• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does your belief / religion ect offer a better deal ?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The bible says without the shedding of blood there's no forgiveness of sins .So you could never 'earn 'heaven .
Nope. Grain offerings are acceptable.

Not every sin needs an offering or sacrifice.

But I know you're going to disagree with me even though it's right there in the Torah.

“But if he is poor and cannot afford so much, then he shall take one male lamb for a guilt offering to be waved, to make atonement for him, and a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, and a log of oil;"

Only unintentional sins, only certain ones, need sacrifices. Your 'Hebrews' author is wrong.

John1.12

Free gift
You flat out said:

this discussion could be had on the basis of if it is true
And you even reply to my post that flat out says:

assume the "offer" is 100% true
And now, in your very first reply to my very first post, the very first thing you do is change your tune....
If its true ,there's no assurance in Islam because its based on what you do .

John1.12

Free gift
Nope. Grain offerings are acceptable.

Not every sin needs an offering or sacrifice.

But I know you're going to disagree with me even though it's right there in the Torah.

“But if he is poor and cannot afford so much, then he shall take one male lamb for a guilt offering to be waved, to make atonement for him, and a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil for a grain offering, and a log of oil;"

Only unintentional sins, only certain ones, need sacrifices. Your 'Hebrews' author is wrong.
I.ll stick to the Scriptures on this one . Hebrews is scripture.

John1.12

Free gift
57ybx7.jpg
The ' New testament ' begins with the death of christ ,not the book of Matthew . You'd be surprised how many miss this one.

John1.12

Free gift
Yeah, like the ones who put the Bible together....
The chapter divisions and headings are not scripture lol . People put them in as a reference. The death of Christ starts the 'new testament '. Because that's what the bible says . You know the maps and that ribbon to hold your page? Thats also not scripture.

John1.12

Free gift
So only your understanding of what you follow can be true? Nothing Else?
Only what is objectively true is true . If Jesus says he's the only way and that all other ways are false then either its true objectively or false . If Jesus is the Only way then all other ways are false.

John1.12

Free gift
So only your understanding of what you follow can be true? Nothing Else?
I see that Jesus is the only way. This literally rules out all other ways. Its like there is one single door and everyone has to go through that exact same door . If a person goes through any other door its a brick wall behind it .

Psalm23

The chapter divisions and headings are not scripture lol . People put them in as a reference. The death of Christ starts the 'new testament '. Because that's what the bible says . You know the maps and that ribbon to hold your page? Thats also not scripture.

Do you mean the New Testament in your view starts in the book of Matthew with the chapter of Jesus’ crucifixion?

John1.12

Free gift
Do you mean the New Testament in your view starts in the book of Matthew with the chapter of Jesus’ crucifixion?
It begins after Jesus says " its finished ' . Which we read about in the scriptures . The exact time the 'new testament starts is the death.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The ' New testament ' begins with the death of christ ,not the book of Matthew . You'd be surprised how many miss this one.
Ok. Justify this statement.
I am certain that Jesus preaches about the coming Kingdom and who can get in and the nature of this Kingdom. Why is this not New Testament?

John1.12

Free gift
Ok. Justify this statement.
I am certain that Jesus preaches about the coming Kingdom and who can get in and the nature of this Kingdom. Why is this not New Testament?
These verse explains .
Heb 9
14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death , for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16¶For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.