• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the bible describe what the devil/satan looks like

Yokefellow

Does being passive aggressive with those that challenge you help advance you to salvation?

Does defending and 'liking' those that actually do make passive aggressive comments advance you to yours?

That is a nice little choir sermon...

Not only was that comment rude and insulting, but it also insinuates that I am breaking the rules by 'Preaching/Proselytizing' which you agreed with. I obviously was not. Nevertheless, if all you are going to do is attack Christians all day, every day, while also defending others that do the same, then please let me know so I can go elsewhere. Seriously, this is a common pattern whenever you and I interact. I am absolutely sick of your constant nastiness towards me.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Does defending and 'liking' those that actually do make passive aggressive comments advance you to yours?
You appear to be confused. The only person that made a passive aggressive post here was you, and I don't recall liking that post or defending you.

I liked @McBell's post because he made a valid observation. And instead of addressing the observation, you dismissed him, and when called out on your dismissal and you claim, you failed to address the argument once again and instead became passive aggressive.

Yokefellow

You appear to be confused. The only person that made a passive aggressive post here was you, and I don't recall liking that post or defending you.

I liked @McBell's post because he made a valid observation. And instead of addressing the observation, you dismissed him, and when called out on your dismissal and you claim, you failed to address the argument once again and instead became passive aggressive.

I completely disagree. You have made, and are continually making, false accusations against me.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I am saying that you appear to have chosen the body type of your next incarnation. What is done is done.
So then your claim of providing the verses that give physical descriptions of satan was what, exactly?
I flat out ask because so far it appears to be a huge steaming pile of bovine feces.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
With all due respect, I was not 'presenting a sermon', which happens to be a rule violation.

Are you trying to get me in trouble?
Except for the sermon you presented...
I have no problem with your sermon.
I mean, other than the fact it was offered up in place of the verses you claimed you would provide.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Are there any bible verses that describe what the devil/satan looks like?

How did this version come to be?

View attachment 85645

The only verse I know that references his external appearance is this:

"And no wonder! Even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light." 2 Corinthians 11:14

Representations of Satan in Christian art should be understood as symbolic.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The Bible is filled with euphemism (meat of the Word). Most Christians are still on the 'nursery rhyme' (Milk) interpretations.
Or we're just not interested in making everything about sex in some bizarre fashion. I mean, what the hell is all I can say to your personal interpretation of the Bible. That's a totally different religion than Christianity you're going on about. :rolleyes:

Yokefellow

Or we're just not interested in making everything about sex in some bizarre fashion. I mean, what the hell is all I can say to your personal interpretation of the Bible. That's a totally different religion than Christianity you're going on about. :rolleyes:

No. That would be you making it about "sex in some bizarre fashion."

I clearly stated that the Bible is about Eugenics. It uses euphemism so that the information could be taught to children without being graphic.

Example:

"Where do babies come from?"

Answer...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Interpretation taught to Child: Babies come from the lowest parts of the Earth.
Interpretation taught to Adults: Babies come from the Womb.

In other words, the 'lowest parts of the Earth' is a euphemism for the uterus. Christians are almost never taught the 'adult education' meaning.

Do people nowadays not get this? Is there anyone who still cares about keeping the minds of kids innocent, or is all about sex no matter what age?

And I am the bad guy here?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
No. That would be you making it about "sex in some bizarre fashion."

I clearly stated that the Bible is about Eugenics. It uses euphemism so that the information could be taught to children without being graphic.

Example:

"Where do babies come from?"

Answer...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Interpretation taught to Child: Babies come from the lowest parts of the Earth.
Interpretation taught to Adults: Babies come from the Womb.

In other words, the 'lowest parts of the Earth' is a euphemism for the uterus. Christians are almost never taught the 'adult education' meaning.

Do people nowadays not get this? Is there anyone who still cares about keeping the minds of kids innocent, or is all about sex no matter what age?

And I am the bad guy here?
You're the one talking about wombs, semen, sperm and eggs (which would've been unknown to the Biblical authors) in this thread, not me. You're the one making it about sex with the Devil ejaculating into Babylon or whatever weirdness you were on about.

Also, Christianity is opposed to eugenics, so I'm not sure why you're using that term.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Everyone is entitled to their opinions and interpretations. I am simply following the instructions for proper exegesis...
Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

I am taught to seek the Kingdom of God first before anything else. What is the Kingdom of God?
Luke 17:21
"Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Please notice that in verse 21 Jesus is addressing his enemies the hate-filled Pharisees.
Thus, the kingdom of God would Not be within them, but Jesus was within their midst, among them.
It is Not until the next verse at Luke 17:22 that Jesus then addresses his disciples.

Jesus as King designate of God Kingdom, God's government for a thousand years - see Daniel 2:44-45; 7:18
So, the Kingdom of God is God's royal government in the hands of Christ Jesus for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26