• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Hinduism has always been an unbrella term. It is by no means a novelty, nor is it particularly linked to atheism.
Also, please understand that there is a world of difference between a religion that expects god-belief and one that simply accepts it.
You are fantasizing a Hindu history that has little connection to reality.
Sorry, I don't write any History, please.
Regards

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I wish that ordinary man should be facilitated to read and finish Vedas- the Scripture in a reasonable time frame, and people get spiritual guidance direct from the scripture itself, rather than from a third person.

Not surprisingly you don't seem to realize that the moment you compress/edit the literature according to your understanding, although I suspect your lack of understanding would be a more accurate description, you no longer have the scripture presented on its own terms.

Any readers of a compressed mishmash of texts decided by you will be getting guidance from a third party - a third party who does not know/understand the language of the texts he intends to compress, a third party who has demonstrated time and again that he has no grasp on the complexities of Hinduism.

Lest you think I am being unduly pessimistic about your abilities, I would remind you that you have self-described yourself as, and I quote, "I am an ordinary man in the street with no claim of scholarship."

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Which brings us to an interesting matter: what are the downsides and upsides of learning from third parties, again?

There is merit in bridging the gap between religious wisdom and whoever might have the use for such. It is also possible and even certain that sometimes such an effort will in fact improve the message.

But I don't think Muslims are too likely to accept that. It goes against the core of their beliefs.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Presently I am engaged with Veda, later I could compress Agamas also, thanks for bringing my attention to it, God-willing Brahma-willing. The believers in Agamas have a good-tiding to note, but they should have patience.
Whatever name of One-God in any religion or language, the rest is decided on the attributes of Him. It amounts to the same, as Muhammad did not invent the word "Allah", it was already being used by the Arabs, even before Muhammad's birth. Quran gave the right, truthful and perfect attributes of Him. In fact, the whole Quran is just an explanation of the attributes of Allah in one circumstances or the other. Right? Please
Regards

As always, we disagree.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Not surprisingly you don't seem to realize that the moment you compress/edit the literature according to your understanding, although I suspect your lack of understanding would be a more accurate description, you no longer have the scripture presented on its own terms.
Any readers of a compressed mishmash of texts decided by you will be getting guidance from a third party - a third party who does not know/understand the language of the texts he intends to compress, a third party who has demonstrated time and again that he has no grasp on the complexities of Hinduism.
Lest you think I am being unduly pessimistic about your abilities, I would remind you that you have self-described yourself as, and I quote, "I am an ordinary man in the street with no claim of scholarship."
Do you mean that Judaism is based on third party meddling with Torah i,e Judaism narrators/scribes/priesthood/clergy? YHVH the first party, Moses the second party and narrators/scribes/priesthood/clergy the third party.
One may like to view the thread"The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW".
I agree that I am an ordinary man in the street with no claims of any piety and or scholarship whatsoever, I am on Truth and yet in search of more truth. Truth is a path or a highway to G-d who is Absolute and Infinite. Please
Regards

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, it is inaccurate. I agree.
I have accordingly updated the plan of "Veda Scripture- The Compressed One" and omitted the world "Hinduism" to ascribe it with Veda #458 , one may please note.
Regards
Truth be told I don't care what anyone labels me. I do care however that you're trying to water down scripture. That is just... It's just plain rude.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Do you mean that Judaism is based on third party meddling with Torah i,e Judaism narrators/scribes/priesthood/clergy? YHVH the first party, Moses the second party and narrators/scribes/priesthood/clergy the third party.
One may like to view the thread"The prophets tell us that THE SCRIBES HAD CHANGED THE GOD'S LAW".
I agree that I am an ordinary man in the street with no claims of any piety and or scholarship whatsoever, I am on Truth and yet in search of more truth. Truth is a path or a highway to G-d who is Absolute and Infinite. Please
Regards

You have a short memory. We've danced this dance before and I hate to hijack this thread - if only for a brief while I can assure others - but so you might remember, here is the complete reply from June 2014 that I wrote to you on the thread you referenced above.

"Your contempt for Jews, for Judaism, for Jewish scripture becomes ever more clear.

Your refusal to answer my questions regarding Jeremiah and Isaiah only serve to illustrate that you don't know what you're talking about.

And then we come to your arrogance, as a Muslim, in telling Jews how to be Jews.

Hiding behind a Uriah Heep facade is not going to work any more. You've said too much."

Since my questions to you have been pending for more than two years, you need to respond - on the other thread - you need to answer before I can even consider answering your question.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry to ask a question about what you have stated in your profile about religion "Religion:Bhagavad Gita - SD", what does SD stands for? Does it mean Sanatana Dharma? Please
Regards

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away from RF for 2 weeks.
Yes, SD stand for Sanatan Dharma.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Presently I am engaged with Veda, later I could compress Agamas also,

A simple question I have is:

What makes you think you have the knowledge to do this without completely screwing up ancient and sacred texts, and presenting them almost certainly as false because you've misinterpreted them? Whence comes this arrogance?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

I didn't have to read past this and I immediately liked the post.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I simply don't agree with you.
Regards

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
LuisDantas, how about a compressed version of the Qur'aan for all those Muslims out there who clearly need a more concise, easy-to-understand form of their Scripture? ;)

But in what, a dead or living language?

*ducks and runs* :D

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
LuisDantas, how about a compressed version of the Qur'aan for all those Muslims out there who clearly need a more concise, easy-to-understand form of their Scripture? ;)
Thanks for agreeing with me, if one really agreed by saying "right", no compulsion however, whatsoever. One did it voluntarily. Right? Please
Google does not help in this connection, as it was a modern time invention, nothing to do with the Veda or " Vedic period".
If anybody or somebody does not agree with me on it, then one should quote from Yajurveda the "word Ahimsa" as per the title of the thread. Right? Please
Regards

Quran is not a voluminous scripture. If one reads a part of it for 30 to 45 minutes a day, one would finish it in 30 days. This is not the case with Vedas.
Quran itself mention ummul-kitab which is another name of the first chapter of Quran "The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah الفَاتِحَة":
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1
The first chapter of Quran "Al-Fatihah" is the essence of Quran, the whole Quran explains the subjects mentioned in it and elaborates them. It will only require 4/5 minutes to read it.
Right? Please
Regards

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Quran is not a voluminous scripture. If one reads a part of it for 30 to 45 minutes a day, one would finish it in 30 days. This is not the case with Vedas.
Quran itself mention ummul-kitab which is another name of the first chapter of Quran "The Holy Quran : Chapter 1: Al-Fatihah الفَاتِحَة":
http://www.alislam.org/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=1
The first chapter of Quran "Al-Fatihah" is the essence of Quran, the whole Quran explains the subjects mentioned in it and elaborates them. It will only require 4/5 minutes to read it.
Right? Please
Regards

Not as voluminous as the Vedas, sure. But lots of repetition. And clearly there are plenty of Muslims (and indeed non-Muslims) who struggle to read it and to understand its meaning...