• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Paul Rub You the Wrong Way

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
sandy whitelinger,
Nothing that Paul said causes disharmony. Quite the opposite, a close meditation of Paul’s writings will help anyone to better understand the Holy Scriptures.
Paul was, by far, the greatest teacher of Christianity. Jesus, being a Jew, and under The Mosaic Law Covenant, could not teach Christianity.
There are a few things that Paul wrote that are a little bit difficult to understand, but only until they are explained to you...
Other people's explanations usually leave me more befuddled. I do better following my own understanding. His are long and interrelated arguments but following the rules of English as applied to his tale is illuminating.

Last edited:

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
The Trinity is Biblically sound but your concepts of it are either fantasy or speculation.
Israel's mantra, was and is, The Lord our God is ONE God. Now you can take that to mean that God is one consciousness, or one embodiment of the universe, but it still only adds merely different qualities of the ONE. There could be a jillion angels, but they'd be noting more than God's finger puppets, same as the elements of the Trinity.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Israel's mantra, was and is, The Lord our God is ONE God. Now you can take that to mean that God is one consciousness, or one embodiment of the universe, but it still only adds merely different qualities of the ONE. There could be a jillion angels, but they'd be noting more than God's finger puppets, same as the elements of the Trinity.

I believe it is not the same; God is not an angel.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The problem is there is no basis other than speculation for the Trinity in the Torah nor the Tanakh for justifying the Trinity.

I believe there is plenty of basis which means either you don't understand what you read or just intentionally deny the meaning of what you read or maybe you don't read it all and are relying on hearsay.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
I believe it is not the same; God is not an angel.

I didn't say It was, only that if God is the divine embodiment of the universe/Truth, angels would just be another manifestation of that embodiment, like galaxies--but both would be mere appendages to God like our fingers, skin, ears and eyes are for us. But it's only an analogy, they don't have their own free will no matter how we decorate the fingertips with faces and voices.

But then, I'm sure you know that.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe there is plenty of basis which means either you don't understand what you read or just intentionally deny the meaning of what you read or maybe you don't read it all and are relying on hearsay.

You, of course, may believe anything you choose, but I will go with the millions of Jews and their scholars who have far superior knowledge of the Torah and Tanakh and the related Hebrew than you.