• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Egyptian actress Rania Youssef faces jail time for dress showing legs

danieldemol

Premium Member
“Rania Youssef appeared at the closing session Thursday of the Cairo International Film Festival wearing a revealing black lacy dress over a tight black bodice with her legs showing underneath.

This prompted two lawyers to lodge a suit against her accusing the actress of “inciting debauchery”, a charge that could land her in jail for up to five years if she is convicted, the source said.”

Read more here; Egyptian actress Rania Youssef faces jail time for wearing dress

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"Incitement to debauchery". What a farce! It reminds me of what Mark Twain said. “Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.”

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is rather sad when a society betrays itself to such a level.

People should be encouraged to feel responsible for their behavior, not to find excuses for being afraid of their own emotions and shift that responsibility to others.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
In the 60s Egypt wasn't like that...
Short dresses, bikinis on the beach, beauty pageants...
We perfectly know who destroyed all this.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
In the 60s Egypt wasn't like that...
Short dresses, bikinis on the beach, beauty pageants...
We perfectly know who destroyed all this.
The British, for leaving.

Evidently one can't leave these people in charge of themselves.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I approve of skimpy dresses.
Why such severe punishment?
It's not she wore white after labor day.