• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egypt's President Mursi assumes sweeping powers

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Seems the evils of democracy are a long way of thanks to Morsi and the MB :BBC News - Egypt elections: ElBaradei warns of chaos

Mr ElBaradei told the BBC's Jim Muir: "We need to send a message loud and clear to the people here and outside of Egypt that this is not a democracy, that we have not participated in an uprising two years ago to end up with a recycling of the [Hosni] Mubarak regime.
"Torture is still there, abduction is still there, a lack of social justice is still there."
He said elections should not be held in April in a society that was "completely polarised".
To do so, he said, would risk setting the country on a "road to total chaos and instability" and that the intervention of the army might then be common sense, to stabilise the situation until the political process could be resumed.
He said: "If Egypt is on the brink of default, if law and order is absent, [the army] have a national duty to intervene."
Mr ElBaradei said the basic problem was that Mr Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood had spent 80 years in opposition, and was now "intoxicated with power".

F0uad

Lol opposition figures are not credible at all its just an opinion..
Do you want me to cite how many oppositions Obama has?

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Certainly some random articles are not enough for me to put such conclusion, especially if they were untrusted sources to me...But it is different for you, that's why I asked about your sources and I thought you might refer to a poll or something to show us how many brotherhood members are happy in Egypt !!

What stands out for me is that the Muslim brotherhood did not even participate in the first demonstrations, in fact stayed out of it and now that Mubarak is gone they go into action when they did none of the original work.

They don't stand for all Egyptians, just those who support the MB.

Secularists, women, non Muslims and moderate Muslims will be the losers if Morsi takes all this power.

No better the Mubarak.

jazzymom

Just Jewish

We have a constitution.

A president in my country could not do what Morsi has done.

Obama has opposition, and he has limits as to what he can do, there is over sight.

If Morsi gets his way he has no oversight to his actions.

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Nice statements without actually citing any fact.

• He was elected
  • If you don't like him to be elected stop preaching about democracy in the middle-east.
  • Obama can be called a dictator also for singing the patriot act. Bush for invading countries without justification and not having the approval of the congress i can go on and on and please search up the definition of "Dictatorship"
  • They can vote again in a couple of years so stop complaining.

Maybe they can vote in a couple of years. That is if Morsi has not given himself unlimited power and stays in power indefinitely.

They might have him 10 years from now.

He may do away with further elections.

F0uad

We have a constitution.

A president in my country could not do what Morsi has done.

Obama has opposition, and he has limits as to what he can do, there is over sight.

If Morsi gets his way he has no oversight to his actions.

Please cite me any president of America in the last 10 years that followed the constitution. Your great leader Obama signed a legislation that contradicts the Constitution aka Patriot act and i can name many more things...

Your last sentence is just assumption based on nothing and i think it has to do with this western view on "Political Islam'', guess what? The country is Islamic and just accept the fact that he is elected. Stop preaching us Muslims about democracy when Islam contradicts such thing and stop preaching it when we can only elect the guys you like.

Before you come here and point fingers take a look at your own country were politicians are bought off to keep the status quot. There is so much corruption among the government officials and politicians in America that Americans should be last people to point fingers at other countries, clean up your own house before judging others.

F0uad

Maybe they can vote in a couple of years. That is if Morsi has not given himself unlimited power and stays in power indefinitely.

Yeah or maybe Israel would have wiped them out by then who knows..

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I'd be more impressed if you could cite how many opponents Kim Jong Un has and quotes from them as to why.

You say the opposition "are not credible at all its just an opinion" but many Egyptian Muslims,Copts,Bahai,Jews,Atheists and any minority i may have missed are Egyptian so are you saying the opinions of Egyptians don't count?,hang on,isn't Morsi an Egyptian?,duh!,silly me,i forgot he's Muslim Brotherhood,they're the people responsible for the slogan "Islam is the answer" like it or not.

F0uad

I'd be more impressed if you could cite how many opponents Kim Jong Un has and quotes from them as to why.

You say the opposition "are not credible at all its just an opinion" but many Egyptian Muslims,Copts,Bahai,Jews,Atheists and any minority i may have missed are Egyptian so are you saying the opinions of Egyptians don't count?,hang on,isn't Morsi an Egyptian?,duh!,silly me,i forgot he's Muslim Brotherhood,they're the people responsible for the slogan "Islam is the answer" like it or not.
Again i see no validating argument that Morsi is either a dictator in comparison with the Western presidents or that he should resign..
He is elected as you guys wanted now stop complaining or do you want to pick the guy yourself?

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Yeah or maybe Israel would have wiped them out by then who knows..

:facepalm:

They have a peace treaty with Israel.

So not sure what Israel has to do with your comment..............

But if he can't get the lawlessness under control in the Sinai and there continue to be terror attacks coming out of the Sinai that will cause problems.

Remember the Sinai was given back to Egypt in the peace treaty that Egypt has with Israel.

Last edited:

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Please cite me any president of America in the last 10 years that followed the constitution. Your great leader Obama signed a legislation that contradicts the Constitution aka Patriot act and i can name many more things...

Your last sentence is just assumption based on nothing and i think it has to do with this western view on "Political Islam'', guess what? The country is Islamic and just accept the fact that he is elected. Stop preaching us Muslims about democracy when Islam contradicts such thing and stop preaching it when we can only elect the guys you like.

Before you come here and point fingers take a look at your own country were politicians are bought off to keep the status quot. There is so much corruption among the government officials and politicians in America that Americans should be last people to point fingers at other countries, clean up your own house before judging others.

I don't think you know much about the constitution of the United States.
Here is a link to what it says.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - We the People

But as long as Egypt accepts money from my country then we get to have an opinion.

I personally would be fine with not one cent going to Morsi or any group connected to the Muslim brotherhood.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Again i see no validating argument that Morsi is either a dictator in comparison with the Western presidents or that he should resign..
He is elected as you guys wanted now stop complaining or do you want to pick the guy yourself?

I get that you don't see it :yes:.

F0uad

They have a peace treaty with Israel.

So not sure what Israel has to do with your comment..............

But if he can't get the lawlessness under control in the Sinai and there continue to be terror attacks coming out of the Sinai that will cause problems.

Remember the Sinai was given back to Egypt in the peace treaty that Egypt has with Israel.
Because its rubbish the same goes for your comment.

F0uad

I don't think you know much about the constitution of the United States.
Here is a link to what it says.

THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION - We the People

But as long as Egypt accepts money from my country then we get to have an opinion.

I personally would be fine with not one cent going to Morsi or any group connected to the Muslim brotherhood.
Sorry but i don't think what your talking about.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment IV: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Freedom from unreasonable searches: The government may search and seize Americans' papers and effects without probable cause to assist terror investigation.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment VI: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Right to a speedy and public trial: The government may jail Americans indefinitely without a trial.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Freedom of association: To assist terror investigation, the government may monitor religious and political institutions without suspecting criminal activity.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment VI: ... to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Right to legal representation: The government may monitor conversations between attorneys and clients in federal prisons and deny lawyers to Americans accused of crimes.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment I: Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech ...

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Freedom of speech: The government may prosecute librarians or keepers of any other records if they tell anyone the government subpoenaed information related to a terror investigation.

US Constitution (Bill of Rights) Amendment VI: ... to be confronted with the witnesses against him .

Contradicts:

US Patriot Act Right to liberty: Americans may be jailed without being charged or being able to confront witnesses against them. US citizens (labeled "unlawful combatants") have been held incommunicado and refused attorneys.

I can name many more and instead of accusing me not knowing the constitution you should open the patriot act, there are some horrify things in it so don't point fingers at Egypt.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Yeah because in comparison with these corrupted politicians in the west Morsi is a sheep compared with wolves.

Yes,its all the wests fault because really they are all Zionists,they control Hollywood and the media in general,there,hows that,happy now.

F0uad

Yes,its all the wests fault because really they are all Zionists,they control Hollywood and the media in general,there,hows that,happy now.

:rolleyes: Well if you belief so..
The only thing i am pointing out is that Western people are just hypocrites when they are pointing fingers at Egypt when most of the time there government is much worse.

F0uad

lol yeah a peace treaty is rubbish.....

I got where you are coming from...

I am not talking about the peace-treaty i was talking about these statements:

Thats why i also brought for a stupid ''comment'' and do you honestly belief Israel is interested in a peace-treaty? Hahaha Good One!

Now tell me with all honesty what is worse the Patriot Act or Morsi?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
:rolleyes: Well if you belief so..
The only thing i am pointing out is that Western people are just hypocrites when they are pointing fingers at Egypt when most of the time there government is much worse.
Maybe it's not about them?