• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Qur'an Deny the Crucifixion of Jesus?

loverOfTruth

You have used a literal interpretation of the verses.
DO not forget, the Quran has several layers of meaning.
You are mostly forgetting the inner meaning of Quran. You seem to only refer to outword meaning of Quran. Just as the Prophet had said, there will come a time, the Moslems only refer to the Outword meaning of Quran.

Once again, to remind you when we read Quran, we should consider its message as a whole. Quran warned that, we deny a part of the Book of God, and just use the parts we like.

"To every People is a time period fixed: When their time ends, they cannot delay an hour, and not (an hour) can they advance (the end)." Quran 7:34

al-A`raf 7:34

That means, when the end of a people arrives, God does not even wait for an hour.
what Does God do then, when the end of a people arives?

The answer is in the next verse, same Surah:

"O children of Adam! there shall come to you Apostles from among yourselves, rehearsing my signs to you; and whoso shall fear God and do good works, no fear shall be upon them, neither shall they be put to grief." 7:35

The answer is, when the end of a people arives, God sends them a Messenger, saying the verses of God to them.

I hope you get it. By the end of a people is meant, when, they go out of the way of God. They do not act according to the original teachings of God.

If you see these verses and ponder with no bias, I believe the truth of them appear to you.

The Messenger of God said: "At the end of the time of my ummah, the Mahdi will appear. God will grant him rain, the earth will bring forth its fruits, he will give a lot of money, cattle will increase and the ummah will become great. He will rule for seven or eight years.[13]

The Prophet said, “If my (Ummah) Community keeps on the right, it is going to enjoy an age of one day, and if it becomes corrupt, it will have an age of half a day.” [Al-Munawī cites it in Fayd al-Qadīr from Shaykh Muhyī al-Dīn Ibn ‘Arabī.]

"And one day according to Allah’s estimation is 1,000 years according to yours. "(Quran 22:47)

It is very illogical to think, when the end of a people spiritually arrives, and when the spirit of their faith dies out, God wait for several hundereds of years, then sends a guidance. No, The Mercifull and Kind God, sends His guidance, as soon as people gone astray.

But you can keep the beliefs of your sect, my friend. Our discussions are only to share our views, I am not saying you change your beliefs.

That's right - I don't need to learn how to understand/interpret the Qur'an from a Bahai.

InvestigateTruth

Well a lot of things in life don't seem fair to us because we don't have the full knowledge of it all - Only God has the full knowledge and wisdom.
Ok. If you say, you do not know the answer, but God, knows, that is fine. But remember, anybody can believe in illogical things, and when they don't have an answer, they can say: "Only God has the full knowledge and wisdom"
But, as i said, in my view, True Islam, does not teach injil or torah is corrupted. That is the whole point of all these questions I aksed.

According to your theory, it won't also seem fair that people were left spiritually dead/misguided for 1000 years from Solomon(pbuh) to Jesus's(pbuh) time either.
But this is not what I believe.
I do NOT believe people were left spiritually dead for 1000 years.
Perhaps, this is what you believe.

And before you start repeating your claims remember that you couldn't show any of those with scriptural evidence either. So it is no different than people who were there before Prophet Muhammad(pbuh).

I showed you every scriptural evidence. They are very clear. Perhaps you interpret those verses differently?
Plus, I have shown you that God doesn't do it but allows it to happen.
I never said, God does it. As I said, he created us with free will.

Furthermore, we believe God is the most JUST - so he won't do any injustice on the least bit to anyone
That is the reason, I said, He did not leave them with a corrupted Book. Because He is just and powerful. He can take care of His Book, so it does not get corrupted.

"Moreover,​
He said, We gave Moses the Book to complete Our favor on those who would do good to others; it contained details of all things, and was a guide and a mercy, so that they should believe in the ultimate meeting with their Lord." 6:154

This verse is saying God completed His favour to "them" by giving the Book to Moses. if the Book got corrupted, how could God's favour be completed to them?

That's like if someone's dady sends a gift to him, but when it reaches him, it got corrupted. Then he says, oh, I gave you my favour, now i don't have any more money to buy another gift. Is this how god is in your belief?
My God is powerful. When He gives His favour, it does not get corrupted.

and we shall see the Truth and Wisdom of it all on the day of Judgement.
Good luck.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

If you are arguing that Bible still contains fundamental teachings within it then we have no disagreement.

I think, here is a good point to start our converstation.
At least, it seems to me, we came to somewhat an agreement. Or atleast another common ground.

However, if you had somewhat agreed with the list I provided, as some of the Most Essencial Teachings of Quran and Bible. Then, I am interested to know your view on:

Do you believe, as far as we are talking about those essencial teachings, the Quran and Bible have any contraditions?

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
I think, here is a good point to start our converstation.
At least, it seems to me, we came to somewhat an agreement. Or atleast another common ground.

However, if you had somewhat agreed with the list I provided, as some of the Most Essencial Teachings of Quran and Bible. Then, I am interested to know your view on:

Do you believe, as far as we are talking about those essencial teachings, the Quran and Bible have any contraditions?

I would see no serious contradictions in the true teachings of the Bible. While a a modern day Christian would see a sharp contrast and additional confusion due to contradictions later created in it. I would be able to accept more authentic sources and judge whether certain parts contradict with the fundamentals in other parts. So it is not that clear cut. But from my perspective yes the teachings of Jesus (as) and Moses (as) were essentially the same, and we can trace them out of the Bibles we find today.

Could you kindly respond to my prior posts. Without such it feels like you make very irrational statements that you later just drop off when I bring them into questioning. It gets kind of confusing as it is unclear whether you even understand what I am posting or simply chose not to respond to some of them.

InvestigateTruth

I am not surprised that you could come up with such LIES regarding the interpretation of the Qur'an given you think rape=adultery,
That is a misrepresentation.
I did not say rape=adultery. I said, rape is a form of adultery.
Even some Moslems Translated the same word which means adultery, as rape.
For example:

"As for the fornicatoress and the fornicator (a female and a male guilty of rape), flog each female and a male guilty of rape one hundred lashes and do not take pity in enforcing the law ordained by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day, and let a party of the believers witness their punishment." 24:2 (translated by Farook Malik)

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/24/2/default.htm

Farook Malik is a lair too?

and given you think stars spiritually guide people
Stars spiritually guide people? where you got that idea?

Stars, accroding to Torah, and Traditions in Shia Islam, means the chosen ones of God, the saints, and Imams.
You could not find these?

Here are some references:

"It is authentically recorded from Imam Baqir (a.s.) that the Holy Prophet
(s.a.w.s.) has said that in this Ummat the example of my Ahlul Bayt is like the stars
in the sky (for every star that sets another star rises).

You are like the stars in the sky.

These are the just and truthful judges appointed by Allah and the guiding
stars and they are the straight path and they are the way which is the most straight.

Thereafter, Allah looked at the earth for the third time and, after me and after my brother Ali, chose eleven Imams who will arrive one after another as his vicegerents. They are like stars in the sky as when a star sets another one rises in its place

Traditions that explain, Sun, Moon, Stars and the firmament to denote the Holy Imams"

Source:
http://www.shiabooks.org/english/Hayat_Al_Qulub3.pdf

Also in Torah:

"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the
stars for ever and ever." Daniel 12:3

also, in Sufi traditions, stars are those who guide others with the light of their knowledge.
http://www.naqshbandi.org/naqshbandi.net/www/haqqani/sufi/naqshbandi.html

and not to mention that you think we are past the judgement day.
Well, i gave you the evidence. upto you to accept or not.

I guess you intentionally missed the part about the 'they change the words from their (right) places' and 'wrote the scripture with their own hands'. It is not talking about any other book - it is talking about physically changing the Scripture. Keep lying as much as you want - it just exposes your falsehood more and more.

If you are talking about the verse 5:41, here is the translation by Muhammad Asad:

"O APOSTLE! Be not grieved by those who vie with one another in denying the truth: such as those who say with their mouths, "We believe," the while their hearts do not believe; and such of the Jewish faith as eagerly listen to any falsehood, eagerly listen to other people without having come to thee [for enlightenment]. They distort the meaning of the [revealed] words, taking them out of their context, saying [to themselves], "If such-and-such [teaching] is vouchsafed unto you, accept it; but if it is not vouchsafed unto you, be on your guard!" [Be not grieved by them-] for if God wills anyone to be tempted to evil, thou canst in no wise prevail with God in his behalf. It is they whose hearts God is not willing to cleanse. Theirs shall be ignominy in this world, and awesome suffering in the life to come-" 5:41

http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/5/41/default.htm

Here is another translation by Pickthal:

"O Messenger! Let not them grieve thee who vie one with another in the race to disbelief, of such as say with their mouths: "We believe," but their hearts believe not, and of the Jews: listeners for the sake of falsehood, listeners on behalf of other folk who come not unto thee, changing words from their context and saying: If this be given unto you, receive it, but if this be not given unto you, then beware! He whom Allah doometh unto sin, thou (by thine efforts) wilt avail him naught against Allah. Those are they for whom the Will of Allah is that He cleanse not their hearts. Theirs in the world will be ignominy, and in the Hereafter an awful doom;" 5:41

All of these indicates, that they used the verses of Bible, out of context, to say it the way their vain desires tells them. It has nothing to do with changing the actual TEXT of Injil or Torah.

You are using a translation of Quran, which they added their own interpretations to Quran, and distorted Quran, with what they believe falsely. Thus, knowledge of Arabic, with an unbiased and without "pre-Judging" is required to see the truth.

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

That's right - I don't need to learn how to understand/interpret the Qur'an from a Bahai.

Well, that seems to me very biased. I would learn any thing from anybody, if they show me some truth. Does not matter if they are Moslem, Atheist, Christian,...etc.

P.S. I am just curious, if you ever went to Mosque for Friday Prayer...Have the Imams, or the Leads who speak in the Mosque, said anything regarding Baha'is?

InvestigateTruth

God did send different laws to different people as he willed to TEST them in their laws. No issues with that.

That means, you agree that if we see there are differences in the laws in Quran and in Injil or Torah, that does not mean Injil or Torah are corrupted, but, God had given them a different sets of Laws.

InvestigateTruth

I would see no serious contradictions in the true teachings of the Bible. While a a modern day Christian would see a sharp contrast and additional confusion due to contradictions later created in it. I would be able to accept more authentic sources and judge whether certain parts contradict with the fundamentals in other parts. So it is not that clear cut. But from my perspective yes the teachings of Jesus (as) and Moses (as) were essentially the same, and we can trace them out of the Bibles we find today.

But, do you agree that, those essencial teachings of Injil and Torah, which i have posted, are spread all over the Bible? I mean, do you agree that, almost all (if not all) of those essential teachings, can be seen in every chapter and section of Injil and Torah?

And you did not give me a straight answer. Do you believe the list I provided, are also some of the most essencial teachings of Quran?

Could you kindly respond to my prior posts. Without such it feels like you make very irrational statements that you later just drop off when I bring them into questioning. It gets kind of confusing as it is unclear whether you even understand what I am posting or simply chose not to respond to some of them.
I feel, they are repeating the same things over and over. Once I get time I will. For now I like to continue with what we are more in agreement.

InvestigateTruth

Muslims believe that the original Injeel is from the same God - so whatever in the current Bible agrees with the Qur'an - we have no problem accepting it as God's word. However, as I have stated earlier, even if the Bible has been changed/altered/corrupted 90%, it still does not take anything from the fact that 10% of that Book is still from the same God and hence similar in message.
What you are missing is that, the Word that Quran uses is "Tahrif".
According to Moslem Scholar Amin Ahsan, there are 4 types of tahrif:

Amin Ahsan Islahi writes about four types of tahrif:[6]

1. To deliberately interpret something in a manner that is totally opposite to the intention of the author. To distort the pronunciation of a word to such an extent that the word changes completely.
  2. To add to or delete a sentence or discourse in a manner that completely distorts the original meaning. For example, according to Islam, the Jews altered the incident of the migration of the Prophet Abraham in a manner that no one could prove that Abraham had any relationship with the Kaaba.
  3. To translate a word that has two meanings in the meaning that is totally against the context. For example the Hebrew word that is equivalent to the Arabic ‘ابن’ was translated as ‘son’ whereas it also meant ‘servant’ and ‘slave’.
  4. To raise questions about something that is absolutely clear in order to create uncertainty about it, or to change it completely.
3 out of 4 types of tahrif, means misinterpretation, and twisting the meaning.

In fact, the original word, means, to twist words, as you speak to alter the truth. It has nothing to do with changing the actual Text.

The idea that the actual Text are corrupted is refuted by Christian scholars as well.

Source:

Tahrif - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

This site has done a good job, to show, the idea that the text of Injil ot Torah are corrupted, was not part of the original Islam, teachings of the Prophet and His companions.

Islam teaches the Torah is corrupted / tahrif, but what does that mean? | Judaism and Islam – comparing the similarities between Judaism and Islam

Al-Bukhari reported that Ibn ‘Abbas said [the Jews] alter and add although none among Allah’s creation can remove the words from His book, they alter and distort their apparent meaning”

In the year 796 Abu l-Rabi Muhammad ibn al-Layth (a courtier to Kalif Harun al-Rashid ) penned a letter to Constatine VI stating that the word “tahrif” should be read as the Jews had distorted their sense. “Whoever looks in the books of the prophets will find Muhammad (PBUH) mentioned, but the people of the book have obscured these references by changing their interpretation”

gnostic

The Lost One
investigatetruth said:
This site has done a good job, to show, the idea that the text of Injil ot Torah are corrupted, was not part of the original Islam, teachings of the Prophet and His companions.

Islam teaches the Torah is corrupted / tahrif, but what does that mean? | Judaism and Islam – comparing the similarities between Judaism and Islam

Al-Bukhari reported that Ibn ‘Abbas said [the Jews] alter and add although none among Allah’s creation can remove the words from His book, they alter and distort their apparent meaning”

In the year 796 Abu l-Rabi Muhammad ibn al-Layth (a courtier to Kalif Harun al-Rashid ) penned a letter to Constatine VI stating that the word “tahrif” should be read as the Jews had distorted their sense. “Whoever looks in the books of the prophets will find Muhammad (PBUH) mentioned, but the people of the book have obscured these references by changing their interpretation”
The problems are that the Quran is a completely different scripture to the Hebrew scriptures. Certainly nothing to compare the two to show where the corruptions lie.

It is nothing more than Muslim propaganda to believe that the Hebrew bible (or the Christian bible) is corrupted.

If you we're to compare the same myths in each of the scriptures (Quran & Tanakh), then it is the Quran that have corrupted the stories.

As an example, in the life story of Solomon, according to 1 Kings 1 to 10, nothing in it say that Solomon to control the winds, or talk to or command animals (like birds and ants) and demons (or the Islamic jinns), which the Quran say he did. All it say that Solomon gain divine wisdom from god to rule his kingdom wisely and justly, and that his kingdom became powerful and wealthy as the result of his wisdom. Nothing in the biblical version say that Solomon was a Jewish version of Doctor Doolittle.

To me, the Quran has the corrupted version about Solomon. The corrupted version comes from the Testament of Solomon, written in the 1st century CE or later. Testament of Solomon is nothing more than a fable or fairy tale.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
It is nothing more than Muslim propaganda to believe that the Hebrew bible (or the Christian bible) is corrupted.

If you we're to compare the same myths in each of the scriptures (Quran & Tanakh), then it is the Quran that have corrupted the stories.

No thats not true, you are speaking out of ignorance.

Most of the websites that discuss the bible mistakes and corruptions are actually non muslim sites.

just few samples

Bible Errors and Contradictions | Freethought Debater
Bible Babble - Many Errors in the Holy Bible
Factual Errors and Internal Contradictions in the Bible
Errors and Contradictions in the Bible
Bible Inconsistencies: Bible Contradictions?

Just few samples

[youtube]RB3g6mXLEKk[/youtube]
Quiz Show (Bible Contradictions) - YouTube

[youtube]hE4Lbrik_eU[/youtube]
Biblical Errors, Contradictions and Fallacies (Part 1 of 8) - YouTube

[youtube]NROmxeHmyJo[/youtube]
Bible Errors - YouTube

[youtube]YuCFml5mHYM[/youtube]
Bible errors (too many to cover here) - YouTube

[youtube]3mQZbrY70rU[/youtube]
Bible Contradictions and Bible Errors - YouTube

gnostic

The Lost One
feargod said:
No thats not true, you are speaking out of ignorance.

Most of the websites that discuss the bible mistakes and corruptions are actually non muslim sites.

The thing is:

1. I've never visit these sites.
  2. And I don't (or I rarely do) watch YouTube videos with religious themes. They are usually waste of my time.
What I do see is that a number of Muslim members often start threads about the corruptions of the Christian Bible and the Torah/Tanakh.

I do believe and think that the Bible have a lot of inconsistencies, errors, etc. I don't believe any scripture to be infallible, whether it be the Torah, gospels, Qur'an, Rigveda, Bhagavad Gita, Book of Mormon, etc.

They all have their flaws. Those who deny the flaws or inconsistencies are either ignorant or delusional.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
i do believe and think that the Bible have a lot of inconsistencies, errors, etc. I don't believe any scripture to be infallible, whether it be the Torah, gospels, Qur'an, Rigveda, Bhagavad Gita, Book of Mormon, etc.

They all have their flaws. Those who deny the flaws or inconsistencies are either ignorant or delusional.

you're entitled to your own opinion

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
As an example, in the life story of Solomon, according to 1 Kings 1 to 10, nothing in it say that Solomon to control the winds, or talk to or command animals (like birds and ants) and demons (or the Islamic jinns), which the Quran say he did. All it say that Solomon gain divine wisdom from god to rule his kingdom wisely and justly, and that his kingdom became powerful and wealthy as the result of his wisdom. Nothing in the biblical version say that Solomon was a Jewish version of Doctor Doolittle.

To me, the Quran has the corrupted version about Solomon. The corrupted version comes from the Testament of Solomon, written in the 1st century CE or later. Testament of Solomon is nothing more than a fable or fairy tale.

The problem is your interpretation of those verses. They possibly cannot literally stand for what Orthodox Muslims have made it into or it would clearly contradict with other verses and with common sense. Some contradictions lay in interpretations and it is my opinion that there is where your Quranic contradictions are. As to the Bible comparing the history of its compilation with the history of collection of the Quran speaks for itself. I am hoping that out of the two times I posted about how the Quran was collected you had some time to read the reference I gave.

InvestigateTruth

The problems are that the Quran is a completely different scripture to the Hebrew scriptures. Certainly nothing to compare the two to show where the corruptions lie.
Well, besides the Historical Narratives, wouldn't you agree both have the same essencial teachings?

Well, from my view, and what I see based on my research, the idea that Bible is corrupted started many years after Muhammad and after early Moslems.
So, Now the Moslems just take it as a fact and believe that is what Quran or Muhammad taught.

Well, Bible also said in a direct way Soloman knew how to talk with animals. Bible refers to certain people who were brutal and sinners as beasts and animals.
The same is Quran. It calles those who are oppressors and transgressor, sinners as animals like pigs or apes. Solomon had to deal with that kind of people. Just some symbolic stories in my belief.

I think it depends on interpretation.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Aha,interpretation again otherwise fairy stories.:)

Yep,how come that little ants can speak,that is impossible and we should find a suitable interpretation to it otherwise it is just a fairy story.:facepalm:

Yes,if we won't have faith on god that he could do miracles,then we wouldn't believe on anything.

Just think about the amazing nose of the dog,if we heard for an example one human that got similar ability as the dog in the past times,then we'll say that was just a fairy story.:shrug:

the dog can smell a particular body whatever we tried to hide it's actual smell by even stronger odors.for example the dog can detect a person odor even if we sinked his body with perfumes,still it can go directly to him,and similar things for drugs and even money that it can be detected by dogs.that isn't a fairy stories,but just amazing one.

Back to ants,oh what amazing,science found out that it talk and speak.:confused:

i'm just explaining and defending my holy book for my muslim brothers as not to be deceived by such a rediculous topics about the miracles that to be shown as a fairy stories and i am sorry that i wouldn't discuss it with the unbelievers because we won't agree on any point,simply because of faith

[youtube]eZfb5sKjiY4[/youtube]
New Discovery: Ants Can Talk.flv - YouTube

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
FearGod said:
Aha,interpretation again otherwise fairy stories.

Yep,how come that little ants can speak,that is impossible and we should find a suitable interpretation to it otherwise it is just a fairy story.

Yes,if we won't have faith on god that he could do miracles,then we wouldn't believe on anything.

Just think about the amazing nose of the dog,if we heard for an example one human that got similar ability as the dog in the past times,then we'll say that was just a fairy story.

the dog can smell a particular body whatever we tried to hide it's actual smell by even stronger odors.for example the dog can detect a person odor even if we sinked his body with perfumes,still it can go directly to him,and similar things for drugs and even money that it can be detected by dogs.that isn't a fairy stories,but just amazing one.

Back to ants,oh what amazing,science found out that it talk and speak.

i'm just explaining and defending my holy book for my muslim brothers as not to be deceived by such a rediculous topics about the miracles that to be shown as a fairy stories and i am sorry that i wouldn't discuss it with the unbelievers because we won't agree on any point,simply because of faith

It's not so much that ants could communicate with other...I don't have a problem with that. All animals can communicate with each other.

And sure people can train some animals to do something as commanded, like dogs and horses, or parrot to mimic human words, none of these actually indicate that we can understand what any of these animals say or think. Parrot maybe able to copy the word of what a person may say, but it doesn't mean the bird know what any of those words mean.

However, in the verses, for anyone knowing what the ants are saying that I find so ridiculous if you were to take the verses literally. That's what make this part of the Quran to be FABLE.

Miracles are simple cheap way of not understanding certain phenomena, and attributing to god, spirit, jinn or magic. Or miracles can be seen as nothing more than exaggerations or embellishments, to either make a story more interesting or more than what it seem. Either way, miracles are nothing more than superstition or wishful thinking.

PS Science only know that ants can communicate with each other, but they know what they are communicating about. So your claim is rather pointless.

Last edited:

F0uad

Well, from my view, and what I see based on my research, the idea that Bible is corrupted started many years after Muhammad and after early Moslems.
So, Now the Moslems just take it as a fact and believe that is what Quran or Muhammad taught.

Well the Quran itself gives us such verses and the commentaries that directly comes from authentic hadiths say the same thing. Give us evidence that shows otherwhise?

InvestigateTruth

Aha,interpretation again otherwise fairy stories.:)
Yep,how come that little ants can speak,that is impossible and we should find a suitable interpretation to it otherwise it is just a fairy story.:facepalm:

Just think about the amazing nose of the dog,if we heard for an example one human that got similar ability as the dog in the past times,then we'll say that was just a fairy story.:shrug:

Back to ants,oh what amazing,science found out that it talk and speak.:confused:

[youtube]eZfb5sKjiY4[/youtube]
New Discovery: Ants Can Talk.flv - YouTube

Dear FearGod, Thanks for the interesting youtube.

My view on Miracles, and the Holy Book and God:

I believe, when we get up in the Morning, the Sun is raised, that is a Miracle every day, which we take it for granted. There are so many signs, for us, if we want to ponder in the universe and the Books of God.
I believe the Powerful God created it, and maintains it. These are the signs for those who want to believe.
As for the Messengers of God, their proof is their Book. "Is it not enough for them that we revealed the Book?" Quran declairs.

When people asked the Messengers, for Miracles, their request is rejected.
Refer to Quran. See how, everytime they asked for a Miracle, Muhammad rejected them. See Súrih of the Children of Israel.
They said to Muhammad:
We never will believe you, unless you cause a fountain to come out for us from the earth; or unless you have a garden of palm trees and vines, and unless you cause rivers to spring forth from the Middle of ground; or you must cause the heaven to fall down on us, or you bring God and the angels to testify for you; or you must have a house of gold; or you go up to heaven then send down to us a book which we may read.

He, the Holy Prophet Said to them: "Praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?"

Now be fair! Those Arabs at that time said such words. How different would we be, if we base our beliefs on these things?

"Is it not enough that we sent down the Book?"

Quran farther declairs:

“And when Our clear verses are recited to them, their only argument is to say, ‘Bring back our fathers, if ye speak the truth!’” Quran 45:24

Note. Were those people really after truth, or after finding ways to reject the truth of the Book? Did the Book have any values to them, or they only cared about seeing miracles?
If we base our beliefs on the same things, how different we are from them?

If God wanted to do miracles and make everyone to believe, He would do.

"If We wanted, We could send down upon them a sign from the heaven before which they would bend their necks in submission,
but that is not what We want" Quran 26:3

As you are aware, Quran says some of its verses are symbolic. (see Quran 3:7)

God teaches by parables.

"Surely Allah is not ashamed to set forth any parable-- (that of) a gnat or any thing above that; then as for those who believe, they know that it is the truth from their Lord, and as for those who disbelieve, they say: What is it that Allah means by this parable: He causes many to err by it and many He leads aright by it! but He does not cause to err by it (any) except the transgressors," Quran 2:26

"The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of a spider who builds for itself a dwelling, and surely the weakest of all dwellings is the dwelling of a spider, if they but knew it." Quran 29:41

Those spiders talk too!

Last edited: