• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does YHWH (Yahweh)- hate grand-sons and or grand-daughters?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Why? Please
The Christian-god had son (not sons!?), why he doesn’t he have grand-sons and or grand-daughters? Please
Did the Christian-god make his son impotent? Please
What a jealous
Christian-god?!

Thread open to the believers or religions or no religion, please.
Regards

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

Actually, I should thank you for that question. I couldn't remember where the face-palm emoji was stored and this thread gave me a good opportunity to learn. I'll be able to find it quicker for the next such question.

:facepalm:

Tumah

Veteran Member

Actually, I should thank you for that question. I couldn't remember where the face-palm emoji was stored and this thread gave me a good opportunity to learn. I'll be able to find it quicker for the next such question.

I hope your comment was open to believers and religions or no-religion for my amusement.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But one does not need to hide one's face. Jesus got married and had many off-springs, only because he was neither god nor son of god but a normal human being. Jesus was potent was never omni-potent as the Christianity would like its followers to believe.
Now,please, don't ask me asto why he got married in Kashmir and has off-spring there. One already knows it. Right? Please
Regards

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
But one does not need to hide one's face. Jesus got married and had many off-springs, only because he was neither god nor son of god but a normal human being. Jesus was potent was never omni-potent as the Christianity would like its followers to believe.
Now,please, don't ask me asto why he got married in Kashmir and has off-spring there. One already knows it. Right? Please
Regards

May I ask who told you this? By suggesting that Jesus married and had a bunch of kids, in Kashmir no less, that negates the whole reason for his earthly mission.
His was the "life for a life" written in the law of Moses. (Deuteronomy 19:20, 21; Exodus 21:23-25 ) Adam lost his perfect life and paid the penalty for his disobedience, but because he also caused the loss of perfect life for all his children a ransom was demanded under the law to atone for the life lost. The perfect life of Jesus was paid to ransom Adam's children.

No Christian believes that Jesus married and had children...that is complete nonsense.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't believe that all those >2 billion are actually Christians. Wearing a label is easy....living up to the tenets of a faith is another story completely.

Matthew 7:1-2

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Demonslayer

I don't believe that all those >2 billion are actually Christians. Wearing a label is easy....living up to the tenets of a faith is another story completely.

Have you sold all of your possessions like Jesus commanded in Matthew 19? If not, you may not be a true Christian.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

That's something I ask myself all the time. Personally I think true Christians are those who attempt to follow Christ's and only Christ's teachings and example (it's called Jesuism), not Paul's, to the best of their ability. It's not really practicable for everyone to sell everything they have, give the money to the poor and go live under a highway overpass in a cardboard box, for example. There are some non-Christians who are more Christian than some Christians. Two good books to read about Christ's teachings are Thomas Jefferson's Jefferson Bible and Swami Prabhavananda's The Sermon on the Mount According to Vedanta. It's odd that a Hindu teacher could write a better treatise on what Christ meant than most Christian writers.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you sold all of your possessions like Jesus commanded in Matthew 19? If not, you may not be a true Christian.

Though I think that's unpracticable, that verse is one of the reasons that I think too many self-labeled and self-satisfied Christians should shut up and sit down.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Demonslayer said:
Jainarayan said:
You can't know what all >2 billion Christians believe, can you? ;)
Though I think that's unpracticable, that verse is one of the reasons that I think too many self-labeled and self-satisfied Christians should shut up and sit down.

I agree with you.
The Christians so corrupt the scripture.
Regards

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
I agree with you.
The Christians so corrupt the scripture.
Regards

Who follower of the guy who raped a 9 year old and destroy public properties and went from land to land to slaughter and forcefully convert people, speaks about corruption in other religions

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

True Christians are those who follow the commands of Jesus Christ in their everyday life. They try to the best of their ability (in their circumstances) not to circumvent those commands or to justify not living up to them for any nationalistic reason. God no longer recognizes any nation as his own...he accepts people of all nations who accept his truth. (Acts 10:34-35)

It is not judgment, but a clear statement of fact based on the evidence. Just in one area alone we can see who is living up to the teachings of Jesus.
Matthew 5:43-48:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

Do you see Christians as a whole carrying out this command? What about Muslims? How does one love their enemies with a weapon?

Jesus asked nothing more of disciples than what they were able to give and he expected that they would treat his teachings with the respect they deserved.

Last edited: