• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Please support your viewpoint from Yajurveda. Right? Kindly
Regards
I have seen some higher caste Hindus outside India (in Europe) draw on notions of caste to justify their unequal/unfair treatment of those of lower castes. Certainly not saying all Hindus, but I have seen it happen.

Yes it (discrimination) happens. It also happens in economic class situations, and across religions, where religions favour their own.

gnostic

The Lost One
Quran descended formally about fourteen hundred years ago, though it always existed in the nature, yet it is still fresh and could be understood easily in the living Arabic language . Human writings become outdated with the passage of time. This is one aspect.
The Qur'an is outdated.

Muslims are too fixated on their scripture, as if it would answer everything, ruling their lives. That's not what I called "living".

Please support your viewpoint from Yajurveda. Right?

You are not comprehending what Hindus are say here. Or you are refusing to hear what they are saying.

One after another, they have been telling you that they are not so rigorous as Muslims are with the Qur'an. The scriptures are guides, not books of laws that they must followed.

You are telling Hindus what they should believe or do, their own religion, as you know more about Hinduism than they do.

Why are you asking them questions if you have no intentions of listening what they have to say?

Satyamavejayanti

Please support your viewpoint from Yajurveda. Right? Kindly
Regards

Namaste,

Well as I am a Hindu, and in Hinduism we are not to compelled to justify our practices from any texts or books, there is no need for me as a Hindu to provide any support for what we practice, it is not a Sin in Hinduism if one cannot link a practice to a Book.
since you have requested a support, and to help you out as you are engaged in reading the Book, here is one Mantra that may be of interest.

18.48 Sukla Yajur

By your light/knowledge (rucha), give light/knowledge to the Brahmana, Rajas, Vaishya and to Shudra, give me also the light/knowledge.

Light of knowledge is for everyone and not only Brahmana.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
Please support your viewpoint from Yajurveda. Right?
You are not comprehending what Hindus are say here. Or you are refusing to hear what they are saying.
One after another, they have been telling you that they are not so rigorous as Muslims are with the Qur'an. The scriptures are guides, not books of laws that they must followed.
You are telling Hindus what they should believe or do, their own religion, as you know more about Hinduism than they do.
Why are you asking them questions if you have no intentions of listening what they have to say?
Have you read Yajurveda yourself? If one has read it, then one could make a correct opinion of some value.
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
And that is just an opinion and a wrong one, of course.
Regards
How can an opinion possibly be wrong? It's JUST an opinion. Can a tree be wrong? Can a word be wrong?
When any person says this, what they actually mean is, 'I disagree." or 'Your opinion is different than my opinion.'

This is all the good/bad, black/white oppositional mind working.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yeh it really isn't a problem because each individual religion has its prominent scriptures and those dedicated to the religion will study them. We also have spiritual teachers who are expert with knowledge who help us learn and it really isn't that difficult to learn from all these texts. From the Hindu perspective, it seems strange that other religions only have one or a few texts. So many of us share the attitude that Terese expressed above: more is better than less.
Sorry to ask a question about what you have stated in your profile about religion "Religion:Bhagavad Gita - SD", what does SD stands for? Does it mean Sanatana Dharma? Please
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
You won't have such consent. The reason being that you have given none of the Hindus here any reason to believe that you have any interest other than to selectively quote-mine and twist Hindu scriptures and force them into your pre-existing Ahmadiyaa worldview. You can do whatever you like, but don't expect consent, even from a liberal Hindu like me.
By consent I mean consent in creating one concise scripture. I already know what it will be. It will be a selectively quote-mined compilation of a few passages which, when one squints hard enough, can be read into the Ahmadiyaa theology, with 99% of everything else omitted, being dismissed as "corruption."
Whatever.

Hinduism Scripture- The Compressed One

I wish that the ordinary man should be facilitated to read and finish the Hinduism Scripture in a reasonable time frame , and people get spiritual guidance direct from the scripture itself, rather than from a third person.
Life being so busy, ordinary people cannot afford to read such a voluminous Hinduism scripture, they will rather be thankful if such a concise/condensed/compressed scripture is produced which could be finished if not in 30 days or a month, then at least once in a year. Quran could be finished in thirty days , if read a part in 30/45 minutes a day, just for information, please.

The planning is like:

1. Rigveda, is proposed to be kept as it is.
2. Sam Veda which is a liturgical text whose 1,875 verses are primary derived from the Rigveda and only 65 new mantras/verses are there in Samaveda, so it should be compressed to 65 verses only and a footnote written on the verses in the Rigveda indicating that.
3.I am reading Yajurveda as you one knows and now I at Chapter 15 Verse 32 or at page # 189 of total 500+ pages. I have found out that about some 50 or more verses are just repetition of the previous verses ones. These could be compressed for an ordinary man and only references provided in the original one.
4.I get a clue from post #18 , in another thread, that only a few verses on war/battles in Yajurveda should be mentioned in the compressed Yajurveda, though they form about 10% of Yajurveda, and the rest should be compressed. and only references retained, as this is against the contemporary Hinduism, who hold Ahimsa as a basic creed of Hinduism. Right?
4.I get a clue from post #12 that the original, if there was/is one, should have the holy Sanskrit text side by side the translation to solve any ambiguity if the need be. That would require a two-fold compression, yet not impossible, if the friends in Hinduism help us, as I don't know any Sanskrit as of now myself.

Anybody, please

Regards
229,230, 345, #315

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Have you found a publisher yet?
I would like that it should be published, if at all, in Americas as many people in India live in Americas and the Wes and they love their faith/religion in its pristine form. People living in India, if interested could import it, happily.
As of now, no publisher has approached me, as I did not approach them. I have no spare money to publish anything.
This is just for your information and to apprise one of the latest in this connection. Please
Regards

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Any publisher would take one look at the idea, recognise that there would be no readers whatsoever, and then send you a polite refusal letter.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

Yajurveda
The Yajurveda Samhita consists of archaic prose mantras and some verses borrowed and adapted from the Rigveda. Its purpose was practical; in that each mantra must accompany an action in sacrifice but unlike the Samaveda, it was compiled to apply to all sacrificial rites, not merely the Somayajna. There are two major groups of shakha (recensions) of this Veda, known as the "Black" (Krishna) and "White" (Shukla) Yajurveda. The White Yajurveda separates the Samhita from its Brahmana (the Shatapatha Brahmana) and the Black Yajurveda intersperses the Samhita with Brahmana commentary. Of the Black Yajurveda four major recensions survive (Maitrayani, Katha, Kapisthala-Katha, Taittiriya).

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hinduism/The_Vedas#Yajurveda
So, "verses borrowed and adapted from the Rigveda" could be compressed and only the references retained.

I am at chapter 23 of the Yajurveda Verse 54, just for information.

Regards

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
  1. Don't the Hinduism (Dharmic) people need a concise Scripture?

Yajurveda
    The Yajurveda Samhita consists of archaic prose mantras and some verses borrowed and adapted from the Rigveda. Its purpose was practical; in that each mantra must accompany an action in sacrifice but unlike the Samaveda, it was compiled to apply to all sacrificial rites, not merely the Somayajna. There are two major groups of shakha (recensions) of this Veda, known as the "Black" (Krishna) and "White" (Shukla) Yajurveda. The White Yajurveda separates the Samhita from its Brahmana (the Shatapatha Brahmana) and the Black Yajurveda intersperses the Samhita with Brahmana commentary. Of the Black Yajurveda four major recensions survive (Maitrayani, Katha, Kapisthala-Katha, Taittiriya).

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hinduism/The_Vedas#Yajurveda
    So, "verses borrowed and adapted from the Rigveda" could be compressed and only the references retained.

I am at chapter 23 of the Yajurveda Verse 54, just for information.

Regards
No. Because if you only keep the footnotes you lose context. See by doing this you lose what makes the text valuable in the first place. Stop trying to misuse and dilute our scriptures into nothingness.

atanu

Premium Member
I have seen some higher caste Hindus outside India (in Europe) draw on notions of caste to justify their unequal/unfair treatment of those of lower castes. Certainly not saying all Hindus, but I have seen it happen.

I agree Ya'quub, while also pointing out that personal inclinations and biases are not equal to the scripture. I think you will agree.

Both in Vedas and in Gita, the Varna-s are said to be 4 functional aspects of same Atman, and therefore equally respectable.

Last edited:

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
the Qur'an is outdated.

Muslims are too fixated on their scripture, as if it would answer everything, ruling their lives. That's not what I called "living"

they are not so rigorous as Muslims are with the Qur'an.

Not all Muslims are so 'fixated' on the Qur'aan. To be sure, it is of fundamental importance to me. But I do recognise that not everything in it applies all of the time and in every place.

The scriptures are guides, not books of laws that they must followed.

Agreed.