• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egypt's President Mursi assumes sweeping powers

jazzymom

Just Jewish
I am not talking about the peace-treaty i was talking about these statements:

Thats why i also brought for a stupid ''comment'' and do you honestly belief Israel is interested in a peace-treaty? Hahaha Good One!

Now tell me with all honesty what is worse the Patriot Act or Morsi?

Morsi, and the Muslim brotherhood

Hamas

All connected and terrorists.

Egypt will have a dictatorship when Morsi is done doing away with any oversight.

One can only hope that when a Islamist dictatorship is in place my country will pull the plug on any money it send to Egypt.

If Israel was not interested in maintaining the treaty when the Sinai started filling up with terror groups that kept crossing the border to carry out terror on Israeli soil it would have moved to take back the Sinai.

But it didn't, in fact it worked with Egypt to get it under control.

I think Israel has shown great restraint but I know you hate Israel, Israelis and Jews.

F0uad

Morsi, and the Muslim brotherhood

Hamas

All connected and terrorists.

Egypt will have a dictatorship when Morsi is done doing away with any oversight.

One can only hope that when a Islamist dictatorship is in place my country will pull the plug on any money it send to Egypt.

If Israel was not interested in maintaining the treaty when the Sinai started filling up with terror groups that kept crossing the border to carry out terror on Israeli soil it would have moved to take back the Sinai.

But it didn't, in fact it worked with Egypt to get it under control.

I think Israel has shown great restraint but I know you hate Israel, Israelis and Jews.
This is not even worth replying to. Your fellow Jewish brothers and sisters on this forum know that i don't hate Jews but yes i do hate the government of Israel and its policies. Israel has to restrain itself before Egypt stops the natural-gas pipe-line that reaches Israel across the Sinai desert and restrain on who? What did the Egyptians do, is Israel going to bomb them also for no reason?

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
:rolleyes: Well if you belief so..
The only thing i am pointing out is that Western people are just hypocrites when they are pointing fingers at Egypt when most of the time there government is much worse.

OK,name a President or Prime Minister that has assumed sweeping powers of a dictator in the big bad west,and as a bonus one that has written his own constitution.

F0uad

Thats obvious,all your replies are about the BIG BAD WEST and how so much worse they are than Morsi and the MB,i think its quite clear what "Maybe it's not about them?" means.
I never made a assumption that the West is Bad those are your words. I personally find it very ignorant to dismiss one and let the other one go free we have to equal and measure things up before coming to a conclusion don't you think?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I never made a assumption that the West is Bad those are your words. I personally find it very ignorant to dismiss one and let the other one go free we have to equal and measure things up before coming to a conclusion don't you think?

What other conclusion should i come to?,i'd be interested in hearing it.

apophenia

OK,name a President or Prime Minister that has assumed sweeping powers of a dictator in the big bad west,and as a bonus one that has written his own constitution.

Well, Cheney and Rumsfeld (and their braindead stooge G.W.Shrub) made a serious attempt to make the office of President more like an Emperor.

They didn't get as far as declaring a dictatorship, but they were certainly heading as far in that direction as they could get away with. And they came disturbingly close in some respects...

The PATRIOT Act, the extraordinary renditions, the obvious attempt to persuade the people that the Presidency required much more sweeping powers beyond the purview of the established legal system - these were very worrying moves.

More worrying - they had a lot of support from the press, enough to whitewash the crime of the century.

Maybe they didn't make America a dictatorship, but their scheme did costs hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives.

Something I mentioned very early in this thread - Hilary Clinton was in Egypt in talks with Mursi two days before he announced his 'sweeping powers'.

And now the US is supplying Egypt with a lot of firepower - ostensibly to protect the Egyptians from 'outside forces'. ( Such as ? ) But if the upcoming election gets out of hand, it will be American armaments which are used by Mursi to suppress the people.

So whatever Mursi and Hilary discussed, Mursi's subsequent moves have not discouraged the US from arming him.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
That Morsi is not worse then the Western politicians.

For the most part i would agree,many politicians produce large amounts of verbal diarrhea, whether they are good or bad depends very much on what they are allowed to get away with and currently in Egypt the people are not going to let Morsi and the MB get away with replacing a bad regime with another equally bad regime.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well, Cheney and Rumsfeld (and their braindead stooge G.W.Shrub) made a serious attempt to make the office of President more like an Emperor.

They didn't get as far as declaring a dictatorship, but they were certainly heading as far in that direction as they could get away with. And they came disturbingly close in some respects...

The PATRIOT Act, the extraordinary renditions, the obvious attempt to persuade the people that the Presidency required much more sweeping powers beyond the purview of the established legal system - these were very worrying moves.

More worrying - they had a lot of support from the press, enough to whitewash the crime of the century.

Maybe they didn't make America a dictatorship, but their scheme did costs hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives.

Something I mentioned very early in this thread - Hilary Clinton was in Egypt in talks with Mursi two days before he announced his 'sweeping powers'.

And now the US is supplying Egypt with a lot of firepower - ostensibly to protect the Egyptians from 'outside forces'. ( Such as ? ) But if the upcoming election gets out of hand, it will be American armaments which are used by Mursi to suppress the people.

So whatever Mursi and Hilary discussed, Mursi's subsequent moves have not discouraged the US from arming him.

If they are arming them still that is definately a stupid thing to do considering the government on the recieving end are basically a bunch of thugs,still,to someone like slick Dick Cheney that may not be a problem.

F0uad

For the most part i would agree,many politicians produce large amounts of verbal diarrhea, whether they are good or bad depends very much on what they are allowed to get away with and currently in Egypt the people are not going to let Morsi and the MB get away with replacing a bad regime with another equally bad regime.
So you think the MB and Morsi are the same as Mubarak? I don't even a credible opposition would agree with that statement. Since you agree that the west also has corrupted and bad politicians why point fingers at Egypt, why not worry about your own country first?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So you think the MB and Morsi are the same as Mubarak? I don't even a credible opposition would agree with that statement. Since you agree that the west also has corrupted and bad politicians why point fingers at Egypt, why not worry about your own country first?

So Egyptian people are not credible?,why do you think there is unrest in Egypt now?,as for worrying about my country,well,i do,so now i can worry about Egypt 2nd.

F0uad

So Egyptian people are not credible?,why do you think there is unrest in Egypt now?,as for worrying about my country,well,i do,so now i can worry about Egypt 2nd.
Stop putting words in my mouth i never made such claim, unrest in Egypt yeah only if you follow Western Media. I have family living in Egypt and its really not something you are describing. Why not mention anything positive about Egypt or are you on a mission here? I know why because Western Media has damaged your view on the MB and Morsi but we Muslims who support Morsi don't care. You don't know anything about Middle-Eastern politics so i advice you to read more from both sources before making ridiculous claims. Fix your own country before judging others its very easy to point fingers we are not children anymore..

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Stop putting words in my mouth i never made such claim, unrest in Egypt yeah only if you follow Western Media. I have family living in Egypt and its really not something you are describing. Why not mention anything positive about Egypt or are you on a mission here? I know why because Western Media has damaged your view on the MB and Morsi but we Muslims who support Morsi don't care. You don't know anything about Middle-Eastern politics so i advice you to read more from both sources before making ridiculous claims. Fix your own country before judging others its very easy to point fingers we are not children anymore..

I'm quoting you "So you think the MB and Morsi are the same as Mubarak? I don't even a credible opposition would agree with that statement.",your words not mine,i don't need the media to have an opinion on the MB,i've known of them for years,the history is there from Hassan Al-Banna sending fighters to Palestine,Qutbs "Milestones",the Grands Mufti,the SS Hanjar division,assasinations and the Arab league none of which paints a pretty picture of the MB.

Egypt has brave people,they accomplished a victory against the odds and they deserve to reap the benefit of a fair constitution.

Last edited:

F0uad

I'm quoting you "So you think the MB and Morsi are the same as Mubarak? I don't even a credible opposition would agree with that statement.",your words not mine,i don't need the media to have an opinion on the MB,i've known of them for years,the history is there from Hassan Al-Banna sending fighters to Palestine,Qutbs "Milestones",the Grands Mufti,the SS Hanjar division,assasinations and the Arab league none of which paints a pretty picture of the MB.

Egypt has brave people,they accomplished a victory against the odds and they deserve to reap the benefit of a fair constitution.
How is that the same as saying that i don't find Egyptians credible? Lost me there.

Sure you do from one side only, everyone knows about the radical movement in the Muslim Brotherhood that existed in the past it makes you no expert if you know this its common knowledge. As for Palestine and the MB history that's a whole different issue i am not sure how that is related to Morsi. I am not sure what the SS Hanjar has to do with Morsi aren't they related to Bosnia's instead of Egyptians? Again what has the Arab league to do with Morsi?

Its like me talking about what the presidents or governments in the west did to condemn the present ones. :shrug:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
How is that the same as saying that i don't find Egyptians credible? Lost me there.

Sure you do from one side only, everyone knows about the radical movement in the Muslim Brotherhood that existed in the past it makes you no expert if you know this its common knowledge. As for Palestine and the MB history that's a whole different issue i am not sure how that is related to Morsi. I am not sure what the SS Hanjar has to do with Morsi aren't they related to Bosnia's instead of Egyptians? Again what has the Arab league to do with Morsi?

Its like me talking about what the presidents or governments in the west did to condemn the present ones. :shrug:

The MB are the link between all the above,you can see the present ones in action in Palestine,i'll leave you with the words of Imman Hassan Al-Banna of blessed memory in his preamble to the Hamas charter "Israel will exist and continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it,just as it obliterated others before it."

F0uad

The MB are the link between all the above,you can see the present ones in action in Palestine,i'll leave you with the words of Imman Hassan Al-Banna of blessed memory in his preamble to the Hamas charter "Israel will exist and continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it,just as it obliterated others before it."

Your point? What has Morsi to do with this? Its like me saying that a policy or a statement that was announced by a political individual in the past can be used to judge Barack obama it makes no sense.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Your point? What has Morsi to do with this? Its like me saying that a policy or a statement that was announced by a political individual in the past can be used to judge Barack obama it makes no sense.

Do some research,the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood was Hassan Al-Banna,you should be able to determine the rest yourself.