• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DOWN WITH PRES. WASHINGTON UP WITH LENIN!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we still have a statue of Pancho Villa in downtown Tucson. I don't think anyone has tried to tear it down.

5c1445323d6bb.image.jpg

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So... let's tear down George Washington statues and Ulysses Grant but keep Lenin's Statue standing without one defacing?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia
Did you actually read the article you linked to?

It has become a Fremont landmark, and frequently has been decorated, or vandalized. The statue has sparked political controversy, including criticisms for being communist chic and as not taking the historic meaning of Lenin and communism seriously, or for taking it all too seriously, or by comparing the purported acceptance of such a charged political symbol to the removal of Confederate monuments and memorials. The monument is situated on private property, complicating efforts to remove it.

What's you point of this thread? To start a disinformation campaign here on RF? What you said in the OP, and what it says in the article are opposites. This is a clear misrepresentation of the facts. And you even linked to it!

So... what is this really about? (The tearing down of statues)
Not that you seem actually interested in understand why other human beings are as upset as they are about all this, but there is a great deal of information about this. It only took me a matter of a couple of hours of honest research to get the history behind them, tied in directly to Jim Crow south and lynchings, enough to get a pretty clear picture.

I would recommend you as a Christian educate yourself about these things that affect your fellow human beings, in order to show a little empathy and compassion with them. That's what I would recommend.

I could gather a few good resources to help get you kick started, if you care to educate yourself. Let me know, and I'll be happy to share. Facts, not fictions, Ken.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The reality t
Did you actually read the article you linked to?

It has become a Fremont landmark, and frequently has been decorated, or vandalized. The statue has sparked political controversy, including criticisms for being communist chic and as not taking the historic meaning of Lenin and communism seriously, or for taking it all too seriously, or by comparing the purported acceptance of such a charged political symbol to the removal of Confederate monuments and memorials. The monument is situated on private property, complicating efforts to remove it.

What's you point of this thread? To start a disinformation campaign here on RF? What you said in the OP, and what it says in the article are opposites. This is a clear misrepresentation of the facts. And you even linked to it!

Not that you seem actually interested in understand why other human beings are as upset as they are about all this, but there is a great deal of information about this. It only took me a matter of a couple of hours of honest research to get the history behind them, tied in directly to Jim Crow south and lynchings, enough to get a pretty clear picture.

I would recommend you as a Christian educate yourself about these things that affect your fellow human beings, in order to show a little empathy and compassion with them. That's what I would recommend.

I could gather a few good resources to help get you kick started, if you care to educate yourself. Let me know, and I'll be happy to share. Facts, not fictions, Ken.
The reality that it isn't pulled down That's obvious, isn't it?

QuestioningMind

So... let's tear down George Washington statues and Ulysses Grant but keep Lenin's Statue standing without one defacing?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia

So... what is this really about? (The tearing down of statues)

Do you seriously not get the difference between a privately owned statue on private land and a public statue that's maintained by tax dollars on public land? Or are you just attempting to promote another false equivalency?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Do you seriously not get the difference between a privately owned statue on private land and a public statue that's maintained by tax dollars on public land? Or are you just attempting to promote another false equivalency?
Do you not see the similarity between destroying private businesses and a private statue? Do you not see the irony of being totally upset about Ulysses Grant and being fine with Lenin? Are you just because it is a public statue, it gives you the permission to tear it down? Does that mean because the statue of Abraham Lincoln is on public property and paid for by tax dollars, I can go up there and deface it and tear it down?

Is there any logic in your statement?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I guess there is some irony in the fact that Lenin's statue is protected because it's on private property.