• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God never sent His Son into the world to save the whole world. That is rubbish and unbiblical, God sent His Son to save His elect only.
God wants everyone to be saved, which doesn't mean the same thing to Baha'is as it means to Christians.
It does not mean saved from an alleged original sin of Adam and Eve, it means knowing and loving God, being close to God in one's heart.

John 10
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I believe John 10:16 is a prophecy that refers to what will happen when Christ returns.

Hebrews 9:28 "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."

“WE, verily, have come for your sakes, and have borne the misfortunes of the world for your salvation. Flee ye the One Who hath sacrificed His life that ye may be quickened? Fear God, O followers of the Spirit (Jesus), and walk not in the footsteps of every divine that hath gone far astray… Open the doors of your hearts. He Who is the Spirit (Jesus) verily, standeth before them.” Proclamation of Bahá’u’lláh, p, 92

WE refers to Jesus and Baha'u'llah.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The vast majority of people think they know what love is, because they all imagine it to be the way they want it to be. Nobody cares about the awful truth of meaning of the word.
Love is sacrifice and giving up what one wants for oneself in the interest of others.

Matthew 16:24-26 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
A person who is not converted cannot believe in true love, they may display outward signs of love and do good works. But these are as filthy rags in Gods sight, because can see that their motive for displaying these outward signs is selfish and wicked.
Anyone who sacrifices what they want for the good of others is displaying signs of love. It doesn't matter of they are a believer or a nonbeliever.
So in summary, Gods Children are the only ones who can love others, I mean love in the true sense and not the type that the worldly, unconverted people display. They only love themselves and everything they do for others is for selfish reasons, in order to gain something. But true love is unconditional.
All humans are capable of love. It doesn't matter what they believe or disbelieve.

Seems to me that Christians are the ones who love for selfish reasons since they are the ones hoping to get to heaven. Whatever an atheist does is out of the goodness of his heart, not to get something for himself. His reward is knowing he did the right thing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God spoke through His Prophets and everything is documented and confirmed, but God hides it from the reprobate as He hates them.
What ever happened to the Christian belief that God is Love?

God does not hate anyone. God loves everyone.

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

"How ignorant therefore the thought that God who created man, educated and nurtured him, surrounded him with all blessings, made the sun and all phenomenal existence for his benefit, bestowed upon him tenderness and kindness, and then did not love him. This is palpable ignorance, for no matter to what religion a man belongs even though he be an atheist or materialist nevertheless God nurtures him, bestows His kindness and sheds upon him His light."

('Abdu'l-Baha, Star of the West, Vol. 8, issue 7, p. 78)

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
OK, do you prefer "Bad" or "Sinful" or "Evil" or "Depraved" or "Sinister" or some other description of a wicked person. Like what are you trying to say, are you trying to water down the fact that everyone is born hating God and loving their sin and that their heart is wicked above all things. You can't sidestep the fact, that everyone is born wicked and they deserve all condemnation, age doesn't change the fact at all.
In essence, though, an infant cannot said to be predestined to be evil. Even in Cain's case, God warned him but he did not listen. Children must be taught, and God wants parents to teach their children right from wrong, or what is good or evil by God's standards.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well, I can't help all that. I just use this as a general guideline. If I know someone is autistic, I treat them as I would want to be treated IF I WAS AUTISTIC. Otherwise, I just default and frankly it's up to them to let me know or deal with it.
I am a bit confused. How would you know how you would want to be treated if you were autistic? I do not think that a person can properly imagine the effects of that over a lifetime of an individual. In fact I doubt if all would want to be treated the same. But then I wouldn't know. Or would I? I wonder how accurate on line testing of autism would be.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I am a bit confused. How would you know how you would want to be treated if you were autistic? I do not think that a person can properly imagine the effects of that over a lifetime of an individual. In fact I doubt if all would want to be treated the same. But then I wouldn't know. Or would I? I wonder how accurate on line testing of autism would be.
I really have no idea about online testing. I would start by asking that person that I knew to be autistic for clarification on how it felt to them. Then I would respond accordingly.

PearlSeeker

I'm sorry to have to correct you again, but God said He hates certain people before they're even born. There are many examples but I'll just cite one here for the sake of time.

Romans 9:10-13

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one man, even by our father Isaac 11 (for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), 12 it was said to her, “The older shall serve the younger.” 13 As it is written, “Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.”

You can see here that God hated Esau before he was born, remember God can see the future as if it had already happened. He knew Esau would sell his soul, that's why He hated him before he was born.
Congratulations, you have found a Bible contradiction!

Matthew 5
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Last edited:

Banach-Tarski Paradox

Seems to me that Christians are the ones who love for selfish reasons since they are the ones hoping to get to heaven. Whatever an atheist does is out of the goodness of his heart, not to get something for himself. His reward is knowing he did the right thing.

I call that “purity of motives”, and some cultures consider this the most important aspect of morality.

Other cultures aren’t so concerned about establishing “purity of motives” for making decisions, and which are more flexible in taking advantage of opportunities for survival. So practical considerations trump any concern for “purity of motives”.

A good example would be the laws of slavery. Even in the Holy Bible there are rules regarding the treatment of slaves. And of course, there are more modern versions that the House of Bourbon attempted to institute back in the 1700s, in order to rationalize the system and make slavery more profitable, including insuring the uniform treatment of slaves. (The slaves were being seriously abused in Cauca.)

Now, if one is Catholic, the main concern is how the new rules would affect everyday lives for Black folks, and “purity of motives” isn’t even an issue.

So, of course, the slaves and the palettes violently supported the new rules, and the masters violently opposed the new rules.

In the 21st century, there is a temptation in our secular western society to privilege “purity of motives” over practical considerations, and if we are not careful, we may end up supporting the masters in Cauca against the slaves, the way that some here in the USA end up supporting the old Confederacy.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Are you claiming to speak for god?
Many do that, but never see it that way. They point to the book and say, "It clearly says right here ..." and then give an interpretation that the next believer disagrees with.
You contradict yourself in every sentence ... there's no consistency in what you claim to believe
If that were correct, you could demonstrate it, but it's not, so you can't.
All the information in the links is trash, all of it was simply twisting scriptures to say what they don't.
But I notice you didn't even attempt to refute a single one. I think I'm seeing a pattern here.
you cite problems with everything but you never offer your solutions.
Same answer. You're wrong, and the evidence for that is that you cannot defend your claim with citations. It's really rather easy to dispatch with your false claims.
I would like to offer some insight and counseling
I've already told you that I'm not looking for life advice. I'm also not offering it, at least not unsolicited.

You must think that you cut an appealing figure. I know that you think you're physically a catch and have explained to all how intelligent you think you are and how people wish to be like you (or maybe you said be you), but reality check: I don't want to be you or like you.
God will demonstrate His righteous hatred and wrath when He casts them into the lake of fire ... Everyone is born with a sin nature and deserving condemnation
What a dismal worldview and unlovable deity.
Many of those babies you defend will become murderers and pedophiles.
And more of your anti-human, worldview. You could just as easily have said that most will not become murderers or pedophiles, but your mind is fixed on sin, righteous indignation, and punishment.
Do you know what "Love" means
I do, but I doubt that you do. You consider your god loving, right? You've written this: "God doesn't need to wait for the criminal to grow up before they rape and murder. He hates them before they are born."
nothing you posted shows they are not wicked. You wanna call it a dead rubber stale mate?
Uh, no. You made a claim and can't support it. That's not a draw. You don't have a leg to stand on:

1715277561901.png

The Black Night. Favorite movies? Footloose and A Farewell To Arms.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
OK well, that's all well and good @Shadow Wolf but I'm not autistic. Someone asked me about MY beliefs and I answered. You do you.

I think about 1 in 45 adults have some form of autism.
Side note, I wonder what is causing this rise.