• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the Bible Permit Women to Lead, Teach, Preach or Speak?

OnPower

Judaism is not like Christianity at all in fact you will find many opinions by Jews about women but in my Jewish home there is not submission by me and there is a marriage of equality.

at the head of man is Christ
at the head of a woman
is man

just sayin

I guess you forgot to read the Torah :slap:

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
that was a good try

if we read the account, God could not find anyone else to take the role of authority

They were all busy worshipping false gods

Do you need me to post this for you ?

:run:

Deborah deserves some credit, but she wasn't married.

OnPower

I see that you have all forgotten a pertinent scripture

Genesis 3:16: Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

"rule over thee"

Just Sayin

Songbird

She rules her life like a bird in flight
I don't intend to sound snide when I say this is one of the reasons I left Christianity. That so many people spend so much time debating this made me wonder what exactly Christ is about.

Of course, there were other reasons, like people believing the infallibility or divinity of a text over which few agree.

And anyone or any religion who forbids a gender from something only by appeal to religion doesn't hold water for me.

Songbird

Genesis 3:16: Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

"rule over thee"

Just Sayin
:sarcastic And the ground was cursed in the next verse too: "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life."

But as far as I can tell, God never instructed anyone not to improve that condition. We have tractors and irrigation and pesticides.

Why wouldn't we be able to do that with other curses?

OnPower

I don't intend to sound snide when I say this is one of the reasons I left Christianity. That so many people spend so much time debating this made me wonder what exactly Christ is about.

Of course, there were other reasons, like people believing the infallibility or divinity of a text over which few agree.

And anyone or any religion who forbids a gender from something only by appeal to religion doesn't hold water for me.

the bible is about the Truth, not christianity?

Can you be more specific about what it is that you misunderstood

And please note, the Lord dwells not in churches

Songbird

"rule over thee"

Just Sayin

Also, the snake was cursed more than any other animal.

But what does that mean?

The curses make no sense.

OnPower

:sarcastic And the ground was cursed in the next verse too: "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life."

But as far as I can tell, God never instructed anyone not to improve that condition. We have tractors and irrigation and pesticides.

Why wouldn't we be able to do that with other curses?

Lets read the verse together and (actually) see why Adam was cursed

Genesis 3:17: And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

do you see it? :shrug:

Songbird

Genesis 3:17: And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Yes. I see a mythological explanation of life. A mythology that makes sense only to those who need it to.

Songbird

how do you travel all around and get to the snake?

Can we stay on track?

On track? It's a curse listed right before the others. It's relevant because you quote a curse in context as authority for an application today.

How do other curses not apply to us, but the one you like does? Especially when they are in the same chapter in the same context.

Songbird

the bible is about the Truth, not christianity?

Can you be more specific about what it is that you misunderstood

And please note, the Lord dwells not in churches

I'm not sure what you're asking me...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

Wait... it seems to me that you're saying that all of humanity's misfortunes are a consequence of man listening to woman... the implication being that men today should know not to listen to women.

Is that what you're driving at?

OnPower

Adam was cursed because he followed lead

instead of leading

If God told you to lead anything, would YOU be found in the back?