• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Paul Rub You the Wrong Way

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
And as the Messiah, how does He save His people?

. . . which people? There are millions of people through many cultures through out humanityI consider salvation to be universal throughout the history of humanity, and each culture has its own criteria on what is 'salvation,' which is a a contradiction of vast proportions. The Christian view is the most paradoxical of a sacrifice required for salvation. Sacrifices to appease God or God(s) is an ancient human view of God, and presents contracdictions of the relationship between humanity and God.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
. . . which people? There are millions of people through many cultures through out humanityI consider salvation to be universal throughout the history of humanity, and each culture has its own criteria on what is 'salvation,' which is a a contradiction of vast proportions. The Christian view is the most paradoxical of a sacrifice required for salvation. Sacrifices to appease God or God(s) is an ancient human view of God, and presents contracdictions of the relationship between humanity and God.
I guess the ones He came to save. Does He save some of em different than others?

74x12

What is it about his teachings that causes you disharmony?
Some of the things he says are hard to understand as Peter also wrote in the 2nd epistle of Peter. The thing is Paul was different and saw things from another perspective. But that doesn't mean he disagreed with the other apostles.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is it about his teachings that causes you disharmony?
Most scholars these days think Paul didn't write 1 Timothy ─ instead a later author did, who fibbed that it was by Paul.

But if Paul wrote 1 Timothy then the bit about having to pay your ministers (1 Timothy 5:17-18) is a bit rich for me. You pay ministers because you want to, not because you have to.

(Sex terrified him, but that's just Paul.)

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Ok then, His people are those He came to save. How's that happen?

We are getting really far afield, but nonetheless. Salvation is determined by God as we journey through many worlds. From my perspective. which is limited it would basically the sincerity of individual to do the will of God.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Most scholars these days think Paul didn't write 1 Timothy ─ instead a later author did, who fibbed that it was by Paul.

But if Paul wrote 1 Timothy then the bit about having to pay your ministers (1 Timothy 5:17-18) is a bit rich for me. You pay ministers because you want to, not because you have to.

(Sex terrified him, but that's just Paul.)

I go for Paul did not write 1 Timothy.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Paul's teaching have never rubbed me the right way or wrong. Much like a Louisianian BBQ he tends to smother me in self righteous verbilage.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
If the Christian faith was based solely on the teachings of Christ without the influence of the NT letters, I doubt there would be so many different denominations. I think it was @Hockeycowboy that made the point that there was some 30,000 different Christian denominations. Most of those differences are based on interpretations of Pauls teachings whereas (to me anyway) the teachings of Jesus were much clearer. I think that without the writings of Paul (which BTW, Paul was writing letters not scripture), Christianity would be much clearer and simpler. IMHO of course.
Your post reminds me of Peter’s words words about Paul @ 2 Peter 3:16.

We need all of it, though. All the letters, those from Peter and John, too — they really help to explain each other.

Take care, cousin.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
We are getting really far afield, but nonetheless. Salvation is determined by God as we journey through many worlds. From my perspective. which is limited it would basically the sincerity of individual to do the will of God.
Not that far afield. Paul offered that salvation is by faith through the blood of Christ. I was just wondering if you thought that as well.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Not that far afield. Paul offered that salvation is by faith through the blood of Christ. I was just wondering if you thought that as well.

No, Jesus brought salvation to humanity by the renewal and reaffirmation of the Word of God through his life and message to humanity.

I do not believe in the expiation by blood sacrifice by Christ for salvation.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Others say he invented a new religion and attributed it to someone he didn't even know.;)
Tom
LOL... Yes. And some say there is a Spaghetti god.

But, since Paul checked out his story with the Apostles and they gave him the right hand of approval, we can dismiss "those peoples" position. :rolleyes: