• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DOWN WITH PRES. WASHINGTON UP WITH LENIN!

Ponder This

So... let's tear down George Washington statues and Ulysses Grant but keep Lenin's Statue standing without one defacing?

Statue of Lenin (Seattle) - Wikipedia

So... what is this really about? (The tearing down of statues)

Can you imagine living in a country where people destroy historical monuments because they don't like them? Like that guy who defaced the Sphinx of Egypt because it was half man and half animal (he decided it was against his religion)? Or those people who tore down giant Buddha statues (because Buddha is offensive right)? Or maybe even those looters who raided the Baghdad museum of it's priceless historical artifacts (because... they could)? You know, a country where some deluded group of people just wants to destroy stuff? It would be crazy right?

QuestioningMind

Do you not see the similarity between destroying private businesses and a private statue? Do you not see the irony of being totally upset about Ulysses Grant and being fine with Lenin? Are you just because it is a public statue, it gives you the permission to tear it down? Does that mean because the statue of Abraham Lincoln is on public property and paid for by tax dollars, I can go up there and deface it and tear it down?

Is there any logic in your statement?

Do YOU not comprehend the difference between protesting against a statue erected in public space owned by everyone and paid for by tax dollars and a statue erected on private property that someone else paid for and maintains?

Did you ALSO not read the attached link you posted where it very specifically states that the Lenin statue has been vandalized and the subject of vigorous debate? If you did read it, where did you get this silly notion that everyone is just fine with the Lenin statue?

Trying to suggest people who are against a statue that celebrates the confederacy equates to people who have no problem with a statue of Lenin is a blatant false equivalency and more than a little childish.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Can you imagine living in a country where people destroy historical monuments because they don't like them? Like that guy who defaced the Sphinx of Egypt because it was half man and half animal (he decided it was against his religion)? Or those people who tore down giant Buddha statues (because Buddha is offensive right)? Or maybe even those looters who raided the Baghdad museum of it's priceless historical artifacts (because... they could)? You know, a country where some deluded group of people just wants to destroy stuff? It would be crazy right?
I would put them in jail, that's for sure. It's a shame simple logic isn't being used.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do YOU not comprehend the difference between protesting against a statue erected in public space owned by everyone and paid for by tax dollars and a statue erected on private property that someone else paid for and maintains?

Did you ALSO not read the attached link you posted where it very specifically states that the Lenin statue has been vandalized and the subject of vigorous debate? If you did read it, where did you get this silly notion that everyone is just fine with the Lenin statue?

Trying to suggest people who are against a statue that celebrates the confederacy equates to people who have no problem with a statue of Lenin is a blatant false equivalency and more than a little childish.
Or... I hit a nerve :)

Kenny

Premium Member
Oh boy! A revenge target!!!

Anyways what's a statue of Lenin doing in Seattle? You would think it would be more likely in Alaska or something.
Actually, I was thinking something along those lines :) what in the world is it doing in Seattle!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Do you not see the similarity between destroying private businesses and a private statue? Do you not see the irony of being totally upset about Ulysses Grant and being fine with Lenin? Are you just because it is a public statue, it gives you the permission to tear it down? Does that mean because the statue of Abraham Lincoln is on public property and paid for by tax dollars, I can go up there and deface it and tear it down?

Is there any logic in your statement?
Want to know nice simple Democratic solution to the whole affair of monuments and statues?

Let people vote on it.

But of course the lefties doesn't know what it is to live in a Democratic Republic.

Kenny

Premium Member
want to know nice simple Democratic solution to the whole affair of monuments and statues?

Let people vote on it.

But of course the lefties doesn't know what it is to live in a Democratic Republic.
Hmmmmm......

As intelligent as we are in the US... this is quite a revelation, it never crossed my mind. :rolleyes: Voting? Nawwww! that's too simple!

Tambourine

I'm all for tearing down statues of Lenin along with all the others.

A true revolutionary only needs one kind of monument, anyway:
Y4l1BAt.jpg

Kenny

Premium Member
Nah... it's just a blatant false equivalency and more than a little childish and demonstrates what a troll you are because you think that your false equivalency 'hit a nerve'. .
LOl still sounds like a nerve to me. :D