing to believe in God or not.

But people are not in hell because they sinned, since we are all sinners.
I don't know your beliefs. Are you saying that sin does not separate us from God is we are saved by the cross sacrifice of Jesus?
I think its simpler than people want to make it out to be. Saying it's complicated can be used as a cop out to doing what's right but doing the right thing is often complicated and hard.

No sin definitely separates us from God. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross makes salvation available to us.

Colt

Why?

People who reject God have no place to go in Gods economy! The wages of sin is death.

idea

Question Everything
I do not believe in hell, but death penalty or not - perhaps a similar question.

There are forgivable mistakes rooted in ignorance that can be rectified through understanding, remorse, and appropriate measures of restitution - errors that are not considered irreparable or malicious.

There are also deliberate, heinous acts which show a profound disregard for human life and wellbeing. I do support the death penalty for extreme cases of mental illness and depravity.

Ignatius A

I do not believe in hell, but death penalty or not - perhaps a similar question.

There are forgivable mistakes rooted in ignorance that can be rectified through understanding, remorse, and appropriate measures of restitution - errors that are not considered irreparable or malicious.

There are also deliberate, heinous acts which show a profound disregard for human life and wellbeing. I do support the death penalty for extreme cases of mental illness and depravity.
I do believe in hell and people who made mistakes don't go to hell. People who consciously do wrong can and do but mercy is a available.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
So what is the acceptable number of times we can disobey before punishment should be meted out?

BTW Moses too was not allowed into the promised land with the Israelites because he disobeyed God. Choices have consequences.
@Starlight claim was eternal punishment doesn't exist. I was just pointing out that a God that:

Kicks two people out of Eden forever and punishes all there kin for one mistake

Destroys all of Sodom and Gomora and turns the wife into salt

Destroys the whole world animals and people with water.

Even his son states if you commit a sin with you hand, you best cut it off.

I could go on but you get the jist

This God has no problem with infinite torture in hell for sinners

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
@Starlight claim was eternal punishment doesn't exist. I was just pointing out that a God that:

Kicks two people out of Eden forever and punishes all there kin for one mistake

Destroys all of Sodom and Gomora and turns the wife into salt

Destroys the whole world animals and people with water.

Even his son states if you commit a sin with you hand, you best cut it off.

I could go on but you get the jist

This God has no problem with infinite torture in hell for sinners
Do you really believe all of that? :rolleyes: