• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elmer Gantry Gone Orange?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
So, how low can this guy go? Now, the great real estate mogul is hawking Bibles? This guy, who couldn't even name a bit of the Bible that he particularly liked, has turned his grift towards selling a Bible that he says is "endorsed by me." And so glad it contains the text of the Constitution -- you know, that document that Trump wants to tear up.

WASHINGTON – While seeking money to finance his campaign and pay his legal bills, Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday began hawking a unique product: the Bible.
Posting a sales video on his Truth Social platform, Trump said: "Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible."
Trump's partner in this venture is musician Lee Greenwood, whose anthem "God Bless The USA" opens Trump's political rallies.
The God Bless The USA Bible – at $59.99 – includes the U.S. Constitution, the amendments that make up the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and a "handwritten chorus" to "God Bless The USA."

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So, how low can this guy go? Now, the great real estate mogul is hawking Bibles? This guy, who couldn't even name a bit of the Bible that he particularly liked, has turned his grift towards selling a Bible that he says is "endorsed by me." And so glad it contains the text of the Constitution -- you know, that document that Trump wants to tear up.

WASHINGTON – While seeking money to finance his campaign and pay his legal bills, Former President Donald Trump on Tuesday began hawking a unique product: the Bible.
Posting a sales video on his Truth Social platform, Trump said: "Happy Holy Week! Let’s Make America Pray Again. As we lead into Good Friday and Easter, I encourage you to get a copy of the God Bless The USA Bible."
Trump's partner in this venture is musician Lee Greenwood, whose anthem "God Bless The USA" opens Trump's political rallies.
The God Bless The USA Bible – at $59.99 – includes the U.S. Constitution, the amendments that make up the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Pledge of Allegiance and a "handwritten chorus" to "God Bless The USA."

Centuries from now, people will refer to the President Trump Version of the Bible much like people refer to the King James Version today. It can be interspersed with casual references to God blessing America - and they could probably throw in stories like George Washington and the Cherry Tree and things like that.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I guess he could also sell Trump The Game, which retails for $120 on Amazon

91HIAyJ6-bL._AC_SY879_.jpg

That tag line sums it up right there: "It's not whether you win or lose, but whether you win!"

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ

As far as grifts go, this one is actually really smart. Just copy and paste the king James version of the Bible and Americas founding documents and charge a grossly inflated price that's not so grossly inflated that it's not affordable for the average MAGA person. No effort involved outside of a letter on the first few pages, and voila

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As far as grifts go, this one is actually really smart. Just copy and paste the king James version of the Bible and Americas founding documents and charge a grossly inflated price that's not so grossly inflated that it's not affordable for the average MAGA person. No effort involved outside of a letter on the first few pages, and voila
And also smart enough to know that there are lots of people stupid enough to fall for it.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Now, the great real estate mogul is hawking Bibles? This guy, who couldn't even name a bit of the Bible that he particularly liked, has turned his grift towards selling a Bible that he says is "endorsed by me."
He wants to sell books? Why get inflamed about that?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Look on the bright side.

He's not hawking apocalyptic food buckets like Jim Bakker.

Eww...

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
He wants to sell books? Why get inflamed about that?

As a Christian, it doesn't bother you that Donald Trump is trying to profit off of the Bible?

For me, it's another example of him using religion for selfish purposes. Also, the Bìble includes a copy of the Constitution and other things like the Pledge of Allegiance. This is another example of the MAGA movement being rooted in Christian Nationalism.

Unfettered

As a Christian, it doesn't bother you that Donald Trump is trying to profit off of the Bible?
No.
For me, it's another example of him using religion for selfish purposes. Also, the Bìble includes a copy of the Constitution and other things like the Pledge of Allegiance. This is another example of the MAGA movement being rooted in Christian Nationalism.
I can see why someone fearful of the CN movement would be bothered by the coupling there.

Unfettered

Are you not fearful of the "CN movement"?
Because I understand and value the truth, I am not fearful of any movement. That being said, I am mindful of the civic ignorance of many of my fellow citizens, and am aware that competition among ignoramuses poses a real threat to society. I mean that seriously and sincerely; it's not intended to be funny or insulting.

So I won't single out Christian Nationalists as a cause for greater alarm than other civically ignorant factions or individuals.

Last edited: