• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election 2016 fear list

esmith

Veteran Member
You know progressives are for Liberty right? You hear all the liberties trump and his guy want to take. They want a wall, are we China and Germany now?
I think you misspoke. What you meant to say was that they are only for the liberties they agree with. Correct?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
And to be fair, Clinton is not a progressive.
How so?
I'd say she's a "less-than-good-&-honorable progressive", but a progressive nonetheless.
She wants to raise taxes, increase regulation, grow government, provide more largesse to the little people, etc.

idav

Being
Premium Member
I think you misspoke. What you meant to say was that they are only for the liberties they agree with. Correct?
We have the most restrictions out of any "free" country in the world. And even they don't mind a little gun control. That's the big one I hear from the right, "don't take my guns", nobody want to take your guns.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
How so?
I'd say she's a "less-than-good-&-honorable progressive", but a progressive nonetheless.
She wants to raise taxes, increase regulation, grow government, provide more largesse to the little people, etc.
I think it is understood by most people that Bernie had to push her into positions like increasing minimum wage, free (or at least affordable) university education, and not supporting TPP.

Like anyone you can pick parts of her views that seem progressive, but overall she is way too much of a corporatist to have that label.

But if you want to call her a progressive that will make a lot of people feel better about supporting her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think it is understood by most people that Bernie had to push her into positions like increasing minimum wage, free (or at least affordable) university education, and not supporting TPP.

Like anyone you can pick parts of her views that seem progressive, but overall she is way too much of a corporatist to have that label.

But if you want to call her a progressive that will make a lot of people feel better about supporting her.
I don't call her a "progressive".
While I think she technically fits the label, she is as you say, & also more authoritarian.
So it's not a label I'd actively use for her.
What would you call her?

idav

Being
Premium Member
Her votes are bit different than a corporatist, but yeah she tends to feel the need to compromise.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Hill Hill is about as progressive as a cancerous tumor.