• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
First of all, not all the names of all the prophets/messengers have been mentioned in Quran, Quran is not a book of names. Allah has mentioned it. Only some prophets/messengers have been mentioned in Quran or Hadith, if you believe in it.
Right?
Regards

Why is it you call Quran the complete revelation of Allah but whenever we ask for evidence of things you claim such as where Zoroaster, Buddha or whoever are mentioned all you can respond with is "Quran is not a book of ..."? That's such a cop-out.

Be honest and admit there's no scriptural justification for calling Buddha, Socrates or Zoroaster prophets of your god.

3d2e1f

Be honest and admit there's no scriptural justification for calling Buddha, Socrates or Zoroaster prophets of your god.

Nah. His theology would crumble if that happens.

The funny part is, Sunnis and Shias do not even recognize the founder of his religion and here paar is trying his valiant best to convince Hindus that they should follow Ahmadism.

Do you notice he never comments on threads in the ISLAM DIR where Sunnis and Shias of this very forum trash his religion?

http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/is-ahmadiyya-right.188458/

His missionary attempts are mostly directed at Hindus, Buddhists and Christians. Never at Sunnis and Shias ;-)

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Nah. His theology would crumble if that happens.
The funny part is, Sunnis and Shias do not even recognize the founder of his religion and here paar is trying his valiant best to convince Hindus that they should follow Ahmadism.
Do you notice he never comments on threads in the ISLAM DIR where Sunnis and Shias of this very forum trash his religion?
http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/is-ahmadiyya-right.188458/
His missionary attempts are mostly directed at Hindus, Buddhists and Christians. Never at Sunnis and Shias ;-)
You are very smart and wise. Aren't you?
Ya'quub is a Muslim, you may decide if he is a Sunni or Shia, if you want. Read his posts in the thread and my responses, one such post is some posts above #161, no compulsion however.
Regards

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why is it you call Quran the complete revelation of Allah but whenever we ask for evidence of things you claim such as where Zoroaster, Buddha or whoever are mentioned all you can respond with is "Quran is not a book of ..."? That's such a cop-out.
Quran mentions the principles, it is not a children-names-book. Don't you like a principled argument? I think you don't. Well, I may be wrong at time, not necessarily though.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Right. But you said: 'They are truthful prophets of G-d, Quran and Muhammad say so.'
The Second important point is that a Muslim has to accept all the prophets/messenger, denial of one prophet of G-d is denial of all. Right? Please
Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Oh, about this:
Islam is inclusive of all truth in all the religions and non-religions, nothing is truthful out of it.
Such a perverse lure for you to impose on yourself and then to bite. This is nothing more than an attempt at making the claim that you are enslaved to your preconceptions look like a honorable, positive trait.

Such is not the case.

Sorry to state that Hinduism is a dead religion, no life in it, in the sense that its plethora of scriptures don't lead one to
recognize , know and have Converse with G-d (Brahman) .

Don't be sorry. You are far too wrong for anyone to mind your saying so.

Apparently you did not pay a lot of attention to our reminders of why that would not be very significant even if true, either.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
The Second important point is that a Muslim has to accept all the prophets/messenger, denial of one prophet of G-d is denial of all. Right? Please
Regards

All those who are truly Prophets/Messengers of Allaah, sure. But you have still not explained where the Qur'aan refers to Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha) and Krsna as Prophets of Allaah.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry @paarsurrey but I have to disagree with you. Hinduism is not a dead religion and it is steadily growing around the world. It is a religion full of life but one must experience it to understand. I would not expect you to understand.

I saw kids at temple today that were as reverent in their devotions as any adult. There were more than I've seen before. One boy who looked to be preteen, bare-chested and wearing a veshti (wrapped southern style) and thread was assisting the priests. He was there the other night also and looks to be training to be a pujari.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I saw kids at temple today that were as reverent in their devotions as any adult. There were more than I've seen before. One boy who looked to be preteen, bare-chested and wearing a veshti (wrapped southern style) and thread was assisting the priests. He was there the other night also and looks to be training to be a pujari.
Sounds like he might be one of the priests' children. We have a 12 year old here that is. Fun kid, and boy do they make him work, but he loves the entire thing.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Sounds like he might be one of the priests' children. We have a 12 year old here that is. Fun kid, and boy do they make him work, but he loves the entire thing.

Yes, very possibly. That sounds like this kid. He even had the U shaped Vaishnava tilak. There are a few priests who look parent age. He was assisting with the Sri Mahāganapati abhiskekam and other pujas without any hesitations or reservation. It was good to see a kid take something seriously yet enjoy it. It's encouraging to see all these kids attending temple and knowing what to do.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, very possibly. That sounds like this kid. He even had the U shaped Vaishnava tilak. There are a few priests who look parent age. He was assisting with the Sri Mahāganapati abhiskekam and other pujas without any hesitations or reservation. It was good to see a kid take something seriously yet enjoy it. It's encouraging to see all these kids attending temple and knowing what to do.
I always take the opportunity to train them by giving them responsibilities whenever possible. Unfortunately not everyone does. One night I had this kid lined up to distribute chandanam at the end, and this older man steps right in front of him, practically grabbing it out of his hand. Sheesh!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I always take the opportunity to train them by giving them responsibilities whenever possible. Unfortunately not everyone does. One night I had this kid lined up to distribute chandanam at the end, and this older man steps right in front of him, practically grabbing it out of his hand. Sheesh!

The other night there was another young kid in an orange veshti and angavastram. When he took it off I saw he was wearing the string also. He was beaming as he distributed ash from the abhishekam... braces and all. Too cute. :)

I get elbowed and edged out too. In fact today, and I know this is wrong, I was getting a bit perturbed. Then I realized there is a solution: just ease to the back and wait for the priest to make his way, or as people move away, just ease forward. And if I don't get the light or ash or panchamrita or banana this time, I will next time. Besides, I've gotten darshan and blessing by just being there. :)

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
The other night there was another young kid in an orange veshti and angavastram. When he took it off I saw he was wearing the string also. He was beaming as he distributed ash from the abhishekam... braces and all. Too cute. :)

I get elbowed and edged out too. In fact today, and I know this is wrong, I was getting a bit perturbed. Then I realized there is a solution: just ease to the back and wait for the priest to make his way, or as people move away, just ease forward. And if I don't get the light or ash or panchamrita or banana this time, I will next time. Besides, I've gotten darshan and blessing by just being there. :)
The guy I was referring to wanted to do the distribution, instead of letting the child do it. As for receiving all the sacraments, I try, but stay at the back, in a big crowd. I go so often when there is no crowd that I just don't feel the need to get right int here. Here, it is all left on a table after anyway, and you can go get it all there on your own.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
As for receiving all the sacraments, I try, but stay at the back, in a big crowd. I go so often when there is no crowd that I just don't feel the need to get right int here.

True, under normal circumstances even weekends there aren't too many people at once. They come and go. But this is a multi-whammy weekend: the anniversary festivities and a 3 day weekend for the festivities.

atanu

Premium Member
Sorry to state that Hinduism is a dead religion, no life in it, in the sense that its plethora of scriptures don't lead one to
recognize , know and have Converse with G-d (Brahman) . Islam/Quran enliven the humanity from ....

I am sure Hinduism will outlast likes of you (those who under guise of good intentions hide hatred full opinions), all through eternity.

Hinduism is full of life and diversity. Plethora of scriptures are organised in extremely systematic way that devotees of particular taste get the Truth in their favoured flavour. It is tasty tasty tasty.

In Hinduism, there is no spoon feeding and fear of getting killed due to mere difference of opinions. OTOH, two factions, both supposedly followers of Prophet and of Quran, killed each other for power right after passing away of Prophet.

That speaks a lot. Contemplate.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Buddha in the Quran - Dr. Israr Ahmed & Dr. Zakir Naik

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
@paarsurrey , I am sorry to have to tell you that Zakir Naik is not nearly well-informed or convincing enough to pull it off.
May be. There are many more sources, I just started with it:
Dhul-Kifl has been mentioned twice in the Holy Qur'an, in the following Qur'anic verses:
And (remember) Isma'il, Idris, and Zul-kifl, all (men) of constancy and patience.
We admitted them to Our mercy: for they were of the righteous ones.
— Qur'an, sura 21 (Al-Anbiya), ayah 85–86[4]
And commemorate Isma'il, Elisha and Zul-Kifl: Each of them was of the Company of the Good.
— Qur'an, sura 38 (Sad), ayah 48[5]
In both cases, Dhū'l-Kifl is mentioned in the context of a list of Qur'anic prophets, including many others not mentioned in the ayat quoted above.
Mirza Tahir Ahmad, the Fourth Caliph of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, identifies Dhul-Kifl with the Buddha: Dhul-Kifl in this interpretation meaning "of Kapeel".[13]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhul-Kifl

Thanks and regards