• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't ask about Vinayaka

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You know what I mean by 'familiar'. You seem unaware that many Kemetic Gods are shown with animal heads.

shutterstock_1700211556-1024x489.png
Nice Gods. All males and all females wear standard clothes. Male Gods have 'ankh' ('Ankh' stands for eyes in Hindi/Urdu) in their hands and some thing like a sword (males) and a trident (all). Tell us briefly about that.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Nice Gods. All males and all females wear standard clothes. Male Gods have 'ankh' ('Ankh' stands for eyes in Hindi/Urdu) in their hands and some thing like a sword (males) and a trident (all). Tell us briefly about that.
I will when I'm out of bed later :)

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I was asked if I was unfamiliar with "kemetic gods," not whether I was familiar with symbols.

Am I to assume that, in fact, kemetic gods are symbols, and vice-versa?

Don't ask about Vinayaka

What you assume is up to you. What you should be aware of is that this isn't a debate thread. And that your flippant, rude commentary contributes nothing constructive or kind to it. So ponder that if/before you reply further.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
At the back the males have the ceremonial bull tail also worn by the Paro.

The sceptre they all hold is the Was Sceptre which is connected to power and dominion. It's head is often believed to be the Set animal or a wolf/dog/jackal head. In the Duat (Underworld) the Was Sceptre helps protect the dead. It's a basic symbol of power, effectively.

And the Ankh is of course associated with life.

This likely helps to represent the Kemetic sun-cycle, rejuvenation mythos including both elements of life and death. It also could be connected to a popular greeting/sign off given on letters etc, 'Ankh, Wedja, Seneb' - Life, Health, Prosperity.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I read the Penguin book on Egyptian Mythology decades ago, and I empathize with them. Why I was not more interested was because we ourselves have an equally large, varied and interesting mythology.