• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump says something that isn't true 5.5 times a day. Every day."

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Let's not make the mistake of treating ALL of ANY group as a single, homogeneous hive mind. Let's also not make the mistake of demanding situations today cannot differ from situations in the past.

Saddam Hussein and Osamabin Laden were allies of the US in the '80s, just for example.

I am not, but tribalism is a thing. Its just a socially acceptable prejudice, not much different from its sociallly unaccceptable relative racism.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I am not, but tribalism is a thing. Its just a socially acceptable prejudice, not much different from its sociallly unaccceptable relative racism.
Tribalism IS a thing, and an incredibly dangerous thing, at that. Let's not encourage it on either side, please.

Underhill

Its not like politicians in general (regardles of their leanings) are known to be honest upstanding individuals of our communities. Most are lying conniving scheming dirt bags. So Trump fits in well!

No, he really doesn't. Yes they are known to exaggerate, and occasionally lie, but he takes what was a problem to a whole new level of absurdity.

Enoch07

Premium Member
No, he really doesn't. Yes they are known to exaggerate, and occasionally lie, but he takes what was a problem to a whole new level of absurdity.

I don't see a difference. Other than they focus on Trump more, give the same amount of scrutiny to every other politician, and I'd wager similar results.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Somebody was counting? The .5, was that like a half-lie?
Are you familiar with an average?

av·er·age
ˈav(ə)rij/
noun
  1. a number expressing the central or typical value in a set of data, in particular the mode, median, or (most commonly) the mean, which is calculated by dividing the sum of the values in the set by their number.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
All politicians are. I thought this was a well know fact amongst U.S citizens. Apparently there are some naive ones yet!
He is pointing out the dangerous difference between Trump and the usual dishonest politicians. Trump has no appreciation or regard for what is true. He doesn't think reality is important. He feels that creating your own, dishonest reality is what is actually important for success. He lives in a fantasy world. He knows it's a fantasy, but he doesn't care because it makes him happy.

Other politicians are dishonest, but not to the same degree as Trump. Every day Trump is coming out with a new dishonest claim.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If you believe that, I got a bridge I'd sell to you.
Put your money where your mouth is. You mentioned CNN. Can you show me evidence of them lying over 5 times in one day? Or any other news organization.

When it comes to Trump, I can provide hundreds of dishonest, public statements. And, just so we are clear, dishonesty requires an intent to deceive. Inaccuracies are not enough.

Enoch07

Premium Member
Put your money where your mouth is. You mentioned CNN. Can you show me evidence of them lying over 5 times in one day? Or any other news organization.

When it comes to Trump, I can provide hundreds of dishonest, public statements. And, just so we are clear, dishonesty requires an intent to deceive. Inaccuracies are not enough.

How can you prove intent?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Btw, if you believe that Trump is more honest than the mainstream media, I think there is a bridge that HE would like to sell you.

I never said he was more or less honest than the media. Just that the MSM is very dishonest itself. :D

leibowde84

Veteran Member
How can you prove intent?
With Trump it's easy. He claims that things are facts or "known" when it is easy to see that they are based on nothing more than speculation, Fox News reporting, or unsubstantiated claims from others. If you say that something is a fact rather than saying that it is alleged or being looked into, that is a lie.

Enoch07

Premium Member
With Trump it's easy. He claims that things are facts or "known" when it is easy to see that they are based on nothing more than speculation, Fox News reporting, or unsubstantiated claims from others. If you say that something is a fact rather than saying that it is alleged or being looked into, that is a lie.

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said on a live coverage of the 2016 elections that downloading the Podesta emails from the Wikileaks website was illegal, and that only the media could legally do so. The statement drew criticism to the network for being false.

In October 2016, WikiLeaks published emails from John Podesta which showed CNN contributor Donna Brazile passing the questions for a CNN-sponsored debate to the Clinton campaign.[13] In the email, Brazile discussed her concern of Clinton's ability to field a question regarding the death penalty. The following day Clinton would receive the question about the death penalty, verbatim from an audience member at the CNN-hosted Town Hall event.[14]According to a CNNMoney investigation, the debate moderator Roland Martin of TV One "did not deny sharing information with Brazile."CNN severed ties with Brazile on October 14, 2016.

You may think it's ok to lie, and then apologize later only after they get caught. But it doesn't change the fact that CNN is a biased, corrupt, propoganda machine that shouldn't be trusted.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said on a live coverage of the 2016 elections that downloading the Podesta emails from the Wikileaks website was illegal, and that only the media could legally do so. The statement drew criticism to the network for being false.

In October 2016, WikiLeaks published emails from John Podesta which showed CNN contributor Donna Brazile passing the questions for a CNN-sponsored debate to the Clinton campaign.[13] In the email, Brazile discussed her concern of Clinton's ability to field a question regarding the death penalty. The following day Clinton would receive the question about the death penalty, verbatim from an audience member at the CNN-hosted Town Hall event.[14]According to a CNNMoney investigation, the debate moderator Roland Martin of TV One "did not deny sharing information with Brazile."CNN severed ties with Brazile on October 14, 2016.

You may think it's ok to lie, and then apologize later only after they get caught. But it doesn't change the fact that CNN is a biased, corrupt, propoganda machine that shouldn't be trusted.
Oh, there is a huge difference. All media outlets should be permitted and expected to make mistakes. So, if there is a retraction (or even better, an apology), there is no lie. Can you point out any time that Trump apologized or retracted one of his false claims?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

People make mistakes. So, if news organizations say something that isn't true, but then retract it and apologize for it later, they should absolutely be forgiven. But, if they say something that is not true, it becomes apparent that it isn't true, and they still refuse to retract it and apologize, then that is unforgivable.

Can you provide any examples of when CNN has done this?