• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egypt's President Mursi assumes sweeping powers

F0uad

BTW,i'm not American,i wouldn't presume to know what the Egyptian people want,i think though that a low turnout of 30% in such an important vote is suspicious at least, the majority of 30% of Egyptians voted for the Muslim Brotherhood so if it was such a sure thing then surely the new constitution should have gone to consultation and a fair vote.

So the Egyptian people according to you want a more Islamic state and if thats true then a fair referendum followed by a fair election would be the way forward,instead though a new dictator is born who obviously knows whats good for Egypt,just look at the Egyptian currency going down faster than the Titanic,thats because nobody outside Egypt can see a positive outcome to what has become a sham,still the MB is quite well organised look at its contribution to Palestine and dispatching of Presidents:rolleyes:.
Your points are based on what and your trying to point out what? Dictator how long is he ruling the country, does it give you a good feeling to call other people bad names?

The economy is Mubarak's fault? Are you KIDDING ME!? Do your homework and come back.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Your points are based on what and your trying to point out what? Dictator how long is he ruling the country, does it give you a good feeling to call other people bad names?

I think i explained it well enough.

The economy is Mubarak's fault? Are you KIDDING ME!? Do your homework and come back.

The economy is declining because of instability,ATM the decline is due to nobody having confidence in Egypt or the performance of its likely Government so far.

F0uad

Egypt voices life after Mubarak BBC News - Egypt voices: Life since Mubarak
although this is only a sample of Egyptians its quite apparent that Morsi and the MB are an epic fail for Egypt,i also think that if they had gone down the correct path to power there wouldn't be the turmoil that can be seen now.

Only people who quote secular and western media to demonize Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood would use terms such as "Epic Fail".
Accept the fact that he is voted in and that Egypt is a "Democracy" as you like to call it.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Only people who quote secular and western media to demonize Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood would use terms such as "Epic Fail".
Accept the fact that he is voted in and that Egypt is a "Democracy" as you like to call it.

The people quoted were all Egyptian.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
With other words Morsi has a opposition like Obama has and therefore he is a dictator or something bad?
Didn't America and west wanted Democracy in that region? If so stop complaining...

It doesn't matter what the US or the west in general want,thats not the point,the point is that the Egyptian people were screwed over by Mubarak and decided they had enough of his regime,they stood together not knowing which way the Army would go,people were killed injured and tortured but they managed to topple Mubarak.

Enter the Freedom and Justice party AKA the Muslim Brotherhood,after rigging the commitee who would work on the new constitution before presenting it for referendum,Morsi then made himself dictator and pushed the constitution through a poorly regulated referendum whether the Egyptian people wanted it or not,the result of this has divided the country because it betrays the whole idea of the revolution and many Egyptians aren't willing to be screwed over again.

F0uad

It doesn't matter what the US or the west in general want,thats not the point,the point is that the Egyptian people were screwed over by Mubarak and decided they had enough of his regime,they stood together not knowing which way the Army would go,people were killed injured and tortured but they managed to topple Mubarak.

Enter the Freedom and Justice party AKA the Muslim Brotherhood,after rigging the commitee who would work on the new constitution before presenting it for referendum,Morsi then made himself dictator and pushed the constitution through a poorly regulated referendum whether the Egyptian people wanted it or not,the result of this has divided the country because it betrays the whole idea of the revolution and many Egyptians aren't willing to be screwed over again.
Nice statements without actually citing any fact.

• He was elected
  • If you don't like him to be elected stop preaching about democracy in the middle-east.
  • Obama can be called a dictator also for singing the patriot act. Bush for invading countries without justification and not having the approval of the congress i can go on and on and please search up the definition of "Dictatorship"
  • They can vote again in a couple of years so stop complaining.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Nice statements without actually citing any fact.

• He was elected
  • If you don't like him to be elected stop preaching about democracy in the middle-east.
  • Obama can be called a dictator also for singing the patriot act. Bush for invading countries without justification and not having the approval of the congress i can go on and on and please search up the definition of "Dictatorship"
  • They can vote again in a couple of years so stop complaining.

I think it would be best that you post elsewhere where you know something about the topic of the thread,it obvious you know little of this one,bye.

F0uad

I think it would be best that you post elsewhere where you know something about the topic of the thread,it obvious you know little of this one,bye.

Its disturbing to me that you as a "Western" thinks to know more about how a Muslim population thinks and works then me.

Like i said its very easy to dismiss people by simply calling them names or ignoring facts. Have a nice day

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Its disturbing to me that you as a "Western" thinks to know more about how a Muslim population thinks and works then me.

OK tell me how the Muslim population of Egypt thinks,please include the Muslims in the opposition,as for "western",does that include western Muslims?

Like i said its very easy to dismiss people by simply calling them names or ignoring facts. Have a nice day

Thanks i have had a nice day,i agree that its easy to dismiss people,i think its better to engage them and try to understand why they ignore these facts,seeing as you are an expert on Muslim populations and i'm not please share.

F0uad

Thanks i have had a nice day,i agree that its easy to dismiss people,i think its better to engage them and try to understand why they ignore these facts,seeing as you are an expert on Muslim populations and i'm not please share.
Go a thread back read everything i said and come with something reasonable to discuss.
The only argument i hear is that "Some'' people oppose Morsi and that's where it ends but if i say that 45% of America opposed Obama then your silent how come?
Isn't it the same argument?

Ps: All the Egyptians on this forum that i know are in favor of Morsi and i think they have more ''experience'' and ''knowledge'' about the subject then both of us combined together.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Go a thread back read everything i said and come with something reasonable to discuss.
The only argument i hear is that "Some'' people oppose Morsi and that's where it ends but if i say that 45% of America opposed Obama then your silent how come?
Isn't it the same argument?

OK lets see if its the same,Morsi gave himself the power of a dictator,from what i know of US politics this would not be possible for Obama.

Ps: All the Egyptians on this forum that i know are in favor of Morsi and i think they have more ''experience'' and ''knowledge'' about the subject then both of us combined together.

I know of at least 5 Egyptians on this forum,maybe there are more but do you think they speak for all Egyptians,obviously its apparent they don't and why.

F0uad

I know of at least 5 Egyptians on this forum,maybe there are more but do you think they speak for all Egyptians,obviously its apparent they don't and why.

Well the patriot act is not ''Dictatorship'' alike?

Like i said if more then 45% Americans opposes Obama you have no problem but if 30/40% opposes Morsi you do. Don't you find this hypocrisy?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Well the patriot act is not ''Dictatorship'' alike?

Like i said if more then 45% Americans opposes Obama you have no problem but if 30/40% opposes Morsi you do. Don't you find this hypocrisy?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here,45% of Americans voted against Obama,so what :shrug:,the patriot act AFAIK was the response to the september 11th attacks,whether i have a problem with it or not would be for another thread.

I do find the hypocracy of the Freedom and justice party AKA Muslim Brotherhood to tout freedom and then take it away from the people who won it from Mubarak,but the MB has always been like that.

F0uad

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here,45% of Americans voted against Obama,so what :shrug:,the patriot act AFAIK was the response to the september 11th attacks,whether i have a problem with it or not would be for another thread.

I do find the hypocracy of the Freedom and justice party AKA Muslim Brotherhood to tout freedom and then take it away from the people who won it from Mubarak,but the MB has always been like that.

Yeah, preaching about democracy but forgetting that over the past 200 years the Republicans and Democrats always have been in office is not hypocrisy right?
Off-course the Patriot act is not dictatorship alike but whatever Morsi does yeah he is the bad guy!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yeah, preaching about democracy but forgetting that over the past 200 years the Republicans and Democrats always have been in office is not hypocrisy right?
Off-course the Patriot act is not dictatorship alike but whatever Morsi does yeah he is the bad guy!

Who's preaching democracy?,and BTW i'm not an American so i have no vote on who gets to govern America or anywhere other than the UK,i do though have a right to an opinion,as for Morsi and the MB,bad apples come from bad Tree's ;).

Flankerl

So both parties have always been in power? Yeah uhm...

Well no it isnt.

When the president of a country declares himself to be over all the judges in the country on the other hand.

F0uad

So both parties have always been in power? Yeah uhm...
No third party? No individuals who aren't bought of by private corporations and banks?
Believing that America is a "Democracy" is laughable.

Well no it isnt.

When the president of a country declares himself to be over all the judges in the country on the other hand.
Well the government can take out anyone or jail anyone without a trial you call that a free democratic country? It can be used on anyone even Americans and you.
I can give you many more legislation that are Undemocratic, Unconstitutional that the congress and the presidents have signed.

Stop pointing fingers.