• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End times, Now?

may

Elvendon said:
Didn't he also say that all the end-times things would happen before (his) current generation would be spent? Which puts a spanner in the works :sarcastic
when Jesus said ......this generation will by no means pass away ,......he was refering to the sort of generation that would be around at the time , it would be a generation of people who were crooked and twisted , with bad attitudes who would not recognize Jesus and what he represented. just the same way that in Jesus day the nation as a whole did not recognize Jesus as Gods representative. but of coarse there were individuals from the nation that did recogonize him as Gods son . it is the same today, the generation that is around today do not recognize Jesus kingship in 1914, especially the religious leaders who claim to represent him

may

Elvendon said:
Nifty... but did anything of note relating to Christ actually *happen* in 1914? A new denomination? Anything?

All I seem to remember is the First World War starting up, and that doesn't seem to be a birth of the Prince of Peace...
the first thing that Jesus did when he was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment was to kick out the rebels
So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. revelation 12;9-10 that is why since 1914 conditions on the earth have become even worse. As you say , 1914 was the first world war and since then we have seen all of the things that jesus said would happen in the time of the end. Satan knows that he has a short period of time left on the earth before he is put out of the way for 1000 years . then Gods heavenly kingdom goverment can rule with no rebels around anymore...............
On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time." revelation 12;12

Elvendon

Mystical Tea Dispenser
may said:
the first thing that Jesus did when he was made king of Gods heavenly kingdom goverment was to kick out the rebels
So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. revelation 12;9-10 that is why since 1914 conditions on the earth have become even worse. As you say , 1914 was the first world war and since then we have seen all of the things that jesus said would happen in the time of the end. Satan knows that he has a short period of time left on the earth before he is put out of the way for 1000 years . then Gods heavenly kingdom goverment can rule with no rebels around anymore...............
On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time." revelation 12;12

Now THAT is darn clever :)

We still have the thousand years though... any eta on them?

may

Elvendon said:
Now THAT is darn clever :)

We still have the thousand years though... any eta on them?
lol .... it will take that long for me to learn how to be perfect:) but i am now putting myself on the side of Jesus and Jehovah God and i am waving my symbolic palm branch to welcome Jesus as the king that his father has put on the throne, as many others from all nations are doing
After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was, able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb." revelation 7;9-10 yes there will come a time very shortly now ,when Jehovah will tell Jesus to go into action , but before he does that he wants everyone to hear the GOODNEWS about this established heavenly kingdom.
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come. matthew 24;14
(Mark 13:10) Also, in all the nations the good news has to be preached first......... when the GOODNEWS has been preached to Jehovahs satisfaction then the day of Jehovah will be upon us . so NOW is the time to seek Jehovah before ....that day ...comes upon all of the inhabited earth
"Seek Jehovah . . . Seek righteousness, seek meekness. Probably you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah’s anger."—ZEPHANIAH 2:3. the reason it says probably is because it is up to us weather we conceal ourselves or not.
for then there will be great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again. matthew 24;21 i am concealing myself by putting myself on the side of Jehovah and his reigning king Jesus christ. to be meek means to be teachable , so i am trying my best to be taught by Jehovah God and his son Jesus christ. at the end of the thousand year reign when Jesus has done his job of bringing the earth back to perfection . he will hand the kingdom back to his father Jehovah God
Next, the end, when he hands over the kingdom to his God and Father, when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone .....1 corinthians15;24-28 yes even thou satan is not yet out of the way , i am putting myself on the right side , as it is the only means of salvation.

blackout

Violet.
Life is a microcosm of itself.
Everything happens in every generation,
certainly and AT LEAST allegorically.

And things always have more than one potential meaning.

Though I know someone who is keen on their own pre-scribed meaning
will come along shortly and tell me I'm wrong.

That's always how it goes.
In every generation, without fail.

eccentricjdo

Eclectic Intelectual
we have been living in the time of the end since 1914 , according to Bible.[/ QUOTE]

Translation: Read "The Bible Code"

I needn't point out that "... know one knows the day or the hour." Especially not Russel!

Of course, one *could* argue that Jesus was speaking strictly in the present tense, implying that some dude named Charles Russel would eventually figure it out.

However, Jesus was an Aramaic speaker. There is no past, nor present, nor future tense in Aramaic and Hebrew.

Heneni

Miss Independent
Everything before christ, was the beginning
Everything after christ, is the end

After the end of the end comes a new beginning...new heaven and a new earth.

The earth has been destroyed at least once before, but i think it could be more

Before genesis started, the earth was covered with water....that earth was destroyed by water

This one will be destroyed by fire (heat)

I think it was the egyptians that wrote about our planet being hit by another, so then it was destroyed by rock

So we have,......water, fire, rock, whats the other elements, i think there are five, depending on dao, japanese, paganism...they all have their five elements of earth.

heneni

.lava

Veteran Member
The end times are said to be happening now. I often see posts that say something like "in these end times". How do we know that we are living in the end times. In the sense that the bible foretold. I know we are living in the days after Jesus but does that make it the end times?

hi :)
it is very obvious because, as a Muslim, people had many hadiths about end times. in last decades most of them became true. that is strange because many of hadiths were not even understood. i mean telling someone that time would be shorter is one thing, experiencing it is another. if i did not experience that i guess i could not understand what it meant.

Shaiva

Shaiva
there are very little signs to verify that the end is hear or near. we are meant to live our lives with god and not really worry about the end times. in the bible it says that the end times will come when we least expect it. we dont know when it will happen or if it is happening. the time will come when the time comes.

Heneni

Miss Independent
there are very little signs to verify that the end is hear or near. we are meant to live our lives with god and not really worry about the end times. in the bible it says that the end times will come when we least expect it. we dont know when it will happen or if it is happening. the time will come when the time comes.

I agree we should not be worried about the end times...but i cant gaurentee that the rest of the world shouldnt worry. Those that live without god should be worried but they are not.

The world will never 'act' right because they are not aware of impending danger but rather like they laughed at noah, so do they the end of the world.

There has been many people who have predicted the end of the world. Im sure the first scare got more people sitting on the edge of their seat, but as it is now...no one takes any of these scares seriously anymore. They have blown out a huge sigh...and that is when jesus comes back. Just when you think its all a joke, or when you think he is not coming back at all.

Personally i believe that the end is about four years away. But i dont expect anybody to take that seriously. As long as i'm ready.

dan b

The end times ended at the end of the last century.(see Hebrew and Christian timekeeping) As of 2000AD wer'e in the millinnium. The Rev.18 smoke showed that. Now if your in the E.U. your troubles are over. But the Serpent(survival of the fittest attitude) stalks the rest for 1000 years.Rev.20;1,2 The non Christian countries are "the pit." sorry. dan b

hollyfaye

The end times are said to be happening now. I often see posts that say something like "in these end times". How do we know that we are living in the end times. In the sense that the bible foretold. I know we are living in the days after Jesus but does that make it the end times?

The end-times consists of 70 years of which Christ shall return after the 69th year. That 70 year timeline commenced with the reestablishment of the nation of Israel in 1948....which means that Christ should return to earth around the year 2017. (Daniel 9:24,25)

Truth&Hope

Jesus Freak
Yes, I believe we are in “ end of days!” Here’s the best part:
You get to decide where you want to spend eternity!

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This attack on Israel will mark an important milestone in the End Times judgement of planetary humanity.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I decide by how much of the world is in peril.