• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Donald Trump says something that isn't true 5.5 times a day. Every day."

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That a lie. You watch CNN! :D They lie just about as much! Haha
Can you provide some examples? I hear this claim a lot, but when asked for specific examples of false claims that were never retracted or corrected, usually I get nothing.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Its not like politicians in general (regardles of their leanings) are known to be honest upstanding individuals of our communities. Most are lying conniving scheming dirt bags. So Trump fits in well!
He has certainly taken it to a new level though.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
LoL nope, actions speak louder than words. I look at a candidates actions and determine what I think they believe based on their past actions. Its not fool proof by any means, but it's better than believing the lies. At least imho. :D
Well, among his other "actions," there are 6 bankruptcies, which in essence saved his bacon while throwing thousands of innocent stakeholders and employees under the bus.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That's not my opinion. That is the opinion of the majority of the U.S. I did not chose the lesser of the 2 evils (Trump or Hillary) that most of the U.S. voted for, because they felt like they had no other choice. I voted for someone who I did not consider a lesser of the 2 evils.
And by the way, your statement that it "is the opinion of the majority of the U.S." is somewhat inaccurate. Clinton got nearly 3,000,000 more votes than Trump did, and even she did not get a "majority" of the votes. She won 48.5% while he won 46.4%

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
What "past actions" of Trump's persuaded you to vote for him?

Well, among his other "actions," there are 6 bankruptcies, which in essence saved his bacon while throwing thousands of innocent stakeholders and employees under the bus.

And by the way, your statement that it "is the opinion of the majority of the U.S." is somewhat inaccurate. Clinton got nearly 3,000,000 more votes than Trump did, and even she did not get a "majority" of the votes. She won 48.5% while he won 46.4%

More people who misunderstand! Honestly I think it's just people's blinding hate of Trump that they will attack anyone who slightly disagrees with them at all! Tribalism at it's finest!

I did not vote for Trump.

I did not vote for Hillary.

The majority of the U.S. did vote for either Hillary or Trump. Yes, Hillary had more votes than Trump, but no other candidates came close to those 2. So yes together, they had the majority of the votes.

Just do happens they are both crap candidates. That is the voters fault for continuing to settle and vote for candidates that are not up to par!

Enoch07

Premium Member
Can you provide some examples? I hear this claim a lot, but when asked for specific examples of false claims that were never retracted or corrected, usually I get nothing.

This is all one story mind you. I'll give you CNNs story:

How CNN found the Reddit user behind the Trump wrestling GIF - CNNPolitics

A non CNN pov:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-criticized-threatening-dox-reddit-users-identity-2017-7

And then the truth.

http://lidblog.com/cnn-blackmails-hanassholesolo/

Come to find out the guy CNN confronted, threatened to dox and publicly humiliate. Was actually the wrong guy.

What an upstanding organization. Totally trustworthy!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
More people who misunderstand! Honestly I think it's just people's blinding hate of Trump that they will attack anyone who slightly disagrees with them at all! Tribalism at it's finest!

The majority of the U.S. did vote for either Hillary or Trump. Yes, Hillary had more votes than Trump, but no other candidates came close to those 2. So yes together, they had the majority of the votes.

Just do happens they are both crap candidates. That is the voters fault for continuing to settle and vote for candidates that are not up to par!
I don't think I'm blind to anything. I apologise for misunderstanding you, thank you for the clarification.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
This is all one story mind you. I'll give you CNNs story:

How CNN found the Reddit user behind the Trump wrestling GIF - CNNPolitics

A non CNN pov:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cnn-criticized-threatening-dox-reddit-users-identity-2017-7

And then the truth.

http://lidblog.com/cnn-blackmails-hanassholesolo/

Come to find out the guy CNN confronted, threatened to dox and publicly humiliate. Was actually the wrong guy.

What an upstanding organization. Totally trustworthy!
What outside evidence are you basing your assumption that the lidblog article is correct?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Doesn't matter anecdotal evidence is usually not acceptable for a debate. Which is why I cited an article that states the same.
Wait, so you have no evidence that supports your claim that the lidblog article is accurate? It's not a court of law. I'm just curious why you made the claim.

idav

Being
Premium Member

You really think it's blind hate of Trump? Hilarious lol. Trump has given the world plenty to dispise and it hasn't gotten any better in the first year of office. Yeah there is certainly some blindness going on and it ain't coming from libs or the rest of the world.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Clarification please: how is my quoting the stats of the election "misunderstanding," and even more important, how is it "tribalism" (since I am a Canadian who didn't and couldn't vote for any of them)?

Enoch07

Premium Member

Liberalism is your tribe.

You really think it's blind hate of Trump?

Yes, considering the democrats didn't hate Trump (when he was a dem) in the 80's when he was on Oprahs show and she was basically begging him to run for PoTUS.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Liberalism is your tribe.

Yes, considering the democrats didn't hate Trump (when he was a dem) in the 80's when he was on Oprahs show and she was basically begging him to run for PoTUS.
Let's not make the mistake of treating ALL of ANY group as a single, homogeneous hive mind. Let's also not make the mistake of demanding situations today cannot differ from situations in the past.

Saddam Hussein and Osamabin Laden were allies of the US in the '80s, just for example.