• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Electricity ?

james blunt

Yep. I gave a presentation on this when I was 12. It is the *beginning* of relativity, not the endpoint.

But in the video, there is no length contraction in the y-direction. Look up the Fitzgerald contraction and how it works.

When you do, you might also look up Lorentz transformations. They are relevant here also.

The only parlor trick here is that you have convinced yourself of nonsense.

No it is a parlour trick, Have the spaceships touching, no space between them , no contraction, it is a parlour trick, both spaceships are travelling along x, x does not alter in length , it is a parlour trick . You have all been fooled by the trick .

james blunt

Look, parlour trick revealed ,

time dilation.jpg

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
No it is a parlour trick, Have the spaceships touching, no space between them , no contraction, it is a parlour trick, both spaceships are travelling along x, x does not alter in length , it is a parlour trick . You have all been fooled by the trick .

Which again only shows you don't understand what was being said. The light was only used as a way of motivating an explanation of the length contraction. The truer way to get there is to use the Lorentz transformations. Since those transformations are derived from symmetries in the Maxwell equations, you might want to look at them also.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I
Nobody discusses my ideas, they would rather say I am delusional in response. Science is always telling me I am wrong, you could not imagine how confusing this can be, my mind knows I am right, science tells me I am wrong, I have my own paradox to deal with.
If you're mind tells you you're right and scientific evidence says you're wrong, there are known efficacious methods for helping you resolve the paradox. Have you spoken to your doctor about these ideas?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I have already shown and provided the dimensional analysis of time dilation and shown the analysis . This data analysis revealing flaws in the concept.

t = t' as shown .

That isn't evidence. It isn't even speculation.

Show us actual, physical evidence. Not just a brain burp.

james blunt

That isn't evidence. It isn't even speculation.

Show us actual, physical evidence. Not just a brain burp.

Really my evidence is not evidence?

Then can you provide evidence of time dilation without using the same though experiment and length contraction?

I am using the same evidence you use to prove it , to disprove it.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member

Then can you provide evidence of time dilation without using the same though experiment and length contraction?

Thought experiments are not evidence.

Yes, time dilation is shown via the decays of muons made in the upper atmosphere by cosmic rays. These muons move at relativistic speeds, so can reach the ground before they decay. Without the time dilation, they wouldn't.

We can also look at the decay times of other particles in accelerators, which get these particles up to relativistic speeds. The actual measurements of decay times agree with the computations based on relativity.

We have actually measured time dilations for slower speeds by taking atomic clocks up into airplanes. Two atomic clocks that are initially synchronized will be out of sync after the flight due to time dilation effects.

Also, GPS signals need to take into account time dilation to get the timing signals correct.

These are actual, physically observed effects. Not just thought experiments.

And a real experiment will trump a thought experiment any day of the week.

james blunt

Thought experiments are not evidence.

Yes, time dilation is shown via the decays of muons made in the upper atmosphere by cosmic rays. These muons move at relativistic speeds, so can reach the ground before they decay. Without the time dilation, they wouldn't.

We can also look at the decay times of other particles in accelerators, which get these particles up to relativistic speeds. The actual measurements of decay times agree with the computations based on relativity.

We have actually measured time dilations for slower speeds by taking atomic clocks up into airplanes. Two atomic clocks that are initially synchronized will be out of sync after the flight due to time dilation effects.

Also, GPS signals need to take into account time dilation to get the timing signals correct.

These are actual, physically observed effects. Not just thought experiments.

And a real experiment will trump a thought experiment any day of the week.

So you are providing broken clocks has evidence?

Without the Lorentz contractions there is no support for your subjective claims. You now have to show a length contraction , good luck with that .

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
So you are providing broken clocks has evidence?

Without the Lorentz contractions there is no support for your subjective claims. You now have to show a length contraction , good luck with that .

Nope. They are NOT broken. That is the whole point. They operate perfectly well in all locations. But they differ in their results because of time dilation.

Length contraction can be shown by the detailed amount of a Doppler shift: the length contraction adds a bit to the wavelength change.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

I have already shown and provided the dimensional analysis of time dilation and shown the analysis . This data analysis revealing flaws in the concept.

t = t' as shown .
As @Polymath said, idle musings are not evidence. Show us your experimental, replicable evidence, otherwise what you have is not scientific.

Kangaroo Feathers

Time dilation has been observed in replicable, practical experiments, sorry.